So, you ignored the feedback for Scourge and Druid

Radiancee.6537

Despite all the feedback, especially about the extremely spammy shade duration for Scourge ...

You ignored it and kept it at 8 seconds?

You always telled us you want to make the game for supporters less spammy, meanwhile you are doing a complete 180. No statements, no answers to all the feedback. Please send me a bucket of F1 keys. Those PBT caps are expensive. 

Edit: The benchmark of Scourge might be higher now - But you completely ignored the spam factor. The whole point of the feedback was the gameplay and how it feels, not just raw DPS numbers.

Edited by Radiancee.6537
  • Like 23
  • Thanks 15
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

CMC is doing the same mistake the old balance team did last year. What surprises me? The balance patches before June 27th were solid. Now they are completely destroying so many builds without any reason. Okay, well, they want to force alacrity and quickness on all builds. Bad decision. Also, existing support builds got crashed without any reason. Useless decision.

Some special raid roles will be a pain now.

Top tier communication on ANet's site. As usual. I am disappointed. 

Edited by Radiancee.6537
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

It's kind of sad. I remember back in October, they listened to the feedback for Engis a bit, and reverted some changes, but now it feels like they're becoming more and more disconnected. My optimistic side is saying they're purposely breaking and buffing balance so much to gauge different things, and not everything is doom and gloom. However, playing my Ranger and Revenant just feels horrible at times depending on the role because it just doesn't mesh anymore. 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

Incompetence and stubborn refusal to admit that they were wrong. Guild Wars 2 balance team in a nutshell. Change the job description to making the game less fun I guess, my hopes for SOTO are practically non existant at this point. 

Edited by Celeste.9135
  • Like 19
  • Thanks 7
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Radiancee.6537 said:

Despite all the feedback, especially about the extremely spammy shade duration for Scourge ...

They didn't ignore it. They never even read anything we've posted on the forums. I'd like to act surprised, I really would; but I'm not.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 12
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

28 minutes ago, Radiancee.6537 said:

Of course they did. In the name of class diversity!

Anet has to make so many sacrifices just to give you guys alacrity. They're a hard working company, Ok? Give them some slack. If you don't like it, play alac tempest. Smh

/S

• Like 2
  • Haha 7
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

48 minutes ago, Radiancee.6537 said:

You always telled us you want to make the game for supporters less spammy, meanwhile you are doing a complete 180. No statements, no answers to all the feedback. Please send me a bucket of F1 keys. Those PBT caps are expensive. 

Edit: The benchmark of Scourge might be higher now - But you completely ignored the spam factor. The whole point of the feedback was the gameplay and how it feels, not just raw DPS numbers.

The fact they refuse to understand that Scourge was never about benchmarking and higher numbers, but a good feel on it's gameplay flow - is telling AF.

There's no point anymore. any class that plays differently from being a "boon spam slave" gets nuked.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 5
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Lctl.6198 said:

There's no point anymore. any class that plays differently from being a "boon spam slave" gets nuked.

This is what comes from homogenization. What Anet did was putting Scourge into a standard they created for themselves. Strip them on what makes them unique, and make them the same "Boon spam slave" As any other class out there, and creating a facade that they're doing this for class diversity

I fully expect Elite spec like Harb and Renegade to get into the chopping block soon, just you wait lol.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Echostorm.9143 said:

They aren't listening, their actions prove that.  They don't care, their lack of communication proves that.  We don't want want to be macros.  Stop making specs for your friends and start listening to the actual players.

wonder how long until the "Math warriors" going to come in and say " SCOURGE IS MORE THAN VIABLE! LOOK AT THESE NUMBERssssssssssssssssssssssss !"

Edited by Lctl.6198
  • Like 13
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, soulknight.9620 said:

Well the numbers are there, but its pure tedium to play. So no ty. 

Thats exactly what I've been saying since the first batch of changes 😞 It will never matter how much they tweak the *numbers* if they destroyed the *fun* of playing the specc anyway.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

To be fair the Anet team is no different than other MMO's devs. 

They ignore everyone, and when the game loses X % of players or people are upset enough that it is starting to annoy them,  they suddenly write a blog on how they want to improve communication --> 3 months later , nothing changed and we are back at the beginning xD

The only constant is disappointment, except if you play guardian as they get everything 😛  

PS: the changes in this patch are not bad, as they fix some of the terrible choices they made in the June balance patch. It's just that these classes feel very bleeeh to play since the June patch due to the mechanics, not the numbers

Edited by Halbarz.3854
Added "Bleeeh" to the PS:
  • Like 6
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Radiancee.6537 said:

CMC is doing the same mistake the old balance team did last year. What surprises me? The balance patches before June 27th were solid. Now they are completely destroying so many builds without any reason. Okay, well, they want to force alacrity and quickness on all builds. Bad decision. Also, existing support builds got crashed without any reason. Useless decision.

Some special raid roles will be a pain now.

Top tier communication on ANet's site. As usual. I am disappointed. 

Just to be clear, CMC has been the balance team since 2020. All of the patches since have mostly been of the  same tune since 2020 except you guys in PVE didn’t receive any CMC changes because in 2020 he was the PVP dev. 

Some of us had been actually trying to warn what could happen since 2019 when the first cmc philosophy was announced btw…but most of you folks got what you asked for, laughed it up, continued to push flawed philosophy and It was only a matter of time before it got to PVE and now here you have it.

most folks still don’t want to learn so what will happen? Nothing. And you will continue to see bad changes until people actually get the picture. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Alac Uptime got increased.
Spirit Cooldowns reduced a lot whith uptimes increasing.
Spirited Arrival being useful and able to maintain it's stacks past a certain boon duration.

Quickness Untamed and Alac Druid are pretty happy. Only Alac DPS Druid might not be there (yet).

edit: You can ask for Alac out of CA and 10+ targets Alac on Scourge as much as you want. Won't happen.

Edited by Mauti.3520
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 15

8 minutes ago, Mauti.3520 said:

Alac Uptime got increased.
Spirit Cooldowns reduced a lot whith uptimes increasing.
Spirited Arrival being useful and able to maintain it's stacks past a certain boon duration.

Quickness Untamed and Alac Druid are pretty happy. Only Alac DPS Druid might not be there (yet).

edit: You can ask for Alac out of CA and 10+ targets Alac on Scourge as much as you want. Won't happen.

Found CmC's alt account

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 18

24 minutes ago, Mauti.3520 said:

You can ask for Alac out of CA and 10+ targets Alac on Scourge as much as you want. Won't happen.

No one was ever asking 10+ target scourge, but if alac is not out of CA...

I'm sorry, Druid will be kicked out from PvE content permanently. PERMANENTLY! Because it cannot function in the way it is designed. No reactive burst healing, no reliable alac uptime. And using it may increase the chance of getting wiped.

As a commander, I won't accept any alac Druid in my squad. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 3

just remember, they always destroy many professions/skills/mechanisms before every expansion to "encourage" people to buy it. When I returned last year, Reaper was absolute trash and survival in general was destroyed to push the Jade Bot and it took over a year to get it fixed. Now it's Scourge (and other professions) turn.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2