Expansion Preview Notes

Captain Sally.6249

Weird expectation ... Anet made no indication they were making balancing changes with the expansion. IIRC, they also have never done so in the past. 

But if you want to get your disappointment out of the way for a rifle buff ... then just stop expecting Anet to do thinks you imagine. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

I would guess there won't be a ton of class balance since we just had a big patch followed by another one. We mostly know what the few new weapon skills are and what they do and only a few of them are expected to really change. 

The only big expected thing effecting balance at launch is the rune/relic changes and if we don't get notes on them tomorrow we probably won't before launch. They have probably said everything they are going to about those.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Captain Sally.6249 said:

I'm here to hope, not be realistic about things.

Didn't they give is a little patch note preview two weeks before PoF and whatever the last one was? Or am I misremembering?

Those were based off of betas where we provided feedback based on interactions with the especs. There are no especs in this one, so balance changes are not needed outside of the opportunity to tweak things like Soulbeast merged pig maul in PvP.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Dunno. How likely is it that they unlock the e-spec weapons without expecting it to affect balance? Could be they'll just let players play around with it and find out what's broken and what works fine after the release. Or they may pre-emptively do some balance changes to adress balance issues with the e-spec weapons on other e-specs right on expansion launch.

Edited by Chyro.1462

There's no new specs, traits nor weapons, and a lot of the spec weapons that will be open with SotO are weak outside the spec traitline of origin to support them, so albeit broken combos can be expected they will be outliers and not very common. We also had a bet test, so we can expect balance patches in a month or so after those iteractions and the power creep from relics will settle.

10 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Those were based off of betas where we provided feedback based on interactions with the especs. There are no especs in this one, so balance changes are not needed outside of the opportunity to tweak things like Soulbeast merged pig maul in PvP.

There was the weapon beta, so it's possible that they've looked at some of the things that were reported in the beta (like sword/warhorn weavers apparently pulling 48k dps) and considered how to scale it back.

Of course, it's also possible that the whole thing was mostly a marketing exercise and it won't be until weaponmaster training hits the proverbial pavement that they'll see the actual effect.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/15/2023 at 2:48 AM, Vidit.7108 said:

I would guess there won't be a ton of class balance since we just had a big patch followed by another one. We mostly know what the few new weapon skills are and what they do and only a few of them are expected to really change. 

The only big expected thing effecting balance at launch is the rune/relic changes and if we don't get notes on them tomorrow we probably won't before launch. They have probably said everything they are going to about those.

Where can I see the new weapon skills?