Not a second to breathe design.

I'm doing remaining Cantha achievments, specially the Echovald Forest related,

The design of GW2 can be called "not a single second to breathe".

- First the arrow event in mori village, its timed, u have to choose between fight mobs with a quick respawn rate or do archery. Near impossible to solo. The arrows have limited shot and u have to "refuel" it.

- The final champ of missing Tengu event chain is a bounty level champ, its have high HP and also hit hard, im using the "immortal scourge" build, it dont die, but its slow to kill, i called ppl on map, it do well. But in a second run to help a friend, its failed, because no one is on map.

- The cemetery event, again, timed, have to choose between fight mobs or do event mechanic., the mob rate respawn is crazily spamming, need a group to finish. LUCKLY theres was 3 skilled guys the fast finished event and ignored MAP CLOSING firing. Yeah with all this u have to deal with map closing poping. After finish u have to run to far away to have a second to breathe and get out of combat, otherwise u can't press M to see the map without be atacked.

- Then i run after the minidungeon achievment, the one u need skip traps, need a short bow thief. My main 'fisher' alt is a thief, was parked in the middle of sea Domain of Istan. i loaded him, and immediately, atacked by a bunch of sharks, have to swin near all cost to get out of combat.

- The fate of house of zu heltzer, i did go to cemetery, need with of ghost, is just ridicolous, i can't even talk to a ghost, without being atack by ELITES, spamming one after another, i barely can read dialogue. LUCKLY, i was with my main alt, then i know how to deal with elites.

- is frequent, after i finish a task, i can't just press M without being atacked. MOBS have far range eveywhere.

Edited by ugrakarma.9416
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 11
  • Sad 1

So you mean "not a second to breath" if you actively keep going after event chains? The missing tengu boss is soloable, but group events are still meant to be done by more than one player.

"Dealing with map closing" isn't exactly much of a thing to "deal" with, just dismiss the pop-up to change map and you have an hour or so to do whatever you want to keep doing. While it can pop-up at weird times, it's quite literally one click of a mouse?

I find the complaint about sharks slightly weird, considering it's seems like blaming the game for having aggro mobs spawn when you logged out in place where aggro mobs spawn. If you don't want to have aggro mobs on you when you log-in, then move to the side/land/safe waypoint before logging out.

49 minutes ago, ugrakarma.9416 said:

- is frequent, after i finish a task, i can't just press M without being atacked. MOBS have far range eveywhere.

First move out of the mobs' spawn, then press m. Unless you know you want to just quickly waypoint somewhere then you should be fine without moving away.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

The archery contest is easier with less people, it's almost fail-proof solo, that even includes the Champ, I've done it 2 days ago on my alt for one of the Gyala Delve achievements. No cemetery event in Echovald needs a group, even the one where you need to crack seals can be done solo. Most events in Echovald are easier with less people due to scaling.

Most of your issues can be summed up by you running into an area full of enemies that were specifically placed in a way to engage you then being suprised those enemies do engage you.

Take it slower, this is not CoD where you need to sprint and slide everywhere.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 8/12/2023 at 3:51 PM, AliamRationem.5172 said:

Champions with the bounty mechanics may be intended for a small group of players, but they can be beaten by a solo player.   Clearly, that isn't the case for you and you'll need to call in some help, but that doesn't make it a dumb suggestion.

Piece of advice.  This forum is strictly moderated.  Your post will be pulled and you'll likely receive a warning for insulting other players.  Next time, leave the salt at the door.

The last champion is timed.

Im using immortal scourge build. i have alts for everything, i have full dps reaper.

Link a build and rotation where i can solo that champ under 8  minutes and not be killed, and at same time receiving the leyline plagues. 

• Confused 4
  • Sad 1

On 8/12/2023 at 5:06 PM, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

The archery contest is easier with less people, it's almost fail-proof solo, that even includes the Champ, I've done it 2 days ago on my alt for one of the Gyala Delve achievements. No cemetery event in Echovald needs a group, even the one where you need to crack seals can be done solo. Most events in Echovald are easier with less people due to scaling.

The cemetery spam elite ghosts, even worse, they placed some in the achievment tomb(LOL), luckly the lengthen ghost dialogue ins't needed for anything, but i pit for lore ppl.

Edited by ugrakarma.9416
  • Confused 4

5 minutes ago, ugrakarma.9416 said:

Im using immortal scourge build. i have alts for everything, i have full dps reaper.

Link a build and rotation where i can solo that champ under 8  minutes and not be killed, and at same time receiving the leyline plagues. 

Here's Hizen's current Scourge build soloing various legendary bounties which are a lot more difficult and have more health than that champion.  He's taking well under 8 minutes to do it, so you should be fine.  Or, you know, just throw up a mentor/commander tag and get started.  I do this all the time when I want help with events.  It's a lot quicker than whining on the forums.

