June 27 Balance Follow-Ups

Cal Cohen.2358

Sure, there are some complaints. But claiming the majority of the community are complaining is ignorant. Thing is, people who are dissatisfied with a service will be more vocal then people who are satisfied with a service. It's natural, and your claims are not accurate based on this. Show me statistics that the majority of the players in gw2 are complaining like you do. I'll wait

Edited by Freya.9075
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 5

40 minutes ago, Cuks.8241 said:

Most of the community doesn't even know what was changed in the patch and barely detected there even was a patch.

24 minutes ago, Freya.9075 said:

Sure, there are some complaints. But claiming the majority of the community are complaining is ignorant. Thing is, people who are dissatisfied with a service will be more vocal then people who are satisfied with a service. It's natural, and your claims are not accurate based on this. Show me statistics that the majority of the players in gw2 are complaining like you do. I'll wait

Most of the community don't do fractals and strikes in challenge mode so ArenaNet should stop releasing more of it. Source: GW2 Efficiency.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 8

57 minutes ago, GetFoxxed.9478 said:

Yeah, pretend the forum posts, comments under balance patch videos, mostly negative emoji reactions to patchnotes post etc dont exist lmao

Thats not important. 

It's simply about not behaving like a child. 

Talking in other people's name is something you learn not to do in school early on. 

It almost gets to the point of miss information. As OP can't proof his claims what so ever. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

Just now, Anvar.5673 said:

Most of the community don't do fractals and strikes in challenge mode so ArenaNet should stop releasing more of it. Source: GW2 Efficiency.

Gw2 efficiency is used by few players. It is not accurate when it comes to statistics. You need a better source. I’ll keep waiting 

• Like 11
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Freya.9075 said:

Gw2 efficiency is used by few players. It is not accurate when it comes to statistics. You need a better source. I’ll keep waiting 

GW2 Efficiency is used by most of veterans players, not casuals. You can estimate that the statistics are even worse for the majority of the players. But why are you complaning ? Stop complaining, be happy.

Edited by Anvar.5673
typo
  • Like 4
  • Confused 8
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Anvar.5673 said:

GW2 Efficiency is used by most of veterans players. You can estimate than the statistics are even worse from the majority of the players. But why are you complaning ? Stop complaining, be happy.

I do not use it. As many others don’t use it, so not a valid argument. If you claim majority of the players complain, you need statistics of all the players to make your claims.

What am I complaining about? I’m curious 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

9 minutes ago, Freya.9075 said:

I do not use it. As many others don’t use it, so not a valid argument. If you claim majority of the players complain, you need statistics of all the players to make your claims.

If developers want to share more precise statistics about the popularity of the game mode they can just do it but we all know they don't read the forums so for the moment the statistics from Guild Wars 2 Efficiency are the most real ones as they works with official API with the profiles of players registered on that website.

9 minutes ago, Freya.9075 said:

What am I complaining about? I’m curious 

By your position, like many other ones, you are acting like everything is ok and that they should be any opposition. Now you're just complaining about the fact that they could stop releasing more fractals and strikes CM if we follow your own statement about statistics.

Edited by Anvar.5673
typo
  • Like 1
  • Confused 7

1 hour ago, Ashen.2907 said:

I am pissed about the balance patch as well, but there are less than a hundred unique posters commenting. 

You may want to check out the different profession forums then. The posts arent in general they are in the feedback and profession forums. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3

If developers want to share more precise statistics about the popularity of the game mode they can just do it but we all know they don't read the forums so I for the moment the statistics from Guild Wars 2 Efficiency are the most real ones as they works with official API with the profiles of players registered on that website.

By your position, like many other ones, you are acting like everything is ok and that they should be any opposition. Now you're just complaining about the fact that they could stop releasing more fractals and strikes CM if we follow your own statement about statistics.

"We all know" 

For the love of Baltazar. Stop speaking in other people's name. 

THANKS. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Tiviana.2650 said:

You may want to check out the different profession forums then. The posts arent in general they are in the feedback and profession forums. 

What, in your opinion, is the likelihood that many, if not most, of those posts are from the same hundred or so repeating themselves, quoting each other, engaged in debate with each other, etc?

I know that I have multiple posts on the various aspects of the patch.

Edited by Ashen.2907
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Anvar.5673 said:

If developers want to share more precise statistics about the popularity of the game mode they can just do it but we all know they don't read the forums so for the moment the statistics from Guild Wars 2 Efficiency are the most real ones as they works with official API with the profiles of players registered on that website.

And until they release these statistics, you cannot claim the majority of the community are complaining which was my point.

Please quote me were I mentioned everything is ok and where I mentioned fractals and strikes. You’re the one bringing that up, and what I replied to was that statistics on gw2 efficiency is not a good source. Because it’s not accurate based on the whole community.

The grasping for straws were huge in that one. Thank you for the chuckle 

• Like 5
  • Confused 3

23 minutes ago, Anvar.5673 said:

GW2 Efficiency is used by most of veterans players, not casuals. You can estimate that the statistics are even worse for the majority of the players. But why are you complaning ? Stop complaining, be happy.

