Bladesworn Wars 2

Eddie.9143

1 minute ago, Zuko.7132 said:

Eh, it’s more like mediocre recycling.

more like a hard to kill roach that does nothing and can be completely ignored.

the only use of bladesworn is to have dumb people tunnel vision and waste cooldown on them. if you just ignore it, it will be easy 5v4.

• Thanks 5
  • Confused 3

6 minutes ago, felix.2386 said:

more like a hard to kill roach that does nothing and can be completely ignored.

the only use of bladesworn is to have dumb people tunnel vision and waste cooldown on them. if you just ignore it, it will be easy 5v4.

That’s fair. It just doesn’t do enough consistent damage to be a real threat.

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

7 hours ago, Eddie.9143 said:

everyone is in denial lol

Have you tried to simply jump over a Junksworn's "Dragon Slash"? Or stand on a slight elevation? Or side-step it? Or block it? Or blind the Junksworn? Or CC the Junksworn sitting their like a duck while charging his burst?

"Dragon Slash" is the only potentially dangerous part of Junksworn and can easily be avoided by anyone trying to do so.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Eddie is correct. It's obnoxious 1v1; can we not pretend? We can all see how it works in the arena.

The buffs to unshakable mountain and the ammo cooldowns turned it back into a bunker.

Thank goodness Dragonscale doesn't -also- give it stability.

It can be shut down with smart play and loses 2v1 immediately like most reasonably designed specs, but it's def annoying (read: practically immortal) for 1v1 and can sidenode, like a slightly-more-vulnerable, more mobile virtuoso.

The way it was designed prevents it from being anything else, it seems. Design team really threw balance a rubix cube there. 

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Current bladesworn meta build can't be killed 1v1 if played right (while contesting point), it's can live long enough in 1v2 situation and it has enough damage to force most sidenoders out of node. When played right it's like a raid boss until you bring coordinated CC chain AND burst damage from 2 players. I wouldn't call it broken or op, but it's kinda unfun to play against.

• Thanks 4

3 minutes ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

I wouldn't agree with this since it can't deal with stunlocking and thus implodes if anyone coordinates, but everything else is spot on.

What I saw it can be killed by 2 coordinated players if it was forced to use endure pain in 1v1 situation. Otherwise it can live through one cycle of CC-chain (unless condi dps but it there condi roamer right now?)

40 minutes ago, Downstate.4697 said:

Blades worn is sss+ tier. I’m a main character and you are all side characters. While you all were spamming buttons on catalyst I was studying the blade.

Looking at that not-a-sabre you call a "blade", I think it'd be more impactful as a bludgeoning tool than as a cutting/slashing weapon.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

54 minutes ago, Downstate.4697 said:

Blades worn is sss+ tier. I’m a main character and you are all side characters. While you all were spamming buttons on catalyst I was studying the blade.

It's probably like a solid A atm, idk

I'm happy for it given how frustrating it must be to give it an identity in pvp tbh but... Iunno, maybe numbers tweaked too far? Shout Warrior was a bad era. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Eddie is correct. It's obnoxious 1v1; can we not pretend? We can all see how it works in the arena.

The buffs to unshakable mountain and the ammo cooldowns turned it back into a bunker.

Thank goodness Dragonscale doesn't -also- give it stability.

It can be shut down with smart play and loses 2v1 immediately like most reasonably designed specs, but it's def annoying (read: practically immortal) for 1v1 and can sidenode, like a slightly-more-vulnerable, more mobile virtuoso.

The way it was designed prevents it from being anything else, it seems. Design team really threw balance a rubix cube there. 

It’s good 1v1, but it is not good in a teamfight due to how it relies on winning slowly through sustain.

• Like 3

Just now, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Agreed. it's good for sidenoding but it probably has issues in teamfights due to the same reasons that make it crumple 2v1. I'll keep that in mind. 

Ya, but there are also way better options for sidenoding. A good side node build must be able to survive 1vx and have tools that scale against multiple opponents to survive a plus, ie full counter, long block, distortion, stealth, invuln. 

• Like 1

Fighting bs feels like"alright I just landed a bunch of my hard hitting burst skills, he didn't do anything to avoid any of it but is still somehow at 90% health and Im getting real low from their random skill spam counter pressure which they are free to do because they don't need to actively play defensively." It's annoying stupid design please just play spellbreaker it's far more interesting to face.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

I tilt more at virts ability to be seemingly immortal. Oh look distort dropped I can attack, jk, aegis okay aegis gone I can attack jk more aegis, okay I'm good now I can attack, jk chaos storm. Sweet I finally got their health down, I should be able to attack, jk, heal distort, now I know I'm good to attack, jk, bladesong with 69 blades 420 mins block full reset, repeat. 

Edit: I forgot scepter 2 block and torch stealth-to-reset. Oops and evades. 

If your build doesn't have constant pressure or wild sig level unblockables that can cleanse 11 stacks of confusion gl with that 1v1. I'm talking non noob virts BTW, best you can do is contest the node or maybe force a 2 min cap. 

Edited by thc enjoyer.4976
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, ArthurDent.9538 said:

Fighting bs feels like"alright I just landed a bunch of my hard hitting burst skills, he didn't do anything to avoid any of it but is still somehow at 90% health and Im getting real low from their random skill spam counter pressure which they are free to do because they don't need to actively play defensively." It's annoying stupid design please just play spellbreaker it's far more interesting to face.

Yes. Because the sustain is op and it doesn't rely on active defense instead. Sustain needs to be lowered dramatically and active defenses and damage given to compensate.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Zuko.7132 said:

Yes. Because the sustain is op and it doesn't rely on active defense instead. Sustain needs to be lowered dramatically and active defenses and damage given to compensate.

Yeah it’s shout heals need to come down, damage come up, and be given stab in dragon stance

• Like 1