It's only bad when ele does it

solemn.9670

Hello my name is Gregory from the HR department of the Association of Blood Magic Celestial Harbinger Mains (ABMCH).

We have received a few complaints lately about elementalist who have over 7000 hours on elementalist that, shockingly, are good at it. This is simply unacceptable.

I do not want to live in a world where skill is valued. We should nerf elementalist to the ground. They were awful for like 5 years outside of a few niche builds - let's go back to that. High effort, low reward; that's elementalist's true, and most deserved form.

Being skilled and good at the game is actually very un-inclusive to the Bad At Game community (BAG). If I can't kill the elementalist with my pewpew Perma stealth deadeye, or my unkillable cele defender rune virtuoso, or my 15k grenade damage engineer which takes a lot of skill to press one button, or my celestial harbinger where I press 1111111 and somehow kill everything while being nearly invincible, or my celestial willbender where I roll my face on the keyboard to get kills and it somehow works every time, or my herald where I press impossible odds + sword 3 and become invulnerable while dealing upwards of 10k damage for no good reason...........THEN WE NEED TO NERF ELE BECAUSE ITS ONLY OKAY WHEN OTHER CLASSES DO IT.

Every other class can be oppressive as hell.

WHEN ELE DOES IT? Wrong! Nerf !!!!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8
  • Confused 20

after your 7k hours the amount of buttons you need to press for your chosen profession doesn't really matter, what then matters is only what the profession is capable off.

any profession that seems oppressive to many and is represented in high enough numbers will get demands to be tuned down. it is not only ele and repeatedly claiming so will only show your clear bias on the matter and needlessly heat up the debate.

overall i see the increase in TTK over the last years coupled with the warclaw as a bigger issue than any specific build. one is now more likely to get outnumbered to the point were one has to retreat, then the builds don't really matter.

• Like 9
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, solemn.9670 said:

Getting killed by a cheese build is okayish, since you know its the build. But when Ele does it (without a cheese build), then its clearly witchcraft. I say, we burn that witch now, before it takes possession of us! BURN WITCH BURN! BURN! BURN! BURN!

12 hours ago, solemn.9670 said:

Bad At Game community (BAG)

greetings to all my buddies! 🫠

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

15 hours ago, solemn.9670 said:

Hello my name is Gregory from the HR department of the Association of Blood Magic Celestial Harbinger Mains (ABMCH).

We have received a few complaints lately about elementalist who have over 7000 hours on elementalist that, shockingly, are good at it. This is simply unacceptable.

I do not want to live in a world where skill is valued. We should nerf elementalist to the ground. They were awful for like 5 years outside of a few niche builds - let's go back to that. High effort, low reward; that's elementalist's true, and most deserved form.

Being skilled and good at the game is actually very un-inclusive to the Bad At Game community (BAG). If I can't kill the elementalist with my pewpew Perma stealth deadeye, or my unkillable cele defender rune virtuoso, or my 15k grenade damage engineer which takes a lot of skill to press one button, or my celestial harbinger where I press 1111111 and somehow kill everything while being nearly invincible, or my celestial willbender where I roll my face on the keyboard to get kills and it somehow works every time, or my herald where I press impossible odds + sword 3 and become invulnerable while dealing upwards of 10k damage for no good reason...........THEN WE NEED TO NERF ELE BECAUSE ITS ONLY OKAY WHEN OTHER CLASSES DO IT.

Am i missing something? Sure cata is op on cele but roaming isnt a balanced (balance in gw2 lol) gamemode in the first place and there are maaany kitten builds in wvw roaming. Literally any cele build, perma stealth thief, trapper rune builds and so on. My guess is the "ele is op" meme and dont get me wrong its super strong especially on cele comes from pvp where balance right now is mess cause of the recent patch. Thats where ele or cata to be more specific is a real problem. So is cata a problem in wvw? Not more than any other kitten build. Is cata a problem in pvp? Yes, undoubtly.

Just my 2 cents.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

9 hours ago, lotus.5672 said:

yeah dude power rev is ruining wvw everywhere 🤡

not any less than power cata 🤡 /r/whoosh/

13 hours ago, Junkpile.7439 said:

7k hours and still need to abuse elite specs.

nah core marauder ele and they still complain cuz bad at game and have to abuse ^ power rev builds for easy-mode, lotus is just coping

• Like 1

Lol

Play a different main than ele then post so you can be neutral.

