Will Relics invalidate legendary runes? [Merged]

3 minutes ago, BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

Again those bonuses aren’t the function of Legendary Runes… or is that too hard to understand? As Long as Legendary Runes can select the available Superior Runes at any given time freely they kept their sole purpose… yes a no use is being moved but that’s not the function of legendary runes

The changing of that special stat is a function of the legendary runes since I cant move it without switching runes now so it must be a function of the runes that let me switch it out.

Its not like I can have runes of the scholar and a rock dog companion now.

Edited by Linken.6345
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Linken.6345 said:

What its totaly the same.

legendary armor stat 3 before change; stat 1 after change.

Legendary runes special bonus and/or stat; after change stat

Who cares if its less after the change its still the same in your world

No it’s not. Lmao Superior Runes aren’t losing their 6 bonuses they are staying at 6 bonuses, your example has Armor losing 2 stats and going to 1  stat, see how that’s not the same? I can help you understand how it’s not the same if you would like. 

• Confused 8

Just now, BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

No it’s not. Lmao Superior Runes aren’t losing their 6 bonuses they are staying at 6 bonuses, your example has Armor losing 2 stats and going to 1  stat, see how that’s not the same? I can help you understand how it’s not the same if you would like. 

And armor are not losing stat it will have stat after change

• Thanks 1

Lets try the Trooper rune one more time; "Function" aside seeing this can you at least understand why people are upset?

Current rune
+125 Toughness; remove a condition from each affected ally after using a shout skill.

Future rune
+125 Toughness

Future relic
remove a condition from each affected ally after using a shout skill.

Future rune + relic
+125 Toughness; remove a condition from each affected ally after using a shout skill.

People will have to grind to get back the EXACT build they currently have. I'm using Trooper since it's the only verified one. Yes some bonuses will be slightly different, yes relics will allow you to change the bonuses to your hearts content, but to get the EXACT build you currently use you still have to craft or do fractals and strikes to get what you already earned. Relics aren't like the jade bot, a grand new idea and item, it's just a split off the current system that works slightly different (only selects the bonus).

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, idpersona.3810 said:

You as well.

Function is arguable. Functionality is lost. The loss of functionality is the issue.

Function isn’t arguable, Legendary Runes only provide 1 function, to freely swap between all available Superior Runes in game, if there weren’t Superior Runes in Game Legendary Runes wouldn’t do anything…

• Like 1
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1

Just now, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Except access to that bonus is one of the functions of Legendary runes right now and that is changing on August 22nd. 

Access to the Superior Runes is the only function, without Superior Runes Legendary Runes wouldn’t function. It doesn’t matter what the bonuses the Superior Runes have Legendary Runes still keep their Sole function.

• Confused 5
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Bjwhite.9241 said:

Lets try the Trooper rune one more time; "Function" aside seeing this can you at least understand why people are upset?

Current rune

Future rune
+125 Toughness

Future relic
remove a condition from each affected ally after using a shout skill.

Future rune + relic

People will have to grind to get back the EXACT build they currently have. I'm using Trooper since it's the only verified one. Yes some bonuses will be slightly different, yes relics will allow you to change the bonuses to your hearts content, but to get the EXACT build you currently use you still have to craft or do fractals and strikes to get what you already earned. Relics aren't like the jade bot, a grand new idea and item, it's just a split off the current system that works slightly different (only selects the bonus).

You don’t even know if the future Rune stat will be 125 that information wasn’t provide they said they would provide a stat that completes the set, not the number that it provides, so again using the Trooper Rune example the bonuses are different and you won’t be able to make the exact build using trooper runes and trooper relic…. Until we know what the actual number of the stats they will provide us.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1

Access to the Superior Runes is the only function, without Superior Runes Legendary Runes wouldn’t function. It doesn’t matter what the bonuses the Superior Runes have Legendary Runes still keep their Sole function.

So do it matter how many stats armor have it still keep its function so you would be ok with that.

Expansion 3 well your armor and under armor will lose half of the stats for these new items called bracelets and straps.

You see how this can keep going forever right?

• Like 2

Just now, Linken.6345 said:

So do it matter how many stats armor have it still keep its function so you would be ok with that.

Expansion 3 well your armor and under armor will lose half of the stats for these new items called bracelets and straps.

You see how this can keep going forever right?

How many times have I said in my responses to you that the function of the armor in your misrepresentation of the situation wouldn’t change? And when will you understand what that means? 

and again with you trying to come up with even more misrepresentations of the situation 🤡

You’re reaching pretty hard. 

• Confused 5
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

Function isn’t arguable, Legendary Runes only provide 1 function, to freely swap between all available Superior Runes in game, if there weren’t Superior Runes in Game Legendary Runes wouldn’t do anything…

Legendary runes provide at least 2 functions (mimicking superior runes and freely swapping out without an extractor...plus being used across characters, but that is arguably the legendary armory and not the item).
Either way, the function is different than functionality, which is the far more important part. Loss of functionality (not function) is the real issue in all of this.

• Like 1

Just now, idpersona.3810 said:

Legendary runes provide at least 2 functions (mimicking superior runes and freely swapping out without an extractor...plus being used across characters, but that is arguably the legendary armory and not the item).
Either way, the function is different than functionality, which is the far more important part. Loss of functionality (not function) is the real issue in all of this.

I can concede it could be seen as two functions since you can straight up just un slot them from the armor and not just swap to another Superior Rune.

but the function and functionality are closely tied together and the same thing since you can’t use the Legendary Runes for anything else besides their function. 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Bjwhite.9241 said:

So you admit the functionality of runes are changing since ANet said they are moving the 6th bonuses functionality to relics?

