New Xpac Skyscale

51 minutes ago, Blue D Phoenix.7260 said:

Idk the difference between these words, but enjoyed it and took it slow. I felt the griffin to be more difficult because I had to obtain 250g, which was annoying since I had to repeat a lot of same content.

I see.

Difficult, generally, means that there is an obstacle to success that requires some degree of skill or competency to overcome. Tedious usually means that there is no such obstacle to success but rather requiring time, repetition, or the like. Solving advanced calculus equations might be difficult while counting to a billion might be tedious.

• Confused 2

Stop gatekeeping.  You have skyscale for how many years? Older content is getting left behind and completing collections are getting harder for new players. Its good, that we are getting alternatives. Im surprised you are not complaining about open world legendary armor that we are getting. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 5

2 minutes ago, KrivukasLT.3507 said:

Stop gatekeeping.  You have skyscale for how many years? Older content is getting left behind and completing collections are getting harder for new players. Its good, that we are getting alternatives. Im surprised you are not complaining about open world legendary armor that we are getting. 

That ship has sailed now.

It did however show us that just whine enough to get what ever legendary in your mode you want works, so why not do that instead.

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

When you have the skyscale through the old way, you get bonus by doing both PoF and SotO skyscale mastery tracks.

The way they worded it, I asume that for players that get the skyscale on the new Expansion, will not unlock the Path of Fire Mastery track, unless they also do those achievements. I don't think they can easely unlock that mastery track in a different way.

We already see that same now.

- Gliding: you can unlock basic gliding by just entering any EoD map - You need to do HoT story to unlock and do Gliding Mastery Track
- Springer, you can get a springer with zero effort by talking to the Grub Lane Heart NPC in New Kaineng. You don't even have to do the heart... however to unlock the mastery track, you DO need to complete the Heart at Springer Ranch and you have to do that after mastering Raptor to tier 3. 

I asume that for the PoF Skyscale track it would be the same. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

15 hours ago, Dante.1508 said:

As somebody who to this day hated doing that Skyscale obnoxious grind [...]

I don't know why players keep saying that. It wasn't an "obnoxious grind", it was a fun collection that was sending you back to places all across Tyria.

I'm getting the impression that people these days don't want to be doing anything in their MMO. What's the point in playing then? Go play a walking simulator instead. :classic_rolleyes:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 3

15 minutes ago, Tuna Bandit.3786 said:

When you have the skyscale through the old way, you get bonus by doing both PoF and SotO skyscale mastery tracks.

The way they worded it, I asume that for players that get the skyscale on the new Expansion, will not unlock the Path of Fire Mastery track, unless they also do those achievements. I don't think they can easely unlock that mastery track in a different way.

We already see that same now.

- Gliding: you can unlock basic gliding by just entering any EoD map - You need to do HoT story to unlock and do Gliding Mastery Track
- Springer, you can get a springer with zero effort by talking to the Grub Lane Heart NPC in New Kaineng. You don't even have to do the heart... however to unlock the mastery track, you DO need to complete the Heart at Springer Ranch and you have to do that after mastering Raptor to tier 3. 

I asume that for the PoF Skyscale track it would be the same. 

EoD was already breaking down "horizontal progression" and (also IBS to an extent with mount stealth).

Frankly I wasn't here for it. Not because raptor and gliding aren't reasonable QoL features that should be in every expansion, but because it demonstrated a lack of design capability by the devs to put out another purely modular expansion experience. We could have had, I don't know, a motorcycle and a jetpack instead with different utility--they did it with skiff versus skimmer. But instead they just decided the appeal of self-contained expansion worlds/features and the actual effort of developing a full expac to the standards of HoT/PoF was too much for them.

Ultimately, one thing is fairly objective. The attitude of building out the game that HoT/PoF really took to heart is substantially hampered in IBS/EoD/SotO design. The design fundamentally shifted, and while you can make reasonable excuses that the game could only add so much, I still see plenty of ways it could have improved and continued the model. And either way, it's not the same game it used to be.

• Confused 4

5 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

I don't know why players keep saying that. It wasn't an "obnoxious grind", it was a fun collection that was sending you back to places all across Tyria.

I'm getting the impression that people these days don't want to be doing anything in their MMO. What's the point in playing then? Go play a walking simulator instead. :classic_rolleyes:

Exploring tyria following stories and claiming loot is fun.. Grinding for the Skyscale behind time gates and ridiculous fetch quests was not.. Luckily i waited years for my skyscale as then i had all the stupid resources and gold already available..

• Like 1
  • Confused 5

17 hours ago, Blue D Phoenix.7260 said:

Working for achieving something is now toxic? The best part of the sky scale is how it was the only difficult mount to achieve and you watch it growing up, you watch it for 3 days irl, which was enough to feel it being more than a mount.

Instant gratification is the worst.

Depends on the grind and the achievements..