I made an ele. Looked at guildjen. Went into wvw  I didn't know half of the skills so was Literally mashing buttons and I kept winning.  All I needed to know was a basic rotation. 

I am good at what I do,  but just mashing buttons?  Rolf.  After a bit on ele my first sentence was....

"Well, This is overpowered ". Then i stopped playing it for that very reason.

Tell you what. You take all my single target abilities where I actually have to target people, and I will take all you aoe abilities where you don't have to target anyone to be effective and see how fun it is then. 

Ele's may take a moment to get used to but then they are low skill rince repeat classes. 

And....

Like I said. My first time out I was mashing buttons and was winning just because I knew a basic rotation. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

On 7/8/2023 at 11:10 PM, solemn.9670 said:

I agree with most of ur saying. But ele is a bit broken in certain aspect's. Like for example, the teleport, mistform, earth shield, earth 5 combo bonanza. I am aware that u cannot use skills during this time. But it gives a LOT of time to get CD's back up and rdy. And there are unfortunately to many portal huggers/spawn huggers, who abuse these skills to much. It's just getting tiring dealing with these clowns. It's a shame that ppl who enjoy playing ele, have to suffer, do these pleb players. But i honestly think ele's have to many ways to be immune to EVERYTHING. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

7 hours ago, Jitters.9401 said:

Lol

Play a different main than ele then post so you can be neutral.

I made an ele. Looked at guildjen. Went into wvw  I didn't know half of the skills so was Literally mashing buttons and I kept winning.  All I needed to know was a basic rotation. 

I am good at what I do,  but just mashing buttons?  Rolf.  After a bit on ele my first sentence was....

"Well, This is overpowered ". Then i stopped playing it for that very reason.

Tell you what. You take all my single target abilities where I actually have to target people, and I will take all you aoe abilities where you don't have to target anyone to be effective and see how fun it is then. 

Ele's may take a moment to get used to but then they are low skill rince repeat classes. 

And....

Like I said. My first time out I was mashing buttons and was winning just because I knew a basic rotation. 

"I killed noobs who didn't know what they were doing therefore ele is easy"

Hey that's funny cuz I can do that too on every single class, I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that 90% of WvW players can barely manage to play a condi harbinger 11111 build

• Like 3
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Thomas.2564 said:

I agree with most of ur saying. But ele is a bit broken in certain aspect's. Like for example, the teleport, mistform, earth shield, earth 5 combo bonanza. I am aware that u cannot use skills during this time. But it gives a LOT of time to get CD's back up and rdy. And there are unfortunately to many portal huggers/spawn huggers, who abuse these skills to much. It's just getting tiring dealing with these clowns. It's a shame that ppl who enjoy playing ele, have to suffer, do these pleb players. But i honestly think ele's have to many ways to be immune to EVERYTHING. 

This is a good point as far as cele/tanky eles. Annoying AF. But I dont agree that off-meta marauder/dragon/zerk (ok maybe like 20% cele bc I'm not suicidal) are 'abusing' these mechanics when it's nearly unplayable without them. Yea ele definitely has more gimmicks than most classes but whenever I fight one it's not hard to just know "oh he's using earth shield rotation. I can just stand here and self-heal for a few seconds. Whoop Dee Doo, now I kill the ele" 😅

A lot of ppl just mindlessly spam attacks while ele is invulnerable. Just goes to show that for most people this is a skill issue not a "omgfz ele has so much" issue, they'd do the exact same to a guardian spamming blocks, a warrior spamming endure pain, etc...

Edited by solemn.9670
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

4 hours ago, XECOR.2814 said:

Typical solemn necro hating thread while he does nothing to kite or counterplay obvious mechanics.

Its funny how people can get stuck in the losing mentality for years and not find the solutions.

? I kill most necros. Are you confusing me with someone else? Losing mentality? I'm winning most of the time 😅 I honestly think you're confusing me with a different solemn, or maybe you just like talking out of your butt.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 6

15 hours ago, solemn.9670 said:

I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that 90% of WvW players can barely manage to play a condi harbinger 11111 build

That is absolutely "Not" how you play the harbinger.

Last week I looked at a guild mates build for harbinger, made a couple changes and played it in wvw. 

I played super aggressive and wow is it amazing... in both solo and blob fights. 

Took me very little time to understand the mechanics and timings of when I need to do certain skills, and I was obliterating my enemies. It is a very easy to learn class.

A 11111 playstyle is far too passive making a harbinger easy as pie to take out.... something any skilled player would know.