Warrior walk out

GamerToad.9248

10 hours ago, felix.2386 said:

there's literally 0 fun in hard stuck in an unresponsive long-channeling skill that can be dodged by even a monkey.

you have no idea how much more gameplay rich is arcing slice, compared to arc divider.

And you have no idea how many hours I've played on warrior. Don't presume to tell me what I know or don't know about warrior gameplay mechanics.  I don't enjoy Arcing Slice and rarely use it. However, I and many others do enjoy Arc Divider and we've explained why in various threads.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/10/2023 at 4:16 PM, GamerToad.9248 said:

If they keep warrior in such a bad state and keep nerfing the only place warrior stands out (Winds of disenchantment and arc divider ) we need to stage a walkout.

Like literally everyone that main warrior go to other classes so anet see we are not happy.

That's NOT a walkout chief, that's giving Anet what they want. Walkout means walking out and not playing. Switching to another class just enables Anet's BS. Also, warriors have already walked out. All that's really left are warriors who play it out of spite. (Like me!) Because I seriously doubt newer players will enjoy it compared to less intensive classes like guardian, engi or necro. But that's just part of the issue here, the other part is that Anet either hates this class, doesn't care or plays the more popular classes instead.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

On 6/10/2023 at 11:54 PM, Myror.7521 said:

@Azure The Heartless.3261 im just not duped or stuff i see the change thinking about it, doing some math and realize it will be not a too hughe nerf to cry about. But also in my eyes it will be the better Version of a burst cause its actually a burst .... If that makes sence xd. While yes if used over 5-6 seconds its just a nerf and thats also what i do not want to say its not xd.  Its only that i dont think it was a that big Nerf how peops want it to be ^^

Math, you say?

Current Arc Divider hits 3 times with a maximum of 5 targets. Arc Divider gets around this target limit by rolling a dice and possibly hitting different targets on each following hit with a potential chance to hit a maximum of 15. Basically, the first strike hits 5 targets, the second strike gets 5 more and the last hit gets another 5 for a total of 15. As an example, let's say each target gets hit for 5k HP. That means:

3 hits  x  (5 targets  x  5000 HP) =  75,000 damage

The new Arc Divider change cuts the damage in HALF in pve and 16% in pvp. (Balance Preview) "Reduced total power coefficient from 5.1 to 2.5 in PvE and from 2.112 to 1.82 in PvP." But more importantly, reduces the number of strikes to 1. Then all that means is that Arc Divider hits 5 targets period since it is only 1 strike. Basically, it doesn't matter how big the AoE is if it can only hit 5 targets.

1 hit  x  (5 targets  x  5000 HP)  =  25,000 damage

'But wait, you can increase the damage!' Ok then...you would have to increase the damage by 300% just to break even with the first equation above (eg.  5000  x  3  =  15000)

So, this is a straight-up NERF. It doesn't matter how people spin it. The math up there speaks for itself.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

24 minutes ago, JTGuevara.9018 said:

Math, you say?

Current Arc Divider hits 3 times with a maximum of 5 targets. Arc Divider gets around this target limit by rolling a dice and possibly hitting different targets on each following hit with a potential chance to hit a maximum of 15. Basically, the first strike hits 5 targets, the second strike gets 5 more and the last hit gets another 5 for a total of 15. As an example, let's say each target gets hit for 5k HP. That means:

The new Arc Divider change cuts the damage in HALF in pve and 16% in pvp. (Balance Preview) "Reduced total power coefficient from 5.1 to 2.5 in PvE and from 2.112 to 1.82 in PvP." But more importantly, reduces the number of strikes to 1. Then all that means is that Arc Divider hits 5 targets period since it is only 1 strike. Basically, it doesn't matter how big the AoE is if it can only hit 5 targets.

'But wait, you can increase the damage!' Ok then...you would have to increase the damage by 300% just to break even with the first equation above (eg.  5000  x  3  =  15000)

So, this is a straight-up NERF. It doesn't matter how people spin it. The math up there speaks for itself.

