Discover the Wonders within the Wizard’s Vault in Guild Wars 2: Secrets of the Obscure

12 minutes ago, FADA.6041 said:

@Rubi Bayer.8493. Several of us need clarity soon as we have bought alt accounts recently with the explicit purpose of the Login Rewards and having to contacted support to make sure it was ok to do so with that intention.

Which is why I want to know, if the login rewards value get drastically affected or affected, will we be allowed a refund for those accounts?

If you purchased more accounts for the sole purpose of login rewards you deserve to be charged twice, and i hope they wont refund any accounts (they wont)

Daily reward doesnt go away, its now 5 AA

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 9

1 minute ago, Buckeye.9846 said:

If you purchased more accounts for the sole purpose of login rewards you deserve to be charged twice, and i hope they wont refund any accounts (they wont)

Could be 5000 AA for all that matters when we don't know how much AA things actually cost.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, Buckeye.9846 said:

Extra accounts have other benefits, too: Freebies on the gem store and limited festival rewards come to mind.

52 minutes ago, Buckeye.9846 said:

Good thing they got rid of this massive.. well lets call it what it is.. gold exploit. People are using hundreds of not even upgraded accounts to funnel their daily reward goodies to their "main".

It's that's true, we'll have to get rid of paying real money for gold, too. That's at least as exploitive and doesn't even involve a game system.

• Like 7
  • Confused 2

What happens to the Chest of Black Lion goods and being able to access what drops from them?

What happens to the account gold find increase at the end of each month? that you automatically got..

Why penalise players with no characters at 80 in terms of accessing daily log in/dailies?

Is this all Mighty Teapots fault? 🙄

• Like 7

Just now, DeanBB.4268 said:

Extra accounts have other benefits, too: Freebies on the gem store and limited festival rewards come to mind.

See, another reason for them not to ask for refund, they can play login wars with their hundred of accounts for 5 AA for satisfaction, and also the occasional transmutation charge on the gemstore.

Sense of accomplishment and look good while doing it, win win

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 4

3 minutes ago, Whirlygig.9685 said:

What happens to the Chest of Black Lion goods and being able to access what drops from them?

What happens to the account gold find increase at the end of each month? that you automatically got..

Why penalise players with no characters at 80 in terms of accessing daily log in/dailies?

Is this all Mighty Teapots fault? 🙄

I'm sure they have thought of the chest of loyalty and it will still be in the vaults somewhere, same with your repair cannisters 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, vares.8457 said:

Clicking through your 20+ accounts is not playing the game. Why you should get rewarded for just logging in? Play the game to get rewards. 

You can also just buy those rewards with real money. Hard to condemn multi-account login rewards while that's the case.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Buckeye.9846 said:

same with your repair cannisters

Chest of Black Lion goods gives many more options than the kitten cannisters ( which no one wants) but you knew that...?

8 minutes ago, Buckeye.9846 said:

I'm sure they have thought of the chest of loyalty

Maybe, but its not their usual MO to think of things on the sidelines that may be affected by changes

• Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Buckeye.9846 said:

I'm sure they have thought of the chest of loyalty and it will still be in the vaults somewhere, same with your repair cannisters 🙂

After legendary runes shenanigan I would not assume that. They clearly didn't think through legendary runes in this case.

• Like 8
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

It's going to be a nerf to rewards, the fact they are not answering a simple question of how much the 5 AA will actually get you is telling enough. Plain and simple!

Thankfully I haven't pre-purchased sota; and now will definitely wait until afterwards to see if this game is even worth my time anymore.

• Thanks 8
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

Just now, Sjentra.3409 said:

It's going to be a nerf to rewards, the fact they are not answering a simple question of how much the 5 AA will actually get you is telling enough. Plain and simple!

Thankfully I haven't pre-purchased sota; and now will definitely wait until afterwards to see if this game is even worth my time anymore.

Another factor here is revealing material changes ahead of an expansion. I hear MCs have already jumped in price, and for previous expansions there were some advance "leaks" on materials which saw people hoarding/buying/whatever, so Anet has to be careful. 

In some ways, it would have been better to just have waited. This teasing of info hasn't been particularly helpful.

