6/27/2023 Patch Feedback

Overall: Certain class have an easy time maintaining powerful boons like quickness and alacrity while other classes do not. Mechanist and Harbringer should be the standard and other classes should be adjusted to their ease of use, not made harder. You shouldn't have to trigger your powerful skills constantly on cooldown in order to maintain your boons. (Celestial Avatar, Function Gyro, etc)

Ranger/Druid: pushing alacrity onto avatar abilities means you have to spam avatar instead of being able to save it when needed. Make alacrity generated constantly by something they are already doing instead, like having a pet alive.

Necro/Scourge: Lost some of its class identity with the loss of resurrection power. Alacrity upkeep requires ability spam in a bad way like Druid. Again, make it generated constantly by something they are already doing, like whenever they gain life force.

Engineer/Scrapper: Granting quickness requires ability spam still and removes being able to grant protection. Make it be generated by something they are already doing, like having a kit equipped,

Revenant/Herald: Requires ability spam just like the others.

Edited by Houligan.4759
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

Making boons as impactful as quickness and alacrity gained as passively as a ranger just having his pet alive means that playing support stops being something to be played. At that point those boons should just be made inherent by clicking a box in your hero panel...or removed. In either your suggested case or mine people who enjoy actively engaging with a support playstyle/role would be out of luck.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

6 hours ago, Houligan.4759 said:

You shouldn't have to trigger your powerful skills constantly on cooldown in order to maintain your boons.

Herald too. If you don't keep -6 up (which means, in dragon, elite +1 other) then no quickness my dear. And using weapon skill when already -6 is a very ...quick... adventure. It's quickly over.

6 hours ago, Houligan.4759 said:

Revenant/Herald: Requires ability spam just like the others.

It was skill spam before too (got quickness when releasing the boons/skills) but only the 3 utility skills without the need of the elite

Edited by Lucy.3728
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Ashen.2907 said:

Making boons as impactful as quickness and alacrity gained as passively as a ranger just having his pet alive means that playing support stops being something to be played. At that point those boons should just be made inherent by clicking a box in your hero panel...or removed. In either your suggested case or mine people who enjoy actively engaging with a support playstyle/role would be out of luck.

That was merely a starting point with 0 minutes of thinking about it. I agree that it shouldn't be easy as merely passive. There are currently two tiers of supports: Easy (Mechanist / Harbringer) and Impossible (Druid / Scourge)

At a minimum the baseline durations that are granted by Druid / Scourge need massively increased. They should grant like 3 or 4 seconds base, not .75.

I would probably change Druid to trigger on enter avatar as well as one of the skills, likely lunar impact, leaving the other avatar skills to be used when heals are actually needed and not just on cooldown to get the boon.

Scourge I think might be fine if the duration is just increased.

As I said in different topic. In my opinion, herald passively providing quick was a great change.

Herald is supposed to be this boon pulsing machine, so beeing rewarded if pulsing right, is neat.

Also, the quick being tied to energy management instead of ability spam is also great change, as energy and its management is kind of revenant thing.

Cant say about other classes, didnt try them yet. Just tossing in my two cents about rev.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Houligan.4759 said:

Mechanist and Harbringer should be the standard and other classes should be adjusted to their ease of use, not made harder.

There's been a stealth change to the Mechanist mace this patch that did make it more complex for HAM to upkeep alac. And changes to Mechanical Genius directly and negatively impact its utility as well.

Edited by Astralporing.1957
  • Confused 1