Preach brother!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

@JTGuevara.9018

Oh no someone could do math...... now you got me. I still wondering why everyone seem to be like "but it could do dmg against more than just 5 peops" yea man ik but the only scenario where this could happen is against mobs that are glassy enough to die by one hit means pocket raptors. Besides this the strikes doesn't mean anything its just the increased dmg that makes the 1 hit less adoreable than the 3 striking one ^^. Cause gues what the only scene where 3 Strikes are better than 1 are mops that die fast enough. Its Just basicly a Open World PvE Nerf ..... but also not cause against bosses with actually high health the new Version will Deal more dmg than the old one ^^. But you know? I do not said this cause its Open World.... like everything could be Played there ^^ so who the actually heck cares anyways. 

(don't take this too salty but im tired of peops going Like "but this is a Nerf". Yes it is a nerf! (but at the big end not rly only difference is just old one does bigger Numbers but also in a ways longer animation) I would lie if i would say no! But first of all they mentioned at the Stream that if its gonna be a too hard dps loss in Instanced PvE they will just buff it to fix the missed dps. So in no way i have a clue why peops mad about this change besides "I Love the animation" in fact it saws nice but letz be real the new one will fit ways better to Berserkers theme)

Edited by Myror.7521
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

12 minutes ago, Myror.7521 said:

@JTGuevara.9018

Oh no someone could do math...... now you got me. I still wondering why everyone seem to be like "but it could do dmg against more than just 5 peops" yea man ik but the only scenario where this could happen is against mobs that are glassy enough to die by one hit means pocket raptors. Besides this the strikes doesn't mean anything its just the increased dmg that makes the 1 hit less adoreable than the 3 striking one ^^. Cause gues what the only scene where 3 Strikes are better than 1 are mops that die fast enough. Its Just basicly a Open World PvE Nerf ..... but also not cause against bosses with actually high health the new Version will Deal more dmg than the old one ^^. But you know? I do not said this cause its Open World.... like everything could be Played there ^^ so who the actually heck cares anyways. 

(don't take this too salty but im tired of peops going Like "but this is a Nerf". Yes it is a nerf! (but at the big end not rly only difference is just old one does bigger Numbers but also in a ways longer animation) I would lie if i would say no! But first of all they mentioned at the Stream that if its gonna be a too hard dps loss in Instanced PvE they will just buff it to fix the missed dps. So in no way i have a clue why peops mad about this change besides "I Love the animation" in fact it saws nice but letz be real the new one will fit ways better to Berserkers theme)

Snowcrows debunked that the dps in pve will be lower so i don't know what you on about. its 5 targets only and against boss will be a dps loss... I don't see how it will be a win other than "i can cast faster"...

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/131779-pdps-berserker-benchmarks-in-pve-june-27-estimations/

Edited by GamerToad.9248
  • Confused 1

It's a nerf in all game modes. You can't spin that. Even in OWPvE running metas you are going to be hitting more than 5 upscaled mobs at a time with the current version. In WvW as enemies move in and out of range/get finished between hits the current version will be more powerful. In PvP and WvW roaming/small scale those three hits ensure that at least one will hit through the blind and aegis spam. They wanted to increase it's usability in PvE rotations, okay, but the answer to that is to remove the atrocious aftercast that requires stowing to get around and then maybe reduce the cast time by a 1/4s.

Orange Slice is just going to be worse.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@GamerToad.9248 well thats what I actually said lol. 

@Lan Deathrider.5910 Nah in PvP the new one is a big win. Maybe not while you mindless spam it out tho^^. In Instanced PvE its a nerf cause you will loose around 2k dps but A-Net allready said they might buff it so letz wait on this. In WvW Zerg its basicly a more bursty one but now will not ignore Aegis (gues we might see more use of signet of might to compensate). In Open World it Just high depends on enemys and build. For example against pocket raptors old Version was the better one but on bosses with high lifepool the new one will be better in time and also the First 4 Seconds (thx to lesser Cast time). So all in all its just a Nerf but not even Close as hard as peops seem it to be :).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Myror.7521 said:

@GamerToad.9248 well thats what I actually said lol. 

@Lan Deathrider.5910 Nah in PvP the new one is a big win. Maybe not while you mindless spam it out tho^^. In Instanced PvE its a nerf cause you will loose around 2k dps but A-Net allready said they might buff it so letz wait on this. In WvW Zerg its basicly a more bursty one but now will not ignore Aegis (gues we might see more use of signet of might to compensate). In Open World it Just high depends on enemys and build. For example against pocket raptors old Version was the better one but on bosses with high lifepool the new one will be better in time and also the First 4 Seconds (thx to lesser Cast time). So all in all its just a Nerf but not even Close as hard as peops seem it to be :).

