I dont have a flying mount for Secrets of the Obscure

They mentioned there will be an alternate method of obtaining Skyscale, and a separate Skyscale mastery that will basically duplicate original Skyscale mastery. Now, those that will get both masteries will get some upgrades, but they will be relatively minor - and you will still have an access to Skyscale that would be better than what we have now.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Astralporing.1957 said:

They mentioned there will be an alternate method of obtaining Skyscale, and a separate Skyscale mastery that will basically duplicate original Skyscale mastery. Now, those that will get both masteries will get some upgrades, but they will be relatively minor - and you will still have an access to Skyscale that would be better than what we have now.

I wonder what they mean by "Streamlined".  If it is as streamlined as the raptor was if PoF, I'll buy the content.  If its gonna take me an a boring achievement/collection hunt that requires hours and hours to obtain, forget it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 14
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, America.9437 said:

I wonder what they mean by "Streamlined".  If it is as streamlined as the raptor was if PoF, I'll buy the content.  If its gonna take me an a boring achievement/collection hunt that requires hours and hours to obtain, forget it.

Raptor wasn't "streamlined", it was given away. We'll see how they handle this, but I imagine it'll be a relatively small collection so normal and casual players can have the skyscale for this expansion.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

Just now, idpersona.3810 said:

Raptor wasn't "streamlined", it was given away. We'll see how they handle this, but I imagine it'll be a relatively small collection so normal and casual players can have the skyscale for this expansion.

It wasn't given away, it was integrated into the beginning of the story.   So if this new collection they require us to go on takes more than 1 hour to get that mount or somehow isn't integrated with the story, its gonna be a "nah dog, not doin it" for me.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 11
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, America.9437 said:

It wasn't given away, it was integrated into the beginning of the story.   So if this new collection they require us to go on takes more than 1 hour to get that mount or somehow isn't integrated with the story, its gonna be a "nah dog, not doin it" for me.

You got the raptor almost immediately and for completing 1 heart. That's as "given away" as could be.
And I suppose that's a fine decision for you to make, even if I don't understand it.
Personally, I think it depends on how long it takes to unlock. I already have the skyscale on my main account, but haven't completed the collections on my kid's account because it's too much of a time investment to be worth it. With this change, it'll be nice to be able to get it on there too.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, America.9437 said:

So if it takes 90 minutes you're out vs the dozens of hours it takes now? Wow.

I feel your view here is as bad as the people whining about how it isn't fair that it is going to be easier to get for non owners compared to what it took them.

Guess there will be entitled people on both sides no matter what.

I'll add as a skyscale owner that it is WORTH more than an hour to get. It was worth the dozens of hours it took me.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I got my Skyscale.  I shed tears, met some nice people, did the collections and patted myself on the back when I was actually able to do some of the jumping puzzles. Now, years later, I am ok with the newer people having an easier time of it than I did.   Their journey does not make mine less meaningful.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 5
  • Sad 1

im just sayin

if the streamline isnt as streamed as raptor was for PoF, im not buying

if this "welfare" version of skyscale is a g imped version of the current skyscale, im not buying

i am content to go spend my time and money elsewhere so i'd like to know now and not be baited and switched

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 15
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, America.9437 said:

if this "welfare" version of skyscale is a g imped version of the current skyscale, im not buying

i am content to go spend my time and money elsewhere so i'd like to know now and not be baited and switched

It's the very same skyscale as you may have now.  They give you extra masteries (3 of them) if you got it beforehand.

Nobody's baiting and switching you.  They NEVER said they wouldn't give the skyscale to anyone else.  They also can't design content around the skyscale if only some of us, including elitist snobs, have it.

Buy the expansion, don't buy the expansion, it's entirely up to you.  Doesn't matter to anyone else.

Edited by Cameryn.5310
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Cameryn.5310 said:

It's the very same skyscale as you may have now.  They give you extra masteries (3 of them) if you got it beforehand.

Nobody's baiting and switching you.  They NEVER said they wouldn't give the skyscale to anyone else.  They also can't design content around the skyscale if only some of us, including elitist snobs, have it.

Buy the expansion, don't buy the expansion, it's entirely up to you.  Doesn't matter to anyone else.

what im saying is this:

if those that have the skyscale now will have lets say a flying speed factor of 1.0 with the new content

and if those that Dont have the skyscale now will have lets say a flying speed factor of 0.8 with the new content unless they go back and grind the old skyscale content for the extra 0.2

well then thats a "nah dog, nope"

• Haha 2
  • Confused 13

If you're not sure you want a product that has just been announced and isn't out yet the answer is always to wait for more information. It doesn't matter why exactly that is, it's never wrong to want to make an informed decision on what you're buying.

You just need to bear in mind the expansion was only announced a few hours ago. No one has played it yet so no one can know exactly how the collection works. Anet will almost certainly give more info on specific parts of the expansion between now and the end of August and you're not missing anything by waiting until then to buy it, so for now the sensible thing to do is wait and see.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

OP, you seem to have a lot of requirements for this expansion that was announced an hour ago. Get it or don't, your choice.

I'm assuming the expansion is designed with the skyscale in mind and so the collection will be easy enough for everyone who wants it to finally get their skyscale. I don't expect it to be handed out like the raptor, and so you may be disappointed. I do expect the collection to be easy enough that every player can get it done.