Functionality of runes aren’t changing the functionality is to be slotted into armor and provide 6 tier bonuses… so after this change are Superior Runes not still being able to be slotted into armor and provide 6 tier bonuses? I’m pretty sure they are 

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

Functionality of runes aren’t changing the functionality is to be slotted into armor and provide 6 tier bonuses… so after this change are Superior Runes not still being able to be slotted into armor and provide 6 tier bonuses? I’m pretty sure they are 

"Many of the relics that are available to players regardless of expansion ownership will cover the functionality of popular sixth-tier rune bonuses." ANet's words *shrug*

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Bjwhite.9241 said:

"Many of the relics that are available to players regardless of expansion ownership will cover the functionality of popular sixth-tier rune bonuses." ANet's words *shrug*

The 6th rune bonus functionality ie the bonus functionality is moving but the functionality of superior Runes providing 6 bonuses is not going away or being moved they will still have 6 total bonuses . So please answer the questions I posed in the comment you replied to. 

the runes aren’t losing their functionality #6/6bonsusesstillexist

Edited by BlaqueFyre.5678
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

Again the core functionality is all that matters

I like how "functionality" now changed to the "CORE FUNCTIONALITY". Obviously you are making your subjective decision about what "CORE functionality" means and present it as an objective fact nobody addresses (except plenty of people did and do for the past 20 pages). 😅 And so the goalposts continue to zig and zag in a desperate attempt to avoid addressing anything you dislike. Oh well.

4 minutes ago, BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

No I addressed all the counter arguments showed why they are flawed and people kept repeating themselves either by misrepresenting the situation, trying for shock value and unrelated examples, or saying but their feelings of the function etc. and when they misconstrue the function of the items with whatever other reason such as feelings on “rounding out a build”

You didn't, I pointed some out and then... you still didn't. And what about the post where you sattempted substituting "dps build" in what you've quoted with... "dps value", but after being informed you're making another strawman, you STILL didn't address that, but simply said that "the point remains"? Convenient. But still not addressing what you've quoted. This behavior repeats throughout this thread over and over again to the point that it's not even worth listing every flip you've performed to ignore what is actually being said. Repeating "no arguments" when you simply ignore them is just weird.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Sobx.1758 said:

I like how "functionality" now changed to the "CORE FUNCTIONALITY". Obviously you are making your subjective decision about what "CORE functionality" means and present it as an objective fact noboyd addresses (except plenty of people did and do for the past 20 pages). 😅 And so the goalposts continue to zig and zag in a desperate attempt to avoid addressing anything you dislike. Oh well.

You didn't, I pointed some out and then... you still didn't.

I used the terminology the person I responded to, or did you not understand that? They used that term, so nice try at a gotcha but core functionality is the function and functionality of the runes… some reading comprehension can go a long way just saying. 
and remember with runes the function and functionality are the same thing since you can’t use Legendary Runes for any other thing than what they do.

• Confused 5
  • Sad 2

I used the terminology the person I responded to, or did you not understand that? They used that term, so nice try at a gotcha but core functionality is the function and functionality of the runes… some reading comprehension can go a long way just saying. 
and remember with runes the function and functionality are the same thing since you can’t use Legendary Runes for any other thing than what they do.

Did you miss this part of my post again: ":Obviously you are making your subjective decision about what "CORE functionality" means and present it as an objective fact noboyd addresses (except plenty of people did and do for the past 20 pages). 😅 And so the goalposts continue to zig and zag in a desperate attempt to avoid addressing anything you dislike. Oh well."  ? 
The point here is that you decide what the functionality is, no matter what ACTUAL functionality people crafted those items for was. You're not deciding why people got their items and plenty of them got those specific items for the functionality they're losing now.

Already addressed (multiple times):

57 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Are you seriously taking a stance where you try claiming "legendary runes didn't lose functionality because superior runes also did that to a lesser extent"? 🤦‍♂️

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 5
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

You aren’t losing Rune bonus Total on all Superior and Legendary Runes are going to stay at 6 Bonuses

A rune set gives you 6 stats and a set bonus. They are removing the set bonus and putting it somewhere else which counts as a loss of funcionality. This has been explained to you previously in this thread.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

Slightly off-topic, but hopefully the blog post will also discuss things non-legendary. Example what will come of the thousands in gold of runes on the TP, will you get some materials for relics from salvaging runes and unidentified gear as the decrease in value for certain runes could make the current items in unidentified less valuable (runes and Charm of Brilliance), what about recipes that use certain runes or the runes used to buy provisioner tokens will they stay in the game?

The 18th can't get here soon enough LOL

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Eloc Freidon.5692 said:

A rune set gives you 6 stats and a set bonus. They are removing the set bonus and putting it somewhere else which counts as a loss of funcionality. This has been explained to you previously in this thread.

Runes only provide 6th Bonuses not 6 bonuses and a set bonuses you claim this is clearly Shown with Runes such as Superior Rune of Exuberance which only provides Power for the 6th bonus.

Edited by BlaqueFyre.5678
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 7

15 minutes ago, Forum Moderator.3074 said:

Hi, I would like to remind you all to keep discusions civil and avoid using posts to attack fellow players or derailing into personal accusations.

Wouldn't have been necessary is this had been stopped 20 pages ago.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 3

19 minutes ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

I feel bad for the person who has to go through all of this to sum up the feedback.

I think Rubi has been following along already and can probably sum up the various points made easily enough if asked. Since they said they asked for the thread to stay open, I'm kind of assuming a mod was pretty close to closing it already (likely more than once).
The arguments for players to get nothing and like it, should be succinct enough. 
The arguments against that approach had/have more variety (I'm obviously biased in that opinion). But still, I imagine the notes are/would be short enough.

Either way, I think at this point whatever is going to happen will happen. And we'll know more in a few days.

• Like 2