Very convenient they are changing and is a nerf .... they could not predict that lowering the damage by half was a nerf when the weapon is kitten to generate adrenaline.

• Confused 1

@GamerToad.9248 yea ik that was a weird step. They Just said "you will be able to finish the rotation faster so you could fill it with Just AA Chains" xD. While in reality you will sweap back to Axe Axe instantly after Finish you"old GS Loop" cause everything else would be a omega big DPS loss^^

Edited by Myror.7521

1 hour ago, Myror.7521 said:

@JTGuevara.9018

Oh no someone could do math...... now you got me.

Only because you said you did, but didn't provide any proof.

@JTGuevara.9018

I still wondering why everyone seem to be like "but it could do dmg against more than just 5 peops" yea man ik but the only scenario where this could happen is against mobs that are glassy enough to die by one hit means pocket raptors.

False. The Arc Divider breaking of the 5-target limit is game-wide. That means spvp and wvw. In wvw, it is more evident due to multiple players being clustered together. It's not just pve.

@JTGuevara.9018

Besides this the strikes doesn't mean anything its just the increased dmg that makes the 1 hit less adoreable than the 3 striking one ^^. Cause gues what the only scene where 3 Strikes are better than 1 are mops that die fast enough.

3 times whatever is still going to be greater than whatever no matter how big that whatever is. It's just basic arithmetic, bud.

@JTGuevara.9018

Its Just basicly a Open World PvE Nerf .....

No it's not.

2 hours ago, Myror.7521 said:

@JTGuevara.9018

(don't take this too salty but im tired of peops going Like "but this is a Nerf". Yes it is a nerf! (but at the big end not rly only difference is just old one does bigger Numbers but also in a ways longer animation) I would lie if i would say no! But first of all they mentioned at the Stream that if its gonna be a too hard dps loss in Instanced PvE they will just buff it to fix the missed dps.

Right. This is EXACTLY what I addressed above.

"...'But wait, you can increase the damage!' Ok then...you would have to increase the damage by 300% just to break even with the first equation above (eg.  5000  x  3  =  15000)..."

Buff it all you want, you can't get around not having three strikes. Can't just hand-wave this. This is a functional change to a skill that nobody asked for.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

@JTGuevara.9018But you know? I do not said this cause its Open World.... like everything could be Played there ^^ so who the actually heck cares anyways. 

I care.

@JTGuevara.9018

(don't take this too salty but im tired of peops going Like "but this is a Nerf". Yes it is a nerf! (but at the big end not rly only difference is just old one does bigger Numbers but also in a ways longer animation) I would lie if i would say no! 

Yeah, so why nerf it? Did they ever actually mention that berserker needs some culling to make up for the boons?

If I'm being honest, I'd take a damage nerf on AD but keep it a 3-hit spin. If it's too slow, why not shave the cast a bit? Being easy to dodge is not really a reason (things should be dodgeable in competitive). If it's to make it more skill-based/require timing, how does giving it a faster cast not make it just as spammable?

EDIT: it won't let me delete the @s in the wire lol

Edited by Leo G.4501
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, JTGuevara.9018 said:

Math, you say?

Your Math is wrong and disingenuous because you have assumed that each hit of current 3x Arc Divider is doing the same damage as the post-patch single hit.

Taking the new Arc Divider's modifier at 1.82(pvp) to do 5000 damage would mean that each hit of the old 3x Arc Divider at TOTAL 2.112(pvp) is doing 0.704 mod, so ~1934 damage in your example.

Which means you're looking at ~29,010(old) vs 25,000(new) damage. Still a nerf, but nowhere near the 300% you're under the misapprehension of. 

Also, Arc Divider has a lower total mod of 1.8 in WvW right now which seems to be what you're primarily concerned about. So assuming the buffed modifier of 1.82 is the same across pvp and wvw the total damage you'll do is actually buffed.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Jzaku.9765 said:

Your Math is wrong and disingenuous because you have assumed that each hit of current 3x Arc Divider is doing the same damage as the post-patch single hit.