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, America.9437 said:

what im saying is this:

if those that have the skyscale now will have lets say a flying speed factor of 1.0 with the new content

and if those that Dont have the skyscale now will have lets say a flying speed factor of 0.8 with the new content unless they go back and grind the old skyscale content for the extra 0.2

If you have the skyscale now (the grinded version), you get the ability to use leylines and your wall launch allows you to "charge faster and launch farther".  People who get the skyscale in the expansion only, do not.  It says so right on this page: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/a-new-chapter-begins-in-guild-wars-2-secrets-of-the-obscure/

If you don't have one, you'll still get the skyscale, you just won't have those relatively minor conveniences.  But you can always go back and do the collection process to get the upgraded one.  Win/win.

Edited by Cameryn.5310
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, idpersona.3810 said:

OP, you seem to have a lot of requirements for this expansion that was announced an hour ago. Get it or don't, your choice.

I'm assuming the expansion is designed with the skyscale in mind and so the collection will be easy enough for everyone who wants it to finally get their skyscale. I don't expect it to be handed out like the raptor, and so you may be disappointed. I do expect the collection to be easy enough that every player can get it done.

"a lot of requirements"

making the new skyscale obtainable in the intro and making it functionally on par with current skyscale is "a lot of requirements"

since when are 2 things "a lot"? 

edit: like if 2 things are "a lot" your mind is gonna be blown with the number 3

Edited by America.9437
clarify
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 6

5 minutes ago, Cameryn.5310 said:

If you have the skyscale now (the grinded version), you get the ability to use leylines and your wall launch allows you to "charge faster and launch farther".  People who get the skyscale in the expansion only, do not.  It says so right on this page: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/a-new-chapter-begins-in-guild-wars-2-secrets-of-the-obscure/

If you don't have one, you'll still get the skyscale, you just won't have those relatively minor conveniences.  But you can always go back and do the collection process to get the upgraded one.  Win/win.

3rd thing if you have both masteries: Air Rescue grants Bond of Vigor. Minor, but worthwhile.

3 minutes ago, America.9437 said:

"a lot of requirements"

making the new skyscale obtainable in the intro and making it functionally on par with current skyscale is "a lot of requirements"

since when are 2 things "a lot"? 

There's 4 separate posts stating "if not this, then I'm not buying".

In any case, it should be the same skyscale. Not a discount version. And collection will likely be easy enough. Especially compared to now. As well, there may be rental stations on the maps like in Dragonfall. We'll see. But I expect it to be fairly easy and look forward to getting the skyscale comlpeted on multiple additional accounts.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, idpersona.3810 said:

3rd thing if you have both masteries: Air Rescue grants Bond of Vigor. Minor, but worthwhile.

There's 4 separate posts stating "if not this, then I'm not buying".

In any case, it should be the same skyscale. Not a discount version. And collection will likely be easy enough. Especially compared to now. As well, there may be rental stations on the maps like in Dragonfall. We'll see. But I expect it to be fairly easy and look forward to getting the skyscale comlpeted on multiple additional accounts.

name the 4 things

there's 2 requirements:

1) its as easy to obtain as the raptor was for PoF

2) its not a discounted version of the current skyscale

so name the 4 things or admit that you are wrong or willfully obtuse or intentionally trying to gaslight.  its ok.  ive been wrong thousands of times in my life.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 6

1 minute ago, America.9437 said:

name the 4 things

there's 2 requirements:

1) its as easy to obtain as the raptor was for PoF

2) its not a discounted version of the current skyscale

so name the 4 things or admit that you are wrong or willfully obtuse or intentionally trying to gaslight.  its ok.  ive been wrong thousands of times in my life.

I didn't count points, I counted 4 separate posts and then moved on. Either way I responded. If those are you requirements, I expect you will be disappointed and/or not buy the expansion. Such is your choice. You won't (or shouldn't) get #1, you will get #2.From that, you make the decision that's right for you. 
Personally, I think I will be getting the Skyscale on at least 2 additional accounts.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, America.9437 said:

what im saying is this:

I'd suggest you go and read actual blog post where they explained what the difference between masteries would be instead of guessing.

• Like 8
  • Confused 1

51 minutes ago, America.9437 said:

i am not alone. i don't have the skyscale or griffon.  i'd love to pay money for the new content but I want to jump right into the content to have fun just like the beginning of PoF.  so if yall are gonna put up arbitrary barriers to entry id like to know as a courtesy towards a customer that on occasion feeds Anet $.

In other words, they've told you that you're going to get a skyscale mount very easily at the beginning of this expansion, on the day the expanion is announced, and your actually issue is that you haven't been told how it will happen?

My dude, you'll find out in late August when the rest of us do.  You don't have to spend a penny right now.  You can wait until it comes out and then all your questions will be answered, right there on the GW2 wiki, or here in this forum.

• Like 8
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Blackari.2051 said:

LOL, "if I have to play a game for 1 hour to get one of the best transportation devices in it I am not doing it" ... talk about entitlement ... I really wish ppl like you would really quit and stopped plaguing games, wanting to have everything handed to them on a silver plate right under their noses ..... 

This is who the game caters to now sadly.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3