World Linking 5/26/2023

Roy Marks.7689

They should abandon the system that considers victory pts = ppt. And consider the server's advancement to the next tier only based on the average kdr of the month. The same goes for whoever wins T1. It would direct T1 only those servers that really focus on fights - kills. And wouldn't let them hide in T4 to kill newbies there and get an undeservedly high kill count. It should also allow tier winners to enjoy 15-25% higher  fees for tier wins the following week. So that players are motivated to win tiers.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

wow gandara(always and perma full of ppl  what ever if its at day and night so i mean they are actif h24) + abaddon (massive ppters in the night untill 5 am with 50 ppl minimum) again for 2 months  woooow pog guys ,i guess next relink it will be gandara +wsr ? or bb maybe ,no ?     kekw really .

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

Matches on relinks are done by the old glicko method.  Any of you take a look at the current spread in glicko rating for NA?  They are well within +/- 100 of each other.  BG getting rolled into T4 is entirely possible and probable.

• Like 1

Before making your stupid linking, analyze "live" accounts on the servers you linked, and how many of these accounts play on WvW. It's annoyingly that 2 servers with significant populations combined and the other sides have only 2/3 population from it with linking.

Edited by Kirk Seeker.6497
  • Like 4

On 5/27/2023 at 2:32 PM, SFShinigami.1572 said:

Endgame wvw is to have multiple alt accounts so that at any given time you can be on a server bandwagoning without transferring with gems.

Oh too TRUE!

Undo the links. 

UNDO the links!

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

8 minutes ago, aspirine.6852 said:

The program responsible for the linking needs an abacus. It's so messed up that I cant believe a human could make such mistakes.

Links are done manually...... that's why they going to create WR... to automate it....

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, JTGuevara.9018 said:

So that is the big hype about alliances eh? Instead of bad server links, we'll get bad server links via an AI ! Just screw this f'n digital age..

Well it won't be links anymore, it'll be entire new single world creations using multiple lego pieces instead of 2 giant duplo pieces.... 🤷‍♂️

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

no link for wsr is a good decision. but why fow + gunnar? if you do links purely on numbers then you do something wrong. i would prefer to play restructuring beta every week instead of matchups like this. even without additional bonuses like beta has

• Like 2

How was SBI the main server and linked with Ebay, in T4 mind you.  And now Ebay is a main server and they're kicking our butts?  Thank goodness for the World Restructuring beta so we don't have to spend 8 7 weeks in T4.  NA really only needs three tiers.

Edited by Johje Holan.4607

On 5/31/2023 at 5:02 PM, Bluevan.9248 said:

no link for wsr is a good decision.

WSR has a crazy flow. On Friday morning, right now you can see a stream of K+D that has exceeded in 61,000. in the evening will go above and beyond. Desolation without a link has never achieved such activity. If it's a particularly active week it barely manages to reach 50,000K+D. Yet I've seen desolation without a link a lot of times while WSR without a link is perhaps the first time? strange things I can't understand.

K+D = players playing the mode. Among other things it is a register that already exists. Done right, map by map. If Anet kept a separate track from who comes from this K+D even for 2 matched servers. It would really have the best parameter to build the next combination, getting as close as possible to similar teams. for when these great pieces can grant. and neglecting the problem of organised transfers.

But, in this section of the forum, asking questions and asking is legitimate, get an answer remains a utopia.🤭

Edited by Mabi black.1824
  • Confused 1

On 5/29/2023 at 8:13 PM, JTGuevara.9018 said:

So that is the big hype about alliances eh? Instead of bad server links, we'll get bad server links via an AI ! Just screw this f'n digital age..

Yeah, the end of the world began with ones and zeros.

Would the server links be better if WvW would run on steam powered analog computers? 

re o/ so I'm going to answer 2 people, first to mabi black, if wsr can do like 61,000 K/D it's because they're good, quite simply

.secondly, bluevan, know that even if GH and FoW are together, they can't even follow gandara+abaddon, so please team anet, next time do a relink (for real) thx.

On 6/8/2023 at 11:10 AM, DESOLATION.3514 said:

re o/ so I'm going to answer 2 people, first to mabi black, if wsr can do like 61,000 K/D it's because they're good, quite simply

I am absolutely convinced that WSR has good players, but, I was talking about something else, I was saying that there are so many to reach that flow without a link. Yet it is perhaps the first time I have seen them run alone. So I wondered why. The usual questions you ask yourself on WWW and you will never understand why.

We were talking about quantity, not quality. If it can help you, I saw my server + link get to 120,000k+d on Friday night. This does not mean that it is 2 times more skilled than WSR which has a capacity to generate 60,000K+D. Only it has 2 times the amount of players playing the mode.

So the desolation without link stream 50,000k+d is normal to see it without a link

while wsr without link stream 60,000k+d is normal that gets a link?

As if to say : Anet take a look at the algorithm that matches the teams, because something does not add up.