Taking the new Arc Divider's modifier at 1.82(pvp) to do 5000 damage would mean that each hit of the old 3x Arc Divider at TOTAL 2.112(pvp) is doing 0.704 mod, so ~1934 damage in your example.

Which means you're looking at ~29,010(old) vs 25,000(new) damage. Still a nerf, but nowhere near the 300% you're under the misapprehension of. 

Also, Arc Divider has a lower total mod of 1.8 in WvW right now which seems to be what you're primarily concerned about. So assuming the buffed modifier of 1.82 is the same across pvp and wvw the total damage you'll do is actually buffed.

Its 2.1 in pvp.

Broken record here but:

Reworked arc divider will do lower damage total than if all strikes hit prepatch. 

The nerf is not substantial but its still a nerf to an underperforming spec that doesnt deserve it, and less ways to deal with aegis and blind arent what we need. People attempting to propose that this increases damage fail to see that clearing a blind, then doing 2-4k damage and proccing your traits is almost always more useful than getting blinded/hitting an aegis and getting nothing. The faster cast time just makes it harder to stow on reaction if you notice it'll whiff.

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Its 2.1 in pvp.

Broken record here but:

Reworked arc divider will do lower damage total than if all strikes hit prepatch. 

The nerf is not substantial but its still a nerf to an underperforming spec that doesnt deserve it, and less ways to deal with aegis and blind arent what we need. People attempting to propose that this increases damage fail to see that clearing a blind, then doing 2-4k damage and proccing your traits is almost always more useful than getting blinded/hitting an aegis and getting nothing. The faster cast time just makes it harder to stow on reaction if you notice it'll whiff.

I used the value on both the patch notes and wiki. 

I'm not commenting on any other aspect of the change. The quoted 'Math' was just so egregiously wrong I had to say something - clearly at least 4 people read it without somehow catching the massive discrepancy with reality.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

31 minutes ago, Jzaku.9765 said:

First off, I used the math to demonstrate a basic principle: 3x is greater than x, no matter how big x is. I emphasized the number of strikes(3) over the specific skill coefficients since Arc Divider, regardless of coefficients, is essentially nerfed by a factor of 3 thanks to the reduction in strikes.

37 minutes ago, Jzaku.9765 said:

Right, but that doesn't matter. Whether you total it up or divide it up to get each hit, the result is the same.

1 hour ago, Jzaku.9765 said:

Right. The 25,000 damage is a 16% decrease from 29,010, and I mentioned the 16% above. And nope. The 300% is aptly chosen because it is only one strike. That's how much damage you would need to buff it by to match the number you had before. Also, again, changing the coefficients does not change the structure of the equation. Here's some more math that's focused on wvw if you don't believe me. I'll assume that skill splits are there between pvp and wvw. Again, this is total damage of 5000 damage used as an example.

Old Arc Divider(1.8 coefficient) -  3 strikes  x  (5 targets  x  5000HP) = 75000

New Arc Divider(1.82 coefficient)  - 1 strike x  (5 targets  x  5000(1.1 buff))  =>  1  x  (5  x  5,500)  =  27,500

It most certainly is not a buff, sir.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, JTGuevara.9018 said:

First off, I used the math to demonstrate a basic principle: 3x is greater than x, no matter how big x is. I emphasized the number of strikes(3) over the specific skill coefficients since Arc Divider, regardless of coefficients, is essentially nerfed by a factor of 3 thanks to the reduction in strikes.

Right, but that doesn't matter. Whether you total it up or divide it up to get each hit, the result is the same.

Right. The 25,000 damage is a 16% decrease from 29,010, and I mentioned the 16% above. And nope. The 300% is aptly chosen because it is only one strike. That's how much damage you would need to buff it by to match the number you had before. Also, again, changing the coefficients does not change the structure of the equation. Here's some more math that's focused on wvw if you don't believe me. I'll assume that skill splits are there between pvp and wvw. Again, this is total damage of 5000 damage used as an example.

Old Arc Divider(1.8 coefficient) -  3 strikes  x  (5 targets  x  5000HP) = 75000

New Arc Divider(1.82 coefficient)  - 1 strike x  (5 targets  x  5000(1.1 buff))  =>  1  x  (5  x  5,500)  =  27,500

It most certainly is not a buff, sir.

