Toxic gatekeeping at Xera boss in raid without mastery

Just now, Sobx.1758 said:

They never called you a fool, go re-read the post.

that one person did

Farohna.6247 said:

OP has already made up their mind that they are exclusive and don't want to put forth the effort to be able to properly play a part of the game.  Apparently it's supposed to be like a phone game and eventually just takes pity on you to let you win and progress.  You can educate a fool, but you can't make them think. 

OP maybe apologize for wasting other raiders time for not showing up with the minimum requirements.  And then admit it's you, not them or Anet.  

• Haha 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Ashen.2907 said:

Claiming that someone called you a fool when they have said nothing of the sort is toxic. Reread my posts. At no point did I call you a fool. Did you misread my reference to needing a tool (with a T not an F) as calling you a fool?

Sorry, i meant that other person calling me fool but i feel like you act like i am dumb 😞 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

26 minutes ago, The Ace.9105 said:

that one person did

Farohna.6247 said:

OP has already made up their mind that they are exclusive and don't want to put forth the effort to be able to properly play a part of the game.  Apparently it's supposed to be like a phone game and eventually just takes pity on you to let you win and progress.  You can educate a fool, but you can't make them think. 

OP maybe apologize for wasting other raiders time for not showing up with the minimum requirements.  And then admit it's you, not them or Anet.  

You came asking for wisdom and advice and to see if anyone else agreed.  You do not like what you have been told, you do not want the advice given, you are unwilling to listen.  Therefore, unwise and foolish.  You came for someone to validate your stance on being kicked, and instead you have found largely people suggesting you may want to get the mastery and put in the same work as everyone else.  And that is not gatekeeping.

Edited by Farohna.6247
spelling
  • Thanks 4

1 minute ago, Farohna.6247 said:

You came asking for wisdom and advice and see if anyone else agreed.  You do not like what you have been told, you do not the advice given, you are unwilling to listen.  Therefore, unwise and foolish.  You came for someone to validate your stwnce on being kicked, and instead you have found largely people suggesting you may want to get the mastery and put in the same work as everyone else.  And that is not gatekeeping.

I was told to communicate to the forums so that devs can get feedback. I didn't really do what you are saying but it doesn't give you the right to call me a fool regardless.

• Confused 8
  • Sad 1

Raids ARE for everyone, just like doing the masteries is for everyone. Claiming it is gatekeeping therefor is illogical. Go do what's recquired to be able to fight Xera and stop trolling.
Also raids are end game content for people that actually understand the game on a deeper level or at least care enough to look up strategies and builds. If you dont want to do that then dont even try, because you wont come very far and neither will the squad playing alongside you.
Its quite pesky explaining such basic things to someone who obviously doesnt want to give in to reason, but i did you the favor.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, The Ace.9105 said:

I didn't get to participate before i was kicked out

If you get Intervention and don‘t know what to do it‘s a team wipe. If you don‘t know how to leyline glide your team will have to continue without you from the beginning. Please get some knowledge about a boss‘ mechanics before entering, your team mates will surely appreciate that.

Would you take someone on a deep dive who doesn‘t know how to swim, just because he was able to get onboard the boat and has been taken to the dive spot by you?

„Oh, I did not know“ is ok. Being upset is ok too, but of yourself because you had no clue before entering and could have got that information easily. Please get your mastery and try again.

And please get some knowledge of Xera‘s mechanics before you do. Or join a training group who will tell you. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Clyan.1593 said:

Raids ARE for everyone, just like doing the masteries is for everyone. Claiming it is gatekeeping therefor is illogical. Go do what's recquired to be able to fight Xera and stop trolling.
Also raids are end game content for people that actually understand the game on a deeper level or at least care enough to look up strategies and builds. If you dont want to do that then dont even try, because you wont come very far and neither will the squad playing alongside you.
Its quite pesky explaining such basic things to someone who obviously doesnt want to give in to reason, but i did you the favor.

I did well up until the final boss that got me kicked for not having the mastery and i was trying my hardest

• Confused 6
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, kharmin.7683 said:

Maybe you should just stop responding if you feel that you're being attacked.  Again, you made your point.  Continuing to repeat the same point over and over and over is not productive.

By that logic people shouldn't respond to my post to begin with

• Confused 6
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, The Ace.9105 said:

Looking at post reactions, the forums seem to be quite toxic place to give feedback to... 😞 

It depends how the feedback is articulated. But yeah, there are many who just spam the confused reaction. You shouldn’t worry about that too much. 

Edited by vares.8457
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, The Ace.9105 said:

Looking at post reactions, the forums seem to be quite toxic place to give feedback to... 😞 

You started a thread named „Toxic gatekeeping…“ with words like discrimination in your first post. 

Yes, toxic…

A smile is like a boomerang, it returns. 

Just smile.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, ugrakarma.9416 said:

Raids come with HoT xpac, if they don't put Glider requirment, probably they will just straight block to only those have the expansion.

Also remind that mounts didnt existed at time.

And , maybe, you will need a mount in the PoF raid wings. Who knows? ;-)

• Haha 3

30 minutes ago, The Ace.9105 said:

I did well up until the final boss that got me kicked for not having the mastery and i was trying my hardest

If you did not know you will need leyline mastery for Xera, it means you did not check boss fight mechanics beforehand. If you did not do it for Xera, you probably did not do it for earlier bosses as well. In which case you did not "do well" until the final boss - you got carried until the final boss. Up to the point where letting you get carried became a much bigger issue (because you'd have just died at the beginning of the fight, and they'd have to do the fight with 9 players).

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

Firstly, when posting on the forums please consider that this is a platform where players have discussions so you are likely to face different opinions. Devs may or may not see your post, but other players will mostly likely respond (whether this be with honest advise and explanations or classic troller.)

A lot of people have tried to help you but you keep parroting the same words and refuse to understand the concept that you did not meet the requirements of the raid and what you can do in order to meet said requirements. These raids were designed after HOT with the premise that everyone would have the required masteries. Fair enough that you may not have known that the mastery is required but rather than trying to be proactive and get to the requirement level you decide that anet need to change something that has been in the game for years and a mechanic that is one of the reasons the encounter works/is fun. Regardless of how frustrated you are does not mean that said content then needs to be changed to suit your needs or preference. All the Hot Raid wings require hot masteries to the point you can't get past some of the first bosses without them e.g. mushrooms, basic gliding, updraft gliding etc. As many pointed out you can do the first part of that wing because mesmer with that mastery and portal can help bypass that mechanic, you can't do that with the final boss 🙂

Edited by Dibit.6259
Typo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3