Ele "nerfs" are a joke

The class has been head and shoulders above the rest in pvp for ages now, with more and more buffs being piled on top of it, and now that the issue can no longer be ignored, all it gets is a light slap on the wrist. As much as I love playing it from time to time, I'd rather see it get nerfed into the ground for a while than have things continue the way they have been. Pvp matches since the last round of Ele buffs have pretty much become decided by which team has more Eles. The worst part though, is that we'll probably never see anything even close to balance as long as a certain balance team member (whose name can't be mentioned in a critical manner without risking your post being removed and your account being banned) is still making balance decisions. At this point it's starting to feel like all those "doom posts" about the devs not caring about the game anymore are being proved right. 😞

(To the mods: I accidentally posted the original version of this post in General, and it got moved to the Elementalist section under Professions. I meant to post it here, so if you're gonna delete one of them for double posting, please delete the other one.)

• Like 7
  • Confused 7

What ele build is still overperforming? I'm pretty sure the nerfs went overboard(which I'm fine with, PvP can be just 8 classes for a while, elementalist induced trauma is real), but your comment suggests there is still some problematic stuff out there... so what exactly are you referring to?

• Like 6
  • Confused 2

>Be elementalist.

>Main signets for years, core or tempest doesn't matter.

>Enjoy buffs over time, nothing too serious, build is underplayed.

>Out of nowhere, for no reason, ANet buffs signets granting them auras.

>Signets are now broken when paired with specs that abuse auras (namely catalyst, signet tempest was meh).

>Signets are now nerfed to HELL and back. Cooldowns increased by 50%, the aura change might as well not exist at this point with the ICD.

>Your build is now incredibly weaker because of an elite spec, and you didn't even do anything.

---------------------------------------------------------

Rinse and repeat. Worthless balancing as usual, clueless and utterly incompetent. Instead of simply reverting the aura change, they double down on it and anger everyone instead. Cata mains won't care because they're just playing the FotM top tier class (they'll move on to the next best build or class if needed), but what about signet users? 

(I don't main signets, but I feel your pain).

Also, since when Air signet requires a target? lmfao.

Edited by Razor.6392
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Bazsi.2734 said:

What ele build is still overperforming? I'm pretty sure the nerfs went overboard(which I'm fine with, PvP can be just 8 classes for a while, elementalist induced trauma is real), but your comment suggests there is still some problematic stuff out there... so what exactly are you referring to?

I'm still having significant issues vs. good players on FA Catalyst.

The signet changes and scepter 1 spam nerf really didn't effect that build at all, and that is why I was pointing out in the other thread that Ele is A Tier at worst, it's not D & E tier like some people are crying & claiming.

It's still very very strong and more than capable of being the top duelist class, even post nerfs.

Ele mains who were always mediocre or worse players to begin with, were so accustomed to the general raw power level of this stuff for so long, that they had gotten used to being able to pretty much walk directly at things with no need to ever worry about LOS or being the person on the kiting end of the situation, while generating plenty of stability just kind passively at all times without thought, while spamming God Tier auto attacks that go under projectile reflect that had more damage in just the auto 1 spam than a burn guard had in its entire kit. But now they have to actually think about their skill usage, which Ele desensitization makes them think "oh man our builds are so bad now" but what they dont' realize is that this is how every other class/has to function. You are supposed to be punished for bad skillage usage spamming, not rewarded for it. <- And that is a great way to sum up what was wrong with Catalyst.

Edited by Trevor Boyer.6524
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 8

4 hours ago, Razor.6392 said:

>Be elementalist.

>Signets are now broken when paired with specs that abuse auras (namely catalyst, signet tempest was meh).

>Signets are now nerfed to HELL and back. Cooldowns increased by 50%, the aura change might as well not exist at this point with the ICD.

>Your build is now incredibly weaker because of an elite spec, and you didn't even do anything.

Rinse and repeat. Worthless balancing as usual, clueless and utterly incompetent. Instead of simply reverting the aura change, they double down on it and anger everyone instead. Cata mains won't care because they're just playing the FotM top tier class (they'll move on to the next best build or class if needed), but what about signet users? 

This is true. Catalyst was overperforming but can we not do balance like this? A bold new rework making something omegabusted that even a casual glance of every trait available to professions getting buffed would have revealed leading to otherwise balanced builds getting deleted or made weaker is on brand for Anet balancing and it shouldnt be. 

Literally every class has been a victim of this kind of balancing. I hope that a patch in the future finds a better way of fixing the aura synergy that doesn't require nerfing things that weren't problematic.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Razor.6392 said:

>Be elementalist.

Go play WvW then, still broken there and you get to pair it with celestial to boot!

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

30 minutes ago, apharma.3741 said:

Go play WvW then, still broken there and you get to pair it with celestial to boot!

Nothing dies in wvw anymore unless it's superior numbers rolling over fewer numbers.

In straight 1v1s, everything is cele, everything is a tank, duels take 20 minutes to end, or 20 minutes to realize you aren't going to kill each other.

I don't even think nerfing cele is the answer at this point. I think they should do a universal +25% damage to all damage types for just wvw.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 10

7 hours ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

I'm still having significant issues vs. good players on FA Catalyst.

Oh no that is unacceptable... Does that mean we need it to nerf it more? You know.. since you having issues against it is the absolute measure of balance we can possibly have!

For real though I would say around half the things you talk about is true and the other half is personal bias and skill issue. Mixing reality with your personal bias is a good strategy to impose your opinion but I really don't think it mattered in the end. Don't mistake what is essentially the balance team's incompetence as your personal victory. It would have happen anyway..we have seen it too many times. They can't balance the game anymore.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/21/2023 at 9:12 PM, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Nothing dies in wvw anymore unless it's superior numbers rolling over fewer numbers.

In straight 1v1s, everything is cele, everything is a tank, duels take 20 minutes to end, or 20 minutes to realize you aren't going to kill each other.

I don't even think nerfing cele is the answer at this point. I think they should do a universal +25% damage to all damage types for just wvw.

This is so wrong it's hilarious, then again NA 🤷‍♂️

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

On 7/21/2023 at 3:58 PM, Razor.6392 said:

>Be elementalist.

That is literally my villain origin story right there....

• Like 6

On 8/1/2023 at 6:21 PM, Dreams.3128 said:

These people will always excuse this crap balancing and praise it. We call them bootlickers. 

I call them simps 😄
all the simps saying ItS jUsT bEtA vIrTuOsO wIlL bE fIxEd that dont even intend to play mesmer made sure the spec is dead on arrival