Once again you seem to be under the fundamental misunderstanding of either:

1) Not understanding that Arc Divider's listed damage mod is the total of all 3 hits

or 

2) Not understanding that damage dealt is directly proportional to the damage mod of the skill

Without correcting either of these fundamental misunderstandings of how the game works, we would just be talking straight past each other. For reference, Axe 5 (Whirling Axe) has a power mod of 4.47(WvW) over 15 hits. Please apply your Math to Whirling Axe and see if it continues to make remotely any sense.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Wish I could understand the distain for warriors throughout the game's history, it just doesn't make sense. Not saying that it's the ArenaNet's feeling but there's obviously someone or a group of people that has a distinct bias and is taking it out on the warrior class in an attempt to ease their discomfort.

Suggestions don't work, if anything any good ideas will get flip and used against the class, I really don't think it'll get better.  If we do find a way around these changes 6 months from now there'll be more. Give them an inch they'll want a mile.

Just expressing my opinion on the state of warrior and a paying consumer. If what I express triggers anyone my bad, that wasn't my intention but then again if the shoe fits.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@JTGuevara.9018 i think what @Jzaku.9765 wanted to say is old Arc Divider was able to do around 50k dmg each time you use it while new one might going to be around 25k each time u use it. This is exactly the half of old Arc dividers dmg. So if you want it to deal the exact same amount of dmg (not DPS) as the old one where able to you would need a 100% buff rather than a 300% one. 

At the end if you would just buff it to old Arc Dividers dmg the overall dps would Increase like alot. (Cause it still got only the half Cast time now). But to be fair I do not know at what Numbers it needs to be to compete with old Arc Divider in at least instanced PvE.  Maybe a buff to the lvl of Decapitate would be enough (this would be 3.0 Power scaling instead of the 2.5 ones) cause Decapitate got also a pretty high Cast time (3/4 Seconds) and a Bit of a Aftercast. But we just need to see it First. I think they might Bring it at 2.5 Power scaling and might buff patch ot to the scaling it needs to be.

12 hours ago, JTGuevara.9018 said:

Math, you say?

Nice maths.

Plain damage no modifiers in PvE right now:
Average Greatsword Strength * My Power * Damage Mod / Armor
1100 * 2648 * 1.7 / 1000 = 4951 Damage per Hit -> equals to 14853 / 1.86s = 7985 D/s

After Balance:
1100 * 2648 * 2.5 / 1000 = 7282 Damage per Hit -> equals to 7282 / 0.8s = 9102 D/s

You can do the rest of the maths yourself.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Jzaku.9765 said:

Once again you seem to be under the fundamental misunderstanding of either:

1) Not understanding that Arc Divider's listed damage mod is the total of all 3 hits

or 

2) Not understanding that damage dealt is directly proportional to the damage mod of the skill

Without correcting either of these fundamental misunderstandings of how the game works, we would just be talking straight past each other. For reference, Axe 5 (Whirling Axe) has a power mod of 4.47(WvW) over 15 hits. Please apply your Math to Whirling Axe and see if it continues to make remotely any sense.

What you are missing in what JTG is saying is that those 3 strikes can each end up hitting 5 different targets, for a total of 15 potential damage procs. That is where the 3x5 is coming from. The new Arc divider will not have that benefit.

Edited by Lan Deathrider.5910
Early morning lack of coffee...
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

What you are missing in what JTG is saying is that those 3 strikes can each end up hitting 5 different targets, for a total of 15 potential damage procs. That is where the 3x15 is coming from. The new Arc divider will not have that benefit.

That is not how it works, it's still still 3x5 damage dealt, not 3x15.

12 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

That is where the 3x15 is coming from. 

I sincerely hope for you that this is a typo. 

Once again I am only correcting his factually incorrect math. I make no reference to the functionality pros/cons of 3 hits vs 1. The coefficient of the skill is extremely clearly stated in the patch notes. We know exactly how much damage it will do relative to what it is presently. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

17 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

What you are missing in what JTG is saying is that those 3 strikes can each end up hitting 5 different targets, for a total of 15 potential damage procs. That is where the 3x15 is coming from. The new Arc divider will not have that benefit.

so what you are saying is 

3 x 5 = 3 x 15

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1