Rework armor on other races

Most armors(seems like all) in this game only looks good on human. On other races always looks weird with improper scaling. Weapons also have this problem. Nord female leg armor looks like a cone(idk how to describe 🥴) 

*Dont let me march for justice at lion arch

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

I agree. There are often miles away from my shoulder and the armor piece on the shoulder. Also most armor dont look good on charr. And its confusing me that female human are half naked but female charr are not allowed to show their fur.

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, moony.5780 said:

I agree. There are often miles away from my shoulder and the armor piece on the shoulder. Also most armor dont look good on charr. And its confusing me that female human are half naked but female charr are not allowed to show their fur.

True indeed. My female nord shoulder armor looks like a luggage strap on it. Big big shoulder

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 7/2/2023 at 3:19 AM, moony.5780 said:

And its confusing me that female human are half naked but female charr are not allowed to show their fur.

Oh, that one's easy. The new outsourcing artists didn't get the memo that female charr have nothing to hide on their chest.

Floating pauldrons and shoulder armor is trickier to pinpoint, though. Prolly just lazy modelling. Some small pieces get really close to the model, so l dunno why big pieces need to float around.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 7/2/2023 at 9:03 AM, Xhang.7352 said:

Most armors(seems like all) in this game only looks good on human. On other races always looks weird with improper scaling. Weapons also have this problem. Nord female leg armor looks like a cone(idk how to describe 🥴) 

*Dont let me march for justice at lion arch

A lot of shoulders on female Sylvari are so narrow that they clip through the shoulder of the model 😞 This is especially noticeable with Magitech armor since the shoulders clip on the female Sylvari model and look fine on Scarlet Briar.

• Like 1

• Charr armor looks awful.  If the armor fit better, more people would probably play Charr.
  • Asura armor looks terrible.  It just doesn't look right, doesnt fit.

Both Charr/Asura(to a lesser degree) females get the short end of the stick. EG: outfits that have male and female variants are not the case for Charr/Asura. they just get the male variant. Why?  Charr and Asura females would LOVE to wear a feminine outfit.  There are a couple of outfits that 'allow' Charr and Asura to wear feminine outfits, but why not all?  This has stopped me from buying outfits.

The older armors also need a rework as they are chunky and blurred... Time for a rework ArenaNet!

Edited by Lanfear De Noir.9127
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

23 hours ago, Batel.9206 said:

Male sylvari and almost every coat or long robe billowing out at the hips...

And behind. I think I haven't done my ranting about the "everfarts" in this thread yet. Even the Savage loincloth has it, luckily it's only little.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Human models seem easier, so that's probably why. Luckily for myself I prefer making human characters, but yeah one of the reasons why I avoid other races, especially Asura/Charr is because I know I won't find a good looking armor combo, everything's clunky, at least more so than humans. 

Sounds like a lot of work to do purely for aesthetic so I don't see it happening... 

2 hours ago, jason.1083 said:

Human models seem easier, so that's probably why. Luckily for myself I prefer making human characters, but yeah one of the reasons why I avoid other races, especially Asura/Charr is because I know I won't find a good looking armor combo, everything's clunky, at least more so than humans. 

Sounds like a lot of work to do purely for aesthetic so I don't see it happening... 

No they have said they make armors for humans first then strech them onto the other models.

Thats why it look good on humans.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

No they have said they make armors for humans first then strech them onto the other models.

Thats why it look good on humans.

Strangely, a fair number of armors/outfits look better on Sylvari, but that's probably unintended. I particularly hate this stretching when it comes to Norn because the stretching can be quite obvious with the lack of detail showing. It's essentially enlarging pixels over more space.

• Like 3

Weapon scaling's also off for the larger races, and most noticeable on Norn women.

A sword that would look normal when sheathed will clip through the floor on a Norn woman, unless it a particularly short sword.

Daggers also look like swords, and greatswords are just ridiculous.

• Like 3