Got any silly builds you play despite them being scuffed asf?

Grand Marshal.4098

Here is my take at a healer boon Mirage 🥸🥸🤓

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PigAYZlZwsYgsK2JeyTuPVA-zVJYjRF/ZkpUIVVgHPEhZP8Wa/XDA-w

For WvW zerging frfr

Edit: found out that replacing some minstrel for giver or that other stat with healing power, can give you a 100% boon dura under regen without losing stats to more concentration.

Also the reason I picked chaos armor over the CD reduction in staff.

Edited by Grand Marshal.4098
Updated link

Why the domination trait line on a healing build?   I’d assume for a bit of dmg but it is wasted on your over all goal.   Chaos would give you more group sustain and even bigger self sustain and you’re running staff/staff so might as well go for the cd reduction.   

17 minutes ago, dead.7638 said:

Why the domination trait line on a healing build?   I’d assume for a bit of dmg but it is wasted on your over all goal.   Chaos would give you more group sustain and even bigger self sustain and you’re running staff/staff so might as well go for the cd reduction.   

yeah mb mb, faulty link, I do as you say in the proper build

Of any spec for Mesmer chrono is used for group support.   I’d ditch the mirage ideal anet has made sure that mirage is impossible to play with any perks.   As a matter of fact gone out of their way to kill the class.   Let’s see what the June 9th patch brings….😭

29 minutes ago, Zhaid Zhem.6508 said:

I play condi chrono staff, because i'm too lazy to dodge every sec.

So you're too lazy to press one button every 1-2 seconds you're more content with spamming every one of your skills every second to attempt to be as viable as the one button build?

I'm not sure how a Staff Chrono would play but it definitely does not have the traits to get the DPS, boons, and sustainability out of just pressing a single button.

With Staff Mirage you don't even want to press the single button every second because there is a delay to when the clones attack with the Mirage Cloak.

So it's only pressing the button every 2-3 seconds... So much a better build for lazy play than anything I've ever seen possible with Chrono.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PiwAsq/lVw2YesEGKWOP+NVA-zRJYyKtP8ZksCIdpgHnlF90gKA-e

Shatter Build that generates a ton of clones for the only purpose to shatter them when limit is reached. The damage is not really good and the group-quickness is kinda meh - obviously. But I love doing HP runs with it. It is great to carry people through open world and HoT HPs. 

I use a human male that looks like a cheap Hugo Weaving copy from Matrix. It wears a black tuxedo and sunglasses. Dragonsblood Scepter is small enough that the auto-attack looks like the character is hitting with their fist. A Vermillion Tail Feather for some extra epic looks on weaponswap.

The damage source is a bit weird as well. A combination of Torment and Confusion with some decent blind-spamming (Inepitude). It is a stable build, good sustain, group-quickness, self stability/alacrity. You can survive most battles even by just camping auto-attack scepter and shattering. 

For a person like me, who touches mesmer once in a blue moon, it is nice. For a dedicated mesmer-main probably too weak and inefficient ^^. 

38 minutes ago, Zhaid Zhem.6508 said:

yes

Lazy is not the right word then.

Lazy is wanting to do the least amount of effort possible.

Staff/staff Mirage works well just auto-attacking.

There is no way you can even achieve a fraction of the capability and sustainability that Staff/staff Mirage has with Chrono without putting in 3-5 times more effort.

Unless you have figured out a miracle build that other people haven't.

• Confused 1

33 minutes ago, Roadkizzle.2157 said:

Lazy is not the right word then.

Lazy is wanting to do the least amount of effort possible.

Staff/staff Mirage works well just auto-attacking.

There is no way you can even achieve a fraction of the capability and sustainability that Staff/staff Mirage has with Chrono without putting in 3-5 times more effort.

Unless you have figured out a miracle build that other people haven't.

Muscularly and physiologically, how is bind the dodge on my keyboard just above the space bar which is also critical in competitive modes, yes it asks me effort over time to use my thumb than other fingers arround WASD.
But I didn't know this thread was that serious and inquisitive 🥶

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Zhaid Zhem.6508 said:

Muscularly and physiologically, how is bind the dodge on my keyboard just above the space bar which is also critical in competitive modes, yes it asks me effort over time to use my thumb than other fingers arround WASD.
But I didn't know this thread was that serious and inquisitive 🥶

I'm just trying to be helpful and figure out if there are any builds I've never heard of.

Because I've never heard of a person playing a Staff Chrono build. I've never heard of a legitimate Chrono build as mind numbingly simple and ideal for lazy people as the Mirage is.

Chrono you have to to be a concert pianist to achieve the same level of a Staff Mirage player lazily moving one finger pressing just a single button slowly.

Please let us in on what you have discovered about the Chrono that let's you be more lazy than playing a Staff Mirage.

