Has anyone found a new weapon configuration they like in the current beta?

blp.3489

Still testing, a lot no. The one that changes the gameplay so far is the Virt using Axe/Shield changes the gameplay the most. But still  a lot of combos to try. So far, leaning towards we should probably focus a new class or Elites based on testing.Value in the expansion, is dropping based on testing.

• Confused 2

It's not really worth speculating because the biggest change to happen was not part of this test: splitting the runes impact between stats increase and 6th rune effect.
When you'll be able to have mixes between stats from the runes and the effects from the relics on top of new weapon mixes you'll be able to see a real change.

It was fun, but no, most combos were subpar to new elites. I would say we need new elites or a whole new set of classes, one for each weight class. Mind you I say that as an alt-a-holic with 32 toons and 14K hours of playtime. Will I get the expansion, 14k in playtime so a bit invested, so yes. Will I be happy without new Elites, no. Without new changes to WvW, one of the changes that keeps the sandbox fresh is build options, which is not the same as build wipes/nerfs. So when we get mass nerfs, no new maps and no new mechanics, no rewards, no reason to win, no reason to adjust tactics, that creates stale game play. So boredom sets in. WvW need more reasons to players to say I need to be there versus over here in a meta event or in a fractural. If you want the most active WvW across the board, you want people ready to jump and fight to take and hold what they have while they disregard something that seems to be better bang for their buck. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

Without new changes to WvW, one of the changes that keeps the sandbox fresh is build options, which is not the same as build wipes/nerfs. So when we get mass nerfs, no new maps and no new mechanics, no rewards, no reason to win, no reason to adjust tactics, that creates stale game play. So boredom sets in.

Wait! Waaaat? Playing a cornerstone of the game is not enough for you?
🤔

• Haha 1

Axe on any guardian build was okish but felt like i lacked the FB axe traits lol

Shortbow on herald gs is nice as well (for a shortbow renegade hater i felt very confortable with it on Herald in wvw full zerker stats )

GS on herald felt cool but just that.

Edited by Aeolus.3615