Where is your source that most veteran players use GW2E?

• Like 4
  • Confused 2

5 minutes ago, Ashen.2907 said:

Because most of player don't even give a kitten about using anything else than carnaval stuff (green and golds) on end-level areas and world boss. Source: ArcDPS.

7 minutes ago, Freya.9075 said:

And until they release these statistics, you cannot claim the majority of the community are complaining which was my point.

And since developers doesn't answer to anyone, I can continue to say what I want even if my opinion is not yours.

Edited by Anvar.5673
typo
  • Like 3
  • Confused 8

And since developers don't answer to anyone, I can continue to say what I want even if my opinion is not yours.

You can say whatever you want. Complain all you want. But you can not speak for others. Which is exactly what you did there and why it’s backlashing at you. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 3

3 minutes ago, Freya.9075 said:

You can say whatever you want. Complain all you want. But you can not speak for others. Which is exactly what you did there and why it’s backlashing at you. 

Backslashing about what ? Some useless emoticons reactions ? Developers don't read the forums and don't answer to their players outside a few official announcements given by the same person, just look at the dev tracker. For the moment, my statistics are the only one truth.

Edited by Anvar.5673
typo
  • Like 1
  • Confused 6

6 minutes ago, Ashen.2907 said:

You remind me of my old aunt....well i dont so not everyone! ...is her rational when I say something like most people have cell phones. You can see the account numbers on GWE, Its not a small sample by any means. Its not everyone but it is a great amount of players. Lets face it GW2 isnt wow it dont have millions of players, so we can deduce from the number of accounts listed that its a large amount of players listed

• Like 2
  • Confused 4

On 6/29/2023 at 3:35 PM, The Cashew Cab.8491 said:

You're still keeping the Shade duration at 8 seconds? Are you actually serious right now?

Do you have any idea just how BAD Scourge feels to play with this change? It's absolutely miserable. It's gone from being my main to absolute torture to play to the point I can't even bear to touch it anymore.

You can't fix the bad play feel of the spec just by bringing the numbers up a bit, the Shade duration is a core facet of the spec and you've completely killed it.

The 8 second Shade duration makes Scourge feel WAY too spammy and annoying. Please, I am BEGGING you to consider how these decisions affect the playability of certain specs. Please get someone who ACTUALLY plays Scourge on your balance team.

Just. Tie. Alacrity. To Sand Savant. Limit Alacrity pulses to the Shade and the Shade ONLY.

Don't tie Alacrity generation to Barrier, just make it to where every pulse of a Shade skill generates Alacrity when traited into Sand Savant. Keep Shade duration at 20 seconds.

It is literally that easy. Please.

Amen the spammy shades killed it cant even pylon kite because the entire time i spamming shades, and cant keep up. Sand savant is a better choice for alac , and this 8 second cast 2 shades get one attack in and have to cast shades again has to go! 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Tiviana.2650 said:

You remind me of my old aunt....well i dont so not everyone! ...is her rational when I say something like most people have cell phones. You can see the account numbers on GWE, Its not a small sample by any means. Its not everyone but it is a great amount of players. Lets face it GW2 isnt wow it dont have millions of players, so we can deduce from the number of accounts listed that its a large amount of players listed

Fun fact. 

Being correct doesn't mean anything when you cant present your point in a correct and factual manner. 

You are most likely correct. You simply can not prove so. So you point is invalid. 

And saying you can't prove it, because the real numbers can't be seen, makes thing not much better. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 3

15 minutes ago, Anvar.5673 said:

Backslashing about what ? Some useless emoticons reactions ? Developers don't read the forums and don't answer to their players outside a few official announcements given by the same person, just look at the dev tracker.

Dev tracker does not show what they read or don’t read. I would say they actually do read what we discuss here based on the new expansion. They are adding several things people here have suggested and wanted in the game. They don’t pluck out these things from thin air. When things are suggested, they will make a decision if it’s doable and a good thing to add to the game. Many of these suggestions are terrible. That doesn’t mean we should stop suggesting, but it’s not upto us what they do about these suggestions.

And devs certainly do not read everything here. They shouldn’t. They are busy working. And I prefer they use their time working on development then reading these forums and the “quality content” these forums provides. They should leave forum reading to people on the team (Rubi) who will let the team know important things. 

Edited by Freya.9075
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Freya.9075 said:

And devs certainly do not read everything here. They shouldn’t. They are busy working. And I prefer they use their time working on development then reading these forums and the “quality content” these forums provides. They should leave forum reading to people on the team (Rubi) who will let the team know important things. 

Yeah, sure. I suggest you to bring an ArenaNet's Community Manager here to confirm what you are saying. Oh, I forgot, there isn't community managers anymore and Rubi is more a Senior Content Marketing Strategist than a relay for the suggestions of the players. Besides that, anyone here can say to me when happened the last Guild Chat ?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 7