• Confused 1

I play Power Mirage in PvP and the build centers around spamming CC to burst and lock down key targets while being elusive and evasive. It's silly but I like it. I have never seen another Power Mirage in all my time pvping so I have to call the build silly since I'm the only one that seems to enjoy playing it lol.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Waffles.5632 said:

I play Power Mirage in PvP and the build centers around spamming CC to burst and lock down key targets while being elusive and evasive. It's silly but I like it. I have never seen another Power Mirage in all my time pvping so I have to call the build silly since I'm the only one that seems to enjoy playing it lol.

Sounds like a Thief take on mesmer ngl. I always appreciated those power mesmer players who did not rely on spamming invulns.

Any build links if it's not secret meta?

22 minutes ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

I did a healtuoso build that spams mantras and blades, but it's not that great.

I found out the same with my Mirage build. While in burst fights it can sustain decently with mantra casts, uses and the other skills, the reliance to clones for alac and the fact that mantras don't heal with their charges, but only their cast, limits the build.

I think that the heal is on mantra cast at least..why it bothers them to add it to the charges as well is beyond me.

• Like 1

Not really on mesmer, but i kinda like playing power harbinger staff in pve with signets. Basically the autoattack reaper but as a harbinger, and because life force is not hindered by dmg taken its basically chilling while throwing brocoli at mobs until they die cause signet of suffering means that life pool barely gets down during shroud and can be refilled with 5. 😄

It's absolutely inefficient, plateaus at 25k dps, but i like having perma quickness fury 25 might, 25 vuln, permaswiftness (signet locust) and having a : press 1 rotation from range.

As mesmer I liked chrono but it's in a weird spot I'm not enjoying quite as much as back in the days.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

Sounds like a Thief take on mesmer ngl. I always appreciated those power mesmer players who did not rely on spamming invulns.

Any build links if it's not secret meta?

It very much does play like a thief yes! Ty! and I got you.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PiwAwqFlRwQYSsLmJO6L/vKA-z5IeINKEyUFEyEwxDAA

Video of build in action:

The idea I had was, if I never get hit via Evading and CC spam, then I don't need sustain or condi cleanse. But hey, it's silly and one dodge so no judgment please, I just like playing it.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Waffles.5632 said:

It very much does play like a thief yes! Ty! and I got you.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PiwAwqFlRwQYSsLmJO6L/vKA-z5IeINKEyUFEyEwxDAA

Video of build in action:

The idea I had was, if I never get hit via Evading and CC spam, then I don't need sustain or condi cleanse. But hey, it's silly and one dodge so no judgment please, I just like playing it.

Awesome, I always wanted to learn a similar build on Mirage but simply had not creativity or time to fully master it.

Does it run power block? Would be a shame if it didn't! 

Very fun playstyle with ports and the underappreciated Mirage utils. I rly like the port one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

I found out the same with my Mirage build. While in burst fights it can sustain decently with mantra casts, uses and the other skills, the reliance to clones for alac and the fact that mantras don't heal with their charges, but only their cast, limits the build.

I think that the heal is on mantra cast at least..why it bothers them to add it to the charges as well is beyond me.

If they added heal on charge casts, a lesser one, that would be better and maybe make a viable mesmer heal.

But as it is, even with virtuoso's blades and how quickly you can stock them (each stock heals too), and that skill that stocks full 5, it's not enough and a bit clunky.

Plus listening to that fiieeuuuuuWOOOSH sound of casting mantras each time gets old really fast.

Edited by Veprovina.4876
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

Awesome, I always wanted to learn a similar build on Mirage but simply had not creativity or time to fully master it.

Does it run power block? Would be a shame if it didn't! 

Very fun playstyle with ports and the underappreciated Mirage utils. I rly like the port one.

Ty! And yes, I abuse powerblock extensively.

Without it the build wouldn't really work imo. I've tried going vicious expression for boonstrip but powerblock enables you to interrupt downed players which is where this build really shines. Mirage thrust is AOE so ambushing a downed player + rezzer will daze both, which basically resets your pistol 5, and the loop just repeats itself infinitely. Downed necro's especially are free lunch and I love it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/8/2023 at 1:53 PM, Waffles.5632 said:

Ty! And yes, I abuse powerblock extensively.

Without it the build wouldn't really work imo. I've tried going vicious expression for boonstrip but powerblock enables you to interrupt downed players which is where this build really shines. Mirage thrust is AOE so ambushing a downed player + rezzer will daze both, which basically resets your pistol 5, and the loop just repeats itself infinitely. Downed necro's especially are free lunch and I love it.

I've got a couple build very similar to yours, but has a little higher burst dmg & defense vs condi. Don't overlook Egotism as it's a really strong damage steroid. Makes your split surge hit like a kittening truck 

GS + sw/p 

GS + Sw/torch

You can drop blinding dissipation for evasive mirror when facing things like ranger or deadeye. You can potentially put a DPS sigil on greatsword on both builds for the luls. Once the patch hits, both of these builds will be MUCH better and will IMO be the strongest power mirage builds you can run in sPvP

Edited by WhoWantsAHug.3186
Wrong hyperlink
  • Like 1