Bladeturn Requiem - will there be any use for it?

Mimterest.4639

4 hours ago, Leonidrex.5649 said:

just out of curiosity as I have not played this utter failure of a spec since beta,
is thousand cuts still missing afk players? can that garbage elite hit something standing still or nah ?

Don't worry, the only thing you are missing out is this dumpster fire of a spec. 

If the damage is altered a bit, I can see this skill becoming an integral part of a WvW virt. As in a DPS/strip build meant for zerging. The More fixated AoE you got to spam on the enemy the better, but that's about the only place and you'd probably still prefer to use Harmony during unblockable phases to strike enemies and pierce through them for more boonrip.

40 minutes ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

If the damage is altered a bit, I can see this skill becoming an integral part of a WvW virt. As in a DPS/strip build meant for zerging. The More fixated AoE you got to spam on the enemy the better, but that's about the only place and you'd probably still prefer to use Harmony during unblockable phases to strike enemies and pierce through them for more boonrip.

All 5 hits from this skill do about as much damage as 1 auto-attack, and it takes 5s for all hits to connect.
This is basically as if you played warrior, spend your entier adrenaline bar to do 200 dmg/s for 5s in 240 range.
Cast time 1.5s 🤣
Increase the dmg by 400% and it will be usable ( still weak )

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Leonidrex.5649 said:

All 5 hits from this skill do about as much damage as 1 auto-attack, and it takes 5s for all hits to connect.
This is basically as if you played warrior, spend your entier adrenaline bar to do 200 dmg/s for 5s in 240 range.
Cast time 1.5s 🤣
Increase the dmg by 400% and it will be usable ( still weak )

Yeah Def not good enough, but hey the potential is there so mayyybee? 

• Haha 1

Well since they removed bleed from Shatter 2 a few patches ago, it only makes since to remove block for this one.  It's inline with removing features that had synergy with traits and provided spec identity...

Seriously, they should have just removed distortion.

On 6/13/2023 at 8:13 AM, Loboling.5293 said:

But it's very good at it's role. If you spam it off cooldown, you can make sure the virtuoso doesn't have many blades, so you can then take them out. It's called strategy, maybe you should try smelling it sometime

Huh?

This makes absolutely no sense. 

I would spam that ability to lose all my blades so.....   huh?  You wrote like two different people writing a paragraph where the 2nd one didn't read what the 1st one wrote. 

On 6/17/2023 at 4:48 PM, dead.7638 said:

Remove distortion from Mesmer, and give it to ele with a10 second duration and make it so they can also cast skills during distortion.   There that wasn’t so hard, the distortion problem is fixed.

I mean, they can kind of already do that...

all it'll be is a 'damage damage' skill if nothing else happens to it. it is sadly ironic that it started off as the bladesong shatter that was in distortion's place. then distortion came along several months later, and now requiem's block will be gone. so what is the purpose of it apart from its damage? LOL

• Like 2

On 6/23/2023 at 2:13 AM, mirage.8046 said:

all it'll be is a 'damage damage' skill if nothing else happens to it. it is sadly ironic that it started off as the bladesong shatter that was in distortion's place. then distortion came along several months later, and now requiem's block will be gone. so what is the purpose of it apart from its damage? LOL

this skill doesnt deal dmg, like legit the dmg is so low 1clone F1 does more then 5 clones F5.
the best thing you can do is unbind it so that you dont fat-finger and waste the blades

• Like 3