• Like 5

@Rubi Bayer.8493
Like so many others in this  thread I'd like to ask, bluntly, what can I buy with 5 AA a day, 140 AA a month? What does anything cost in this system? You've given us one half of the equation, yes Daily Login is 5 AA, Daily "Achievements" give 10 AA, Weeklies give 40 AA but it's incredibly frustrating that you haven't told us anything about the value of these AA.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 9
  • Confused 1

Just dropping some questions:
- What happens to the monthly account wide 2% increase in gold find. It's not much, but I kinda liked the number going up every four weeks.
- Will one of the legendary starter kits be for the legendary relic? Yes, I'm still going there.
- How much astral acclaim will be needded for the legendary relic? It is relevant to my interests.

Overall looks like a good system. We'll see in about a week.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

I've been keeping an eye on the discussion and can clarify a couple more things quickly.

Then, if you can clarify a couple more things for us, perhaps you might do so? Especially about the comparative "buying power" of astral acclaims compared to the old login rewards.

I mean, saying that is not going to be an 1:1 conversion is only making the answer to that question even less clear.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 2

5 hours ago, Kaliwenda.3428 said:

I haven't read thru the whole thread so apologies if this was asked already:

I have over a years' worth of legendary rewards chests saved up (day 28 of the daily login rewards).  Will these (as well as the chests of exotic equipment) still work as they do now after August 22?  Or should I open them all now so I don't lose what's in them?

Thanks!

tagging @Rubi Bayer.8493 on this because I forgot to do that when I asked the question earlier. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, DeanBB.4268 said:

Another factor here is revealing material changes ahead of an expansion. I hear MCs have already jumped in price, and for previous expansions there were some advance "leaks" on materials which saw people hoarding/buying/whatever, so Anet has to be careful. 

In some ways, it would have been better to just have waited. This teasing of info hasn't been particularly helpful.

True; but my guess is they needed something to bring in the hype.

From what I remember of the discord leaks: 90% MC's came from login rewards; and they were wanting to use them as bait to try and make GW2 as more of a hardcore game

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Wheezy.2846 said:

I... Think we're going back and forth on the same point. There's a few more pages of replies I haven't read since I dipped out a few hours ago, so maybe you've got some other addition there I haven't seen.

My point is that if you still give some MCs to very casual players via the vault, but push more of them into say, new strikes, then you're trying to help push people to do those activities more. MCs and clovers are rewards that are meant for end game item crafting for dedicated players. Casual players can still get the items, but they would have to either wait longer, or they can go into activities Anet wants to promote, be it Fractals, WvW, whatever. If they don't care about those or the end game crafting like legendaries, the reduced amount of them in the market overall pushes the price up, making it so the casual gets to sell it for a bit more profit per coin, albeit with less coins overall, hopefully balancing out at them getting a similar amount of passive gold. Dedicated players either play the repeatable content with a group more to get the end game items, making those a little harder to get (probably a good thing, gen 3 weapons were probably a bit too easy), or if they have the end game items they want, it makes those repeatable activities more profitable by bumping coin prices. It, like the whole vault system, seems to want to get you to engage with the game and play it instead of just log into it. I think that's good.

Coins harder to get by logins, but more available by doing STUFF = people doing more stuff with one another in game. I, again, think that's a good goal and idea to strive for, and this is their attempt at it that could be longer term than do the new map for a collection until you have that collection done and never go back.

I think that you keep completely missing the core point of what i am trying to tell you.

The casual players i was talking about - those that currently are the main source of MCs - are not intentionally doing that. They are just liquidating materials that is overflowing their material storage - materials that they accrue passively (in this case not meant by "doing nothing but logging in" but "in the course of normal play, with no intention to farm anything specific"). MCs are simply one of those materials, and so far those players were obtaining them through login rewards. Now, they will no longer be obtaining them at all, because in the new system getting those materials will require an active, conscious decision to pursue them.

The simple truth is that most casual players do not actively farm - and if they do, they are not doing it in order to sell them. As such, the increased price of MCs will not make those players pursue them in order to sell them (thus keeping price down). The end result will simply be a complete removal of that source of MCs. And considering that it was practically