Known Issues: June 9-23 World Restructuring Beta

• ArenaNet Staff

Hi all,

I want to thank you for participating in the current World Restructuring Beta event and update you on some of the known issues you’re helping us find and investigate:

• There is an issue with the Mist Gate entrances to WvW maps. Using them can significantly increase your chances of map full errors and queue bugs.
    • We highly recommend you enter WvW through the UI Panel for now to avoid those issues as much as possible.
  • Some players are experiencing an erroneous message during Weekly Reset indicating that “WvW Information is not visible”. This message is expected in the time gap between the end of one matchup and the beginning of the next. If the message persists after the match has started, you can resolve the issue by relogging or changing maps.
  • We have a fix in place for the visual bug that we talked about last week. This fix will go out with the next release.

The beta will continue through the end of next week. Thanks for your patience and please continue to report any unexpected behavior. 

• Like 16
  • Thanks 6
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, SkipperCZ.6912 said:

What about change of guilds today? I set another guild as WvW one and after reset I am still linked to one from last week. Why? on both wow panel and guild panel I have new guild visible as WvW. Is it possible to "move me" to my new guild?

As was stated before, the guild will stay the same for both weeks, only the matchup changes:

On 6/6/2023 at 7:32 PM, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

I also want to add some quick clarification for everyone on how selection works as we approach the start of beta: The guild you choose this Thursday, June 8, will define your team matchmaking for the two-week duration of the beta. You will be part of that team for both weeks, even when the matchup changes at the following reset. Leaving or changing your battle guild will not change your team during the beta. (This functions the same way that relinking does).

Edited by Joe.1839
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

Hi all,

I want to thank you for participating in the current World Restructuring Beta event and update you on some of the known issues you’re helping us find and investigate:

• There is an issue with the Mist Gate entrances to WvW maps. Using them can significantly increase your chances of map full errors and queue bugs.
    • We highly recommend you enter WvW through the UI Panel for now to avoid those issues as much as possible.
  • Some players are experiencing an erroneous message during Weekly Reset indicating that “WvW Information is not visible”. This message is expected in the time gap between the end of one matchup and the beginning of the next. If the message persists after the match has started, you can resolve the issue by relogging or changing maps.
  • We have a fix in place for the visual bug that we talked about last week. This fix will go out with the next release.

The beta will continue through the end of next week. Thanks for your patience and please continue to report any unexpected behavior. 

how about a fix for MY ENTIRE kittenING GUILD BEING PLACED ON DIFFERENT TEAMS??? jesus kittening christ.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

The ones who used the portal got in while the people who listened to you (including my commander and me) got bugged. Very disappointed, and probably won't listen to another announcement like this again.

Edited by Daoyun.3157
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Both portals and panel are bugged as per the announcement here. Not sure what everyone expected. You either used the portal and risked the queue bug or you used the panel and risked the locks.

For me the locks appeared and I was able to clear it by closing the panel and opening it again.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, inoke.3546 said:

Using the panel ended up with people with LOCKS on the different BLs for up to a few minutes after reset and ending up being stuck in queue. Those on the portals got in. GG, thanks for the advice. 😞

cannot confirm. Most of our pre-organized squad used the panel, and basically everyone got in. And a few that didn´t, were stuck in queue. So in our case, it was the other way around. 

Also, the advice was NOT intended to prevent queues, they were intended to prevent the "queue reset"-bug (the bug that places you back at the end of the queue, instead of placing you on the map). 

So, if you only got into queue, but could travel normally after the queue shortened enough, everything was just as intended. 

17 hours ago, inoke.3546 said:

Using the panel ended up with people with LOCKS on the different BLs for up to a few minutes after reset and ending up being stuck in queue. Those on the portals got in. GG, thanks for the advice. 😞

I also got locks at reset and got in just fine via the armistice bastion portal.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

WvW Panel: For our squad, it turns out the trick was to open the panel AFTER scores reset. Those who were ready early and opened the panel before the scores reset had large lock icons on the options and had to close and reopen the panel to get into a BL that way (and by then... queues). So it would have been nice with this "tip" from anet about using the wvw panel to be a bit more specific about when to open them. 

I had the WvW panel error and got stuck in a queue. The reason I opened right on the hour (just before scores reset) was because in the past if I opened the WvW panel after the scores reset often the menu wouldn't work - the options would just be greyed out. So in my attempt to bypass the bug I knew about, I ended up getting stuck in a queue because of a new unknown bug.

On a positive note:

1) On reset night our squad didn't have the large disconnects that have been happening lately - several people simultaneously disconnecting. On some nights it has been 3 or 4 times with as many as 6 people disconnected at once, which really ruins the fun when there are large queues.

2) Queues for this beta are better than in the past. Not sure if that is because anet balanced teams more effectively or if less people are WvWing right now, but it is more hopeful to see there are less than 10 in line ahead of you than 40+

• Sad 1

Please tell me I'm missing something.  So after a 3-year break my guildies finally asked me to come back to give it a go again!  I log on after crazy DL and i hopped in red BL to roam before others got on not realizing its a beta W/E.  When friends get on they all tell me im on a different team because i never chose my team before>?>??  I was like ok it has me in guild i didn't think i needed to pick anything no pop-up or anything.  Can i please switch over to join them or do i need to uninstall it once again?