• Confused 2

56 minutes ago, Dante.1508 said:

Exploring tyria following stories and claiming loot is fun.. Grinding for the Skyscale behind time gates and ridiculous fetch quests was not.. Luckily i waited years for my skyscale as then i had all the stupid resources and gold already available..

Some stages were a little forced, but you have no heart if you didn't enjoy feeding and playing with a baby skyscale.

That's not intended as an insult, just a fact we all need to live with. 🙃

Edited by Batalix.2873
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Fun is subjective. I am sure that there are things he enjoys that you do not.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

10 hours ago, Batalix.2873 said:

Some stages were a little forced, but you have no heart if you didn't enjoy feeding and playing with a baby skyscale.

You do realize its not real right 😅

• Confused 4

10 hours ago, Batalix.2873 said:

Feeding and playing with something that should be made into a pair of boots seems counterproductive.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

I see so many players with a Skyscale. That fact alone diminishes the achievement. It would be different if only a couple hundred players had one, but hundreds of thousands of players have the Skyscale. It doesn't stand out that you accomplished something A LOT of players have accomplished. 

But you did accomplish gaining the Skyscale and now you get to fly it, which is all it was ever going to be worth so, in what way is your effort worthless? I can guarantee you not a single player ever looked upon you and said "wow, he has a Skyscale. He is an elite player".

I just dont understand why other players can't enjoy something you have just because it's now easier to get. Just sounds silly and toxic.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Dante.1508 said:

You do realize its not real right 😅

My endgame is getting those little hearts to pop out of the animals.

1 hour ago, Ashen.2907 said:

Feeding and playing with something that should be made into a pair of boots seems counterproductive.

How dare you

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

Honestly, I never seen the skyscale grind as obnoxious.

The painpoints for me where at release, We only learned what we needed the day we needed it. So we did not save up mats.

The 2 hour wait was back then "Wait till daily reset" which at one time for me was infuriating when I finished a collection litterly 7 minutes after reset.

Those issue are gone... materials are also now MUCH easier to get. When I did it again for a new EU account, it was actually enjoyable. 

Yes... I did it multiple times, 4 times to be exact and not salty about the new easier way to get it.

I will benefit from both Mastery Tracks due to having it already. Simple.

If it was "buy Xpac and boom there it is" and auto unlock both Mastery Tracks, it would be different.

Right now, we do not even know the aquisition method yet. But judging they clearly stated that those that got it already can benefit from bonusses on 2 mastery tracks, makes me believe that for players that get the skyscale in the new expac, still have to do (most of) the old collection to also get that 2 track benefit.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

28 minutes ago, Tuna Bandit.3786 said:

Honestly, I never seen the skyscale grind as obnoxious.

The painpoints for me where at release, We only learned what we needed the day we needed it. So we did not save up mats.

The 2 hour wait was back then "Wait till daily reset" which at one time for me was infuriating when I finished a collection litterly 7 minutes after reset.

Those issue are gone... materials are also now MUCH easier to get. When I did it again for a new EU account, it was actually enjoyable. 

Yes... I did it multiple times, 4 times to be exact and not salty about the new easier way to get it.

I will benefit from both Mastery Tracks due to having it already. Simple.

If it was "buy Xpac and boom there it is" and auto unlock both Mastery Tracks, it would be different.

Right now, we do not even know the aquisition method yet. But judging they clearly stated that those that got it already can benefit from bonusses on 2 mastery tracks, makes me believe that for players that get the skyscale in the new expac, still have to do (most of) the old collection to also get that 2 track benefit.

Why would they have to do the old collection their skyscale is unlocked so all they need is pof mastery points and exp to train said mastery.

1 hour ago, Witch Engine.2305 said:

Don't they need it to unlock the bonus perks the old way, or do they get those for free too?

Yes they need to train the old mastery by owning path of fire gain exp and spend mastery points.

The old collections was to unlock the skyscale something they already done so dont need to do again.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

50 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

Yes they need to train the old mastery by owning path of fire gain exp and spend mastery points.

The old collections was to unlock the skyscale something they already done so dont need to do again.

Dang, they really are giving the skyscale out to new players on a silver platter. You'd think they give veterans a skin or a title to at least commemorate a bygone era.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Witch Engine.2305 said:

Dang, they really are giving the skyscale out to new players on a silver platter. You'd think they give veterans a skin or a title to at least commemorate a bygone era.

No it dont look like it, the skin is for the new collection.

• Confused 1

On 7/1/2023 at 3:15 PM, KrivukasLT.3507 said:

If that's the cast then I also want a free griffon. Make it a bundle.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

15 minutes ago, Witch Engine.2305 said:

If that's the cast then I also want a free griffon. Make it a bundle.

Just give me everything in the game. All weapons on all classes. All masteries completed. All skins unlocked. Full legendary armory.

Thanks Anet, love you mean it.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1