Anyone on EU quite sad that you can't use SEPA for a paymaent method anymore?

I've been loyal since beginning and when SOTO was announced I wanted to preorder the ultimate one as I did with all expansions since this game existed. 
However I saw that SEPA wasn't an option anymore and I had to go for Paysafe (which scummed me over once for 50 bucks but that's a different story) and I couldn't use it anymore. Thankfully I could preorder SOTO with the 50€ limit paysafe offers although I wanted to give Anet a bit more money to support them and their future. 
It kinda makes me scared for future expansions. I've been playing since 2012 and I don't want to grind 20 hours for gems all day to upgrade. 
I know there's other payment methods but I don't do online banking as my whole family and friends have access to the PC and in general I'm pretty oldschool when it comes to money. 
However I also miss the gemcards I used to buy at gamestop that got pulled in my country in like 2018. 
I really want to support the devs because they deserve every support.. I really wish they would make it possible to link an existing Arenanet account with your Steam account like with Elder Scrolls Online. It would make things much much easier. I could just get a Steam card and load the amount I need to my account there through the code and purchase all the gw2 stuff for my already existing account. It kinda makes me sad you can't link them. 
I wanted to know if anyone else in EU had the same experiences. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

Thats odd. From one of the links in your signature it says you are from Germany. I am from Germany as well. (Credit cards are not that common here @Randulf.7614 / We mostly pay by direct debit options and a lot of people don't want to pay an additional fee for a credit card when we don't need it in most cases.)

I never had the option for manual bank transfer and I usually avoid PayPal but the shop at the website (just checked to the point where the options got listed) still shows me the "Soforüberweisung" and "GiroPay" thing ... which I usually use. It is still some kinde of 3rd party in between. But I never had problems there.

Edit: Oh, now I read it. Google found something from ArenaNet's website. Seems they had the direct debit ("Lastschrift") directly? Never noticed this. They might have removed it for security reasons. (With this option the risk is with them.) Most other online companies from foreign countries also do not offer this though. (Have not played many other MMORPG though lol. From WoW 15 years ago or so ... I remember they offered this - for subscription. Bigger company and bigger playerbase though.)

Edited by Luthan.5236
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

The only time I was paying through other means than credit card (visa) was when AN was on that weird interim payment processing provider, which for some reason didn't work with payment verification used by my bank, and I had paypal specifically set up for that one payment back then (tied to same visa card I would otherwise use).

I had no issue buying SOTO with the card directly tho.

I have no idea what is this SEPA OP is mentioning tho.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Luthan.5236 said:

Thats odd. From one of the links in your signature it says you are from Germany. I am from Germany as well. (Credit cards are not that common here @Randulf.7614 / We mostly pay by direct debit options and a lot of people don't want to pay an additional fee for a credit card when we don't need it in most cases.)

I never had the option for manual bank transfer and I usually avoid PayPal but the shop at the website (just checked to the point where the options got listed) still shows me the "Soforüberweisung" and "GiroPay" thing ... which I usually use. It is still some kinde of 3rd party in between. But I never had problems there.

Edit: Oh, now I read it. Google found something from ArenaNet's website. Seems they had the direct debit ("Lastschrift") directly? Never noticed this. They might have removed it for security reasons. (With this option the risk is with them.) Most other online companies from foreign countries also do not offer this though. (Have not played many other MMORPG though lol. From WoW 15 years ago or so ... I remember they offered this - for subscription. Bigger company and bigger playerbase though.)

Ignore, I replied to wrong person like a fool

Edited by Randulf.7614
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, Randulf.7614 said:

I don't have a signature, nor am I from Germany

If you are ever in doubt over payment options, support might be worth asking to see what they can do to help with what options exist for your country

i think the first line was for OP; the text after your tag was answering your question

12 hours ago, Luthan.5236 said:

Yeah, I contacted the support about it already and they said they removed it but they couldn't tell me why and if or when it's returning. 
kitten, it would be so easy to just link your account to Steam and buy the stuff there. Such a wasted opportunity 

• Confused 2