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, flyro.6083 said:

I log on after crazy DL and i hopped in red BL to roam before others got on not realizing its a beta W/E.

Well, there was plenty of information beforehand, most notably: 

while already teasing the next beta (without a date) with alliances for "early to mid-summer". 
this post used to be the top-message in the launcher at the time, and is still visible without scrolling in the launcher, aka, before you even entered the game.

• Then there´s the forum-post from May 30th

• Additionally, there was also the blogpost from May 1st:

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/studio-update-spring-2023/ 

So basically, you just happened to be gone from the game while everything was announced, and just got unlucky timing for coming back right in the middle of the beta. 

There´s nothing you can do, nothing anyone could have done for you, and there´s also nobody at fault for that. 

13 minutes ago, flyro.6083 said:

I was like ok it has me in guild i didn't think i needed to pick anything no pop-up or anything.

From the very beginning of the betas, no exception, the PLAYER held responsibility for signing up for the beta. There have never been, and probably won´t ever be any exceptions if the player is at fault (no matter the reason). 

14 minutes ago, flyro.6083 said:

Can i please switch over to join them

ANet has NEVER moved accounts to a different team if the reason was a missed signup before the deadline. They EXCLUSIVELY move accounts in the case when the system itself assigned players wrong (due to a bug, or other unintentional behaviour of the system). Since you didn´t sign up (the reason is irrelevant), it´s not an unintentional behaviour of the system and thus, you can be 99,999% sure to not get moved into a different team, even if you requested it via support. 

18 hours ago, Custodio.6134 said:

Well, there was plenty of information beforehand, most notably: 

while already teasing the next beta (without a date) with alliances for "early to mid-summer". 
this post used to be the top-message in the launcher at the time, and is still visible without scrolling in the launcher, aka, before you even entered the game.

• Then there´s the forum-post from May 30th

• Additionally, there was also the blogpost from May 1st:

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/studio-update-spring-2023/ 

So basically, you just happened to be gone from the game while everything was announced, and just got unlucky timing for coming back right in the middle of the beta. 

There´s nothing you can do, nothing anyone could have done for you, and there´s also nobody at fault for that. 

From the very beginning of the betas, no exception, the PLAYER held responsibility for signing up for the beta. There have never been, and probably won´t ever be any exceptions if the player is at fault (no matter the reason). 

ANet has NEVER moved accounts to a different team if the reason was a missed signup before the deadline. They EXCLUSIVELY move accounts in the case when the system itself assigned players wrong (due to a bug, or other unintentional behaviour of the system). Since you didn´t sign up (the reason is irrelevant), it´s not an unintentional behaviour of the system and thus, you can be 99,999% sure to not get moved into a different team, even if you requested it via support. 

they forced this beta upon us. the least they can do is fix your team when you do everything right and you still get put on a different team. Or compensate those that got separated from their guild for the duration of a beta we couldn't opt out of. Im still pissed my entire guild is on different teams because they cant unkitten their kitten long enough for anything to work and their only response is oh well. Pathetic beta pathetic support.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LRDJDGMNT.2374 said:

the least they can do is fix your team when you do everything right and you still get put on a different team

IF you were assigned wrong due to a system error and NOT your own fault, ANet support usually does that. At least they did so in the past, since the very first beta.

Edited by Custodio.6134

population numbers are more even compared to linking system, but its hard to say it definitely coz many players come for 100% exp buff. in general i like it, havent seen any bugs i had in previous wvw betas, but met 2 underground cheaters this time which was annoying

• Sad 1

On 6/17/2023 at 2:27 AM, Saepio.7980 said:

This BETA is garbage - do better, or do nothing. Making WvW unplayable for many achieves nothing.

By chance do you happen to understand the concept of "beta"? Beta implicitly means "bugs are expected, please help us find them". In other words, of course there would be issues and that's the very purpose of a beta: to find and fix such bugs. Some types of issues only arise when a larger user base is using the system or when in live environment, so that's what these beta events are meant for.

It would be more helpful to tell what issues you are facing, giving info for devs to fix them, than just calling it "garbage". The very purpose of this beta is to "do better".

These type of statements just reminds me of Early Access games. It's sad to see such games getting negative reviews when the very purpose of an Early Access is for players to help finding issues, where then issues are expected to happen.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 6/16/2023 at 10:46 AM, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

Hi all,

How about the queue bug that randomly hits people? Is there any update on a fix for it? It has been happening since (at least) the first beta around...fall 2021. We will soon be hitting the 2 year mark for it for the betas. 🥹

• Haha 1

On 6/18/2023 at 3:55 PM, Custodio.6134 said:

IF you were assigned wrong due to a system error and NOT your own fault, ANet support usually does that. At least they did so in the past, since the very first beta.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA what kittening fantasy world are you living in? if they did that then my guild and my wife and i would all be on the same team but no 15 support tickets of them saying sorry go pound sand say otherwise. 

• Haha 1

Now just randomly I cannot see Team chat, and my guild I had assigned as my WvW guild has been unassigned without touching it.  I have tried fully relogging, but nothing helps.  I have also tried to re-assign the guild, but that does absolutely nothing.

• Haha 2