Build: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PSzAs+jlNw4YgMNGJWMX9vcA-zxIY1olvMCMFytAE+QEotwrRBTbgKA-e

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, AliamRationem.5172 said:

Here's Hizen's current Scourge build soloing various legendary bounties which are a lot more difficult and have more health than that champion.  He's taking well under 8 minutes to do it, so you should be fine.  Or, you know, just throw up a mentor/commander tag and get started.  I do this all the time when I want help with events.  It's a lot quicker than whining on the forums.

Build: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PSzAs+jlNw4YgMNGJWMX9vcA-zxIY1olvMCMFytAE+QEotwrRBTbgKA-e

i did get help,

this not erase the fact the game is bad designed, and cantha is dead. map empty pop every 5 minutes.

The most hilarious is End of Dragon meta, the commanders don't even need "techniques" to avoid full map.

Edited by ugrakarma.9416
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 8

Just now, ugrakarma.9416 said:

i did get help,

this not erase the fact the game is bad designed, and cantha is dead. map empty pop every 5 minutes.

I just did these same events for the collection a few weeks ago.  I could have done it solo, but I popped a tag and a few people showed up for the Tengu events.  The only one that required a larger group was the Fort Aspenwood event, which I showed up 10 minutes ahead of time, tagged up, called in map, and listed in LFG.  A ton of people joined by start time and we steamrolled it no problem.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, AliamRationem.5172 said:

This build can't survive.

EoD champions have different scale system them Crystal Desert. like bad designe, theres not a pattern.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, ugrakarma.9416 said:

This build can't survive.

EoD champions have different scale system them Crystal Desert. like bad designe, theres not a pattern.

This boss does have more health (~2.5m) than a PoF bounty champion.  However, with 8 minutes on the timer that means you only need to average about 5k DPS to win.  Survival should be no issue at all as this scourge build is fully ranged, has a massive health pool, heals a percentage of its damage, has celestial stats, and poops barrier left and right.  It also benchmarks over 18k DPS, so even accounting for going AFK halfway through to make a sammich you should have no trouble beating the timer.

Here.  I went ahead and did the boss (and the whole event chain) solo on a melee build on a dead map without as much defense as that scourge build.  It took me 3 minutes, so I had plenty of time to use a more defensive build, not take jade tech buffs, or whatever other handicap you require to believe this can be comfortably done solo.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, costepj.5120 said:

For that to happen means the game had enough players to open many map instances simultaneously - likely for the meta or other popular event such as Leviathan. So the opposite of "Cantha is dead".

LOL. u see same players on the "new map". 

LFG never fill 50 anymore, on NA primetime. 

The Dragon End meta filled maps problems is gonna, if theres 2 LFG the 2 commander struggle to fill 50.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

49 minutes ago, ugrakarma.9416 said:

The Dragon End meta filled maps problems is gonna, if theres 2 LFG the 2 commander struggle to fill 50.

They don't struggle to fill to 50 because the map isn't full. They struggle to fill 50 because the map population cap is lower than in other areas of the game.  The map is full even if the squad isn't. 

Like I said, I commanded the Fort Aspenwood event just a few weeks ago for the new armor collection and had no problems getting people to show up.

This is a "you" problem.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

16 hours ago, ugrakarma.9416 said:

Dragon's End had that issue since release due to player cap around EoD. People see the commander's instance is full and just leave. That's nothing new.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 8/14/2023 at 2:44 AM, ugrakarma.9416 said:

Tank builds have low dps. What is the immortal scourge build? Something with death magic? First of all it is a group event so not balanced for solo and you are playing a very low dps build and most likely poorly aswell.

Look up dps builds if you want to solo stuff fast. Hint: All of hizen's builds are low on the dps side. If he has the option between a 20% dps trait or -5% incoming dmg he tends to choose the -5% incoming dmg.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Nephalem.8921 said:

Tank builds have low dps. What is the immortal scourge build? Something with death magic? First of all it is a group event so not balanced for solo and you are playing a very low dps build and most likely poorly aswell.

Look up dps builds if you want to solo stuff fast. Hint: All of hizen's builds are low on the dps side. If he has the option between a 20% dps trait or -5% incoming dmg he tends to choose the -5% incoming dmg.

Low is relative.  The build I linked from Hizen benchmarks 18k self-buffed.  As noted, this boss only requires about 5k DPS given the timer.  So even poorly played most builds should be able to manage it. 

Clearly, this guy is having trouble surviving it, which given how tanky his build must be and the ranged advantage of scourge is remarkable.  I don't think there's any build that's going to help here.  He just needed help with it.

• Confused 1