No variation on how chrono plays.

zealex.9410

The new changes made it so theres virtually no different in weapons, utils and playstyle between dps chrono alac chrono and quick chrono. Sure maybe the gameplay now doesnt require mandatory utility or weapon choices but its so much more boring now that all the builds play the exact same.

Not to mention bd requirements are out of whack meaning not even the gear changes between all 3 options. Honestly for boon chrono you might need to go back to the drawing board because this feels uninspired.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Core Mesmer rework/reimagined.   And go from there into each spec with new reworks.   Honestly the dev team has a hard time balancing anything Mesmer.   Maybe it’s time they put full attention into the class with a new vision in mind that they can work with instead of constantly fighting with.   Even going back to original GW Mesmer to draw inspiration from and make it current with todays GW2.   If they don’t want to invested the time because the class seems to be a chore for them(because they won’t), actually do something that they themselves have fun reworking.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, dead.7638 said:

Core Mesmer rework/reimagined.   And go from there into each spec with new reworks.   Honestly the dev team has a hard time balancing anything Mesmer.   Maybe it’s time they put full attention into the class with a new vision in mind that they can work with instead of constantly fighting with.   Even going back to original GW Mesmer to draw inspiration from and make it current with todays GW2.   If they don’t want to invested the time because the class seems to be a chore for them(because they won’t), actually do something that they themselves have fun reworking.

Mirage & Virtuoso are fine

• Sad 1

I feel like hinging it on Phantasms/Shatters is an awesome idea. I just wish they'd make it so Condition Chronomancer could take better advantage of this.

(Phantasmal Warlock only inflicting Vulnerability, but does summon 2 of them). Could consider changing this to inflict a damaging condition instead of just Vulnerability.

I could see Inspiration/Illusions potentially be a nice choice if they'd consider making Phantasmal Force an AoE might generation trait. (For some reason it's had an Radius attached to it for years).

Inspiration could be taken with this to use Illusionary Inspiration to AoE heal allies while granting Might/Alacrity (or Quickness). Slap some Regeneration onto the trait too for a couple seconds of healing to allies.

I think the lack of inspiration in the trait choices comes from the fact our other traits lack proper imagination, which is ironic given the imagery used for Mesmer traitlines.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@zealex.9410

I don't know if you played Chronomancer Support before this update like I did but this is single best change they could have made. 

Before playing either Alacrity or Quickness Chronomancer was a complete disaster and only very specific (special lol) people would even attempt to play it. Bringing either of these to End-game content required alot of convincing on my part to the Raid leader. 

Now that has all changed, we can bring this amazing cookie cutter build and have faith it can preform. 

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Mell.4873 said:

@zealex.9410

I don't know if you played Chronomancer Support before this update like I did but this is single best change they could have made. 

Before playing either Alacrity or Quickness Chronomancer was a complete disaster and only very specific (special lol) people would even attempt to play it. Bringing either of these to End-game content required alot of convincing on my part to the Raid leader. 

Now that has all changed, we can bring this amazing cookie cutter build and have faith it can preform. 

The previous iterations  had the issues(esp alac) but i liked that each had its own build. I think more tunning and balancing could have achieved good results too.

2 hours ago, Mell.4873 said:

@zealex.9410

Mirage has Axe DPS and staff support.

Virtuoso has Condi DPS, a Chaos DPS, and a bit lower Power DPS.

They all have differences in build or rotation.

I agree there were problems with the support Chronos.

But they made it exceptionally boring all identical.

They really should have just added Phantasms to the Quickness support because that's all that they did.

But they should have reworked the Alac support to be able to be a defensive support build.

Alac support Chrono really mainly needed to be able to provide boons other than Alac to be successful. They could have added Regeneration to the pulses of Well of Healing or into the Inspiration trait line. Use the Shield skills to actually maintain more boons... Protection on Shield 4 is just too short to really be helpful.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, zealex.9410 said:

The previous iterations  had the issues(esp alac) but i liked that each had its own build. I think more tunning and balancing could have achieved good results too.

There is no balancing those abysmal Wells for Support. I mean even with the tweaks it was impossible to heal anyone with them outside of a Raid/Strike.

I will say the Grandmaster Trait should apply to Wells regardless, maybe if All's Well That Ends Well is selected.

2 hours ago, Roadkizzle.2157 said:

But they should have reworked the Alac support to be able to be a defensive support build.

Alac support Chrono really mainly needed to be able to provide boons other than Alac to be successful. They could have added Regeneration to the pulses of Well of Healing or into the Inspiration trait line. Use the Shield skills to actually maintain more boons... Protection on Shield 4 is just too short to really be helpful.

Yeah, these changes would help but keep what we currently have and just add the defensive stuff on top.

19 hours ago, Kulvar.1239 said:

Mirage & Virtuoso are fine

Mirage is fine? Are you kidding? 
Condi Virtuoso beats Mirage in every possible scenario in game right now. With confusion change, mirage became very useless espec. Even snowcrows mesmer experts dont suggest Mirage to play. 

45 minutes ago, Suyheuti.1732 said:

Mirage is fine? Are you kidding? 
Condi Virtuoso beats Mirage in every possible scenario in game right now. With confusion change, mirage became very useless espec. Even snowcrows mesmer experts dont suggest Mirage to play. 

Mechanically outside of some bugs mirage doesnt have any huge issues, confusion is just a meme.

Edited by zealex.9410