Disable Rise

I have 4 accounts (for those of you on the dev discord talking about transparency when it comes to guilds in relation to this thread).  I have no beef with said guilds. However, I am aware that both of guilds that I know who are using rise are100% aware of what they are doing. They don't care. My concern is real. It is a real problem. Other guilds will use it. At some point the game will become unplayable until devs do something about it.

::EDIT:: TBH I am not sure why people care more in the dev discord about what guild that I from than actually addressing the issue. 

Edited by AphoticEssance.7592
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Meh it's whatever, selfish people that only care for advantages to themselves regardless of wvw health.

When the original Rise! lag problem came up, everyone decided to jump on the bandwagon instead of not contributing to the problem.

Then sit there and cry with there's no competition and content.

You get what you kitten deserve.

• Haha 5

You know what, the next time--I or my server see hackers, exploiters, cheaters...we will ask them what needs to be disabled- Stealth or "Rise"?

Also, I am sure, we all including them will get a good laugh at that the answer. 

Throughout the years including the introduction of Necromancer Profession-Rise was release in 2015, I have never heard nor seen any report or evidence of Necromancer Profession-Rise being at fault for server disruption or being at fault for Guild Wars 2 low population decline-retention.

--Throughout the years of Anet mis-treatment of Necromancer Profession...do you think that Anet would give Necromancer Profession especially their minions, 'pets'....special treatment to cause damage for this long? Hec*, Anet nerfed our minions 'pets' so hard...they don't even stand a chance to survive for more than 1-1/2 minute.

Unlike Mesmer Profession whose clones, phantoms can be nearly spammed, replaced over and over again...with hitting high damages... while Necromancer Profession: minions 'pets' are already dead with low damages. 

This is what I mean when I say ANet intentionally holding Necromancer Profession back from using its full potential. 

Where Necromance Profession pets are avoided, Mesmer Profession; clones, phantoms are unavoidable.

Laslty, let me add more injury to this 'Witch Hunt' against Necromancer Profession.. Did you know that Necromancer Profession can also explode-bomb their minions? It was called a 'minion bomber'. Just as Mesmer Profession shatters their clones, phantoms...Necromancer Profession has the capability of doing the same.

Yet again, Anet intentionally holds Necromancer Profession from expressing their full Identity and Role. 

https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Guide_to_playing_as_a_necromancer

-Anet has already allowed Necromancer Profession Identity, Role: conditions being stripped away from it including prior stealing a version of its Spectral to give to The Most Toxic Profession-Thief Profession

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Spectral

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Specter

So what is now left to be striped away from Necromancer Profession?

In conclusion; Necromance Profession is Damaged, Exploited 'Like A Rag Doll'

-Anet has Neromancer Profession 'under a tight leash'.

--Accusations of Necromancer Profession wrong doing...are with malicious intent to keep Necromancer Profession beneath them.

Edited by Burnfall.9573
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Burnfall.9573 said:

In conclusion; Necromance Profession is Damaged, Exploited 'Like A Rag Doll'

-Anet has Neromancer Profession 'under a tight leash'.

--Accusations of Necromancer Profession wrong doing...are with malicious intent to keep Necromancer Profession beneath them.

Bruh, what does this whole "Necro is the victim of Big Bad Anet" conspiracy rant have to do with anything? The entire point of the thread is that the servers can't handle the strain of rise in a blob fight.

• Thanks 1

@Burnfall.9573 

I am going to assume that you are a necro main based your response. This thread is not an attack on the necromancer profession. While rise has been around since 2015, nobody has been using it to this capacity, or coordinating it in such a way that is causing the current super lag that is originates from these rise exploiting groups. 

Soon more and more guilds will start using it and the game will become more and more unplayable. Hopefully, Anet is investigating this, and I hope they figure out a solution that does not delete this option for necromancers. I believe this is an elephant in the room situation that needs to be addressed before it manifests into something bigger. Maybe it is just a server issue in conjunction with the way rise is being used in these groups. Who knows? But it needs to be addressed before it gets worse. 

56 minutes ago, AphoticEssance.7592 said:

@Burnfall.9573 

I am going to assume that you are a necro main based your response. This thread is not an attack on the necromancer profession. While rise has been around since 2015, nobody has been using it to this capacity, or coordinating it in such a way that is causing the current super lag that is originates from these rise exploiting groups. 

