Elementalist Dragon Tooth skill

Pro.3760

Please nerf dragon tooth, why is there an ability that allows tracking and you having to waste a free evade.  Fresh air elementalist has way too much utility  and 1 shot potential 100-0 in less then .5 seconds.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 6
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

Players: Dragon's tooth is kitten. Can't hit kitten. 

Anet: OK. We buffed the dmg so it's worth trying. 

Players: Still cant hit anyone. 

Anet: OK. We buffed the dmg again. Maybe try to cc the enemy first? 

Players: CC? Never heard of it. The skill is still poo poo. 

Anet: DUCK it. It tracks now. 

Players: Noooooooooo IT'S GIGA OP NOW!!!!! 

Anet: Nerfs dmg. 

Players: STILL GIGA OP!!!! 

Anet: Nerfs again. 

Players: As long as it does 1 dmg. It's op. NERF¡!!!!!! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

I really, really don't understand why they just didn't shorten the time it spent hanging in the air before dropping. Of course it's never going to hit anything if it hangs for 3s. What if it only hung for 1-1.5s?  Putting an auto track on the thing so that you can't out range it or LOS it was a bad move.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, CalmTheStorm.2364 said:

I really, really don't understand why they just didn't shorten the time it spent hanging in the air before dropping. Of course it's never going to hit anything if it hangs for 3s. What if it only hung for 1-1.5s?  Putting an auto track on the thing so that you can't out range it or LOS it was a bad move.

Because CMC plays ele and is a low effort player.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Frequency.6407 said:

Well, you have 3 seconds to dodge it, easiest skill in the game to dodge.

I agree 100% anyway, if catalyst is too strong why don't nerf the trait and instead leave the elementalist core components alone.

if you nerf the spells of the scepter, ele core and the weaver will become even more unplayable. And they already are enough weak.

Edited by Wayne.6253
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, felix.2386 said:

problem is that it can be stowed but the animation goes on.

can bait a trillion dodges with it

this isnt even true, yes the animation can bug out but it has nothing to do with stowing and you cant do it consistently, stowing does not work and when you stow it it goes on full recharge which IS a bug 🙂

• Like 1

I just don't understand how this many people don't see that tracking is not a useful thing if you're playing against someone with more than two braincells. If they use it to combo, then at least you know when the rest of their burst is coming and you end up getting a lot of value out of the dodge. Otherwise it's just like any other skill but slower/with a delay, what is the difference.

Ranger longbow 2 - tracking, instant damage... Most ranged auto attacks track, are instant .. 

Don't even mention how many skills just flat out do way more damage than dtooth and unlike dtooth are not slow, easy to dodge and have a hugely obvious animation that literally warns you it's coming and tells you when to dodge.

It's been a git gud issue since day 1 and people are still complaining. I'm sorry but you're just not as good as you thought you were. 

Just dodge lmao

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

I dont mind dt to follow us. Made it easier to Hit enemys If you use it right. Ele is acutually this strong cause you could dt twice plus you could do your normal dmg Comb means you are forced to waste 3 Defence options in a row as their enemys. This also would not be too bad if they would not be able to blind/Block/invu/been imune though ccs this many times in comb with this heavy amount of hard AoE/one targed DPS. For real sometimes im thinking ele get that many defensives that this class is litterly more tanky than a warr/Guardian and this should not be the case. 

But don't ask me what i would nerf/balance on it. i get no idea of its traitlines xd.

4 hours ago, solemn.9670 said:

I just don't understand how this many people don't see that tracking is not a useful thing if you're playing against someone with more than two braincells. If they use it to combo, then at least you know when the rest of their burst is coming and you end up getting a lot of value out of the dodge. Otherwise it's just like any other skill but slower/with a delay, what is the difference.

Ranger longbow 2 - tracking, instant damage... Most ranged auto attacks track, are instant .. 

Don't even mention how many skills just flat out do way more damage than dtooth and unlike dtooth are not slow, easy to dodge and have a hugely obvious animation that literally warns you it's coming and tells you when to dodge.

It's been a git gud issue since day 1 and people are still complaining. I'm sorry but you're just not as good as you thought you were. 

Just dodge lmao

Gotta agree with this, there’s so many mitigation tools in the game now that Dragons Tooth isn’t really a threat unless you are deep in a fight and spent everything, but then that’s how fights are kind of supposed to go anyways. And this is coming from someone who is absolutely horrible against scepter ele 😅

1 hour ago, oscuro.9720 said:

Gotta agree with this, there’s so many mitigation tools in the game now that Dragons Tooth isn’t really a threat unless you are deep in a fight and spent everything, but then that’s how fights are kind of supposed to go anyways. And this is coming from someone who is absolutely horrible against scepter ele 😅

It's because it's only bad when ele does it

Everything else gets to be objectively broken and we all just accept it as normal but as soon as ele is half-good at anything OMFG NERF 😂

• Like 1
  • Confused 4