Soon more and more guilds will start using it and the game will become more and more unplayable. Hopefully, Anet is investigating this, and I hope they figure out a solution that does not delete this option for necromancers. I believe this is an elephant in the room situation that needs to be addressed before it manifests into something bigger. Maybe it is just a server issue in conjunction with the way rise is being used in these groups. Who knows? But it needs to be addressed before it gets worse. 

I and my server players has already asked other servers players including all game mode players concerning Necromancer Profession: Rise. No one has never heard of it and finds it Baseless and Ludicrous\

As I had already mentioned previously about Necromancer Profession being capable of using their minion to 'bomb' - minion bomber

We are talking about Guild Wars (1) not Guild Wars 2 where thousands to millions of Necromancer Profession players, running around, exploding their minions in Guild Wars (1) server hardware system.

We are talking about an old hardware-client-software-server system vs a new upgraded hardware-client-software-server system

So according to this false Witch Hunt allegation; Guild Wars (1) client server hardware, is far superior to Guild Wars (2) client server hardware?

WHAT A LOAD OF KITTEN!!

• "Guild Wars 2 uses a heavily modified Guild Wars game engine which includes support for true 3D environments, more detailed environments and models, better lighting and shadows, new animation and effects systems, plus new audio and cinematic engines. The game requires DirectX 11, with effect from Spring 2023."
  •  
Edited by Burnfall.9573
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

On 7/21/2023 at 8:38 PM, KinKin.6241 said:

delete rise I want to play the game and not lag. I already suffer enough playing this game with 200 ping.

Hahahahahaha  That is lower than my normal ping of 230!!! 

I wonder, what happened, did their ping jump up to 50ms? LOL Or did Anet's (AWS) server break and can't handle a little load?   Give me a break, Anet fix your stuff!

Edited by Areoh.7495
  • Sad 2

On 7/24/2023 at 5:36 AM, Ubi.4136 said:

Scourge gets nerfed, they all switched to reaper.  Yep, Anet creating another problem.  In a 50 man zerg, I'm seeing 20 + reapers lately.  And, no surprise to anyone in this thread, they all are using rise.

Let me see -  That sounds like a protest.. just like when they killed Lord British in UO for you young ones. 

• Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...

Allow me ask the 200+ players who showed up in the video poster server map, if Necromancer Profession: Rise had anything to do with the lag  and disconnects.

Here is a Surprise

Yes....Anet did nerf Necromancer Profession: Bomb Minion 15 years ago.

Spoiler

sarcasm 

Well I guess...somehow....the dead nerfed bomb minions.... somehow un-erfed themselves and secretly transitioned to Guild Wars 2 Universe...to Guild Wars 2 New Engine System and crawled to: Necromancer Profession to continue their scheme??

Does that make any sense at all??  Because it is all in the imagination.

Instead of creating a fairy tail story of dead minions blowing up servers; let us use our energy to force Anet to bring the game back to life instead??

Once again; Thank You! for your understanding

• Haha 2
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

Rise is not the problem it is the constant Boom Spam that is the problem with all the shiny visuals. in a three way or large fight a Necro is lucky to be able to get a shout off or any skill other than spam one. The problem is the visual trash from boons and shiny things the player has on that is causing the lag and has been a problem for years. 

Edited by Biermeister.4678
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Biermeister.4678 said:

Rise is not the problem it is the constant Boom Spam that is the problem with all the shiny visuals. in a three way or large fight a Necro is lucky to be able to get a shout off or any skill other than spam one. The problem is the visual trash from boons and shiny things the player has on that is causing the lag and has been a problem for years. 

You do understand the difference between choppy fps and actual lag, right?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, Absurd.2947 said:

You do understand the difference between choppy fps and actual lag, right?

They go hand in hand choppy fps and lag, the nerfed rise in WvW has very little to do with lag since most of a Meta Squad is boom spammers like FB, Tempest, Chrono, Druid and a couple of Scourges and a few Heal Scrappers. Reaper is a side thought now days for most map blobs 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Biermeister.4678 said:

They go hand in hand choppy fps and lag

When I've seen the server lagging badly (the arcdps R value goes pretty wild), I don't get FPS drops as evidenced by arcdps.  What I _do_ see is the server struggles to update my client with character locations.  The client then renders everyone around me with little micro-teleports that mimic some sort of frame slippage if you're not looking closely enough at it.

If you're having actual FPS drops, that's your local system unable to handle the number of character models and quality to render, not the server.

Edited by Chaba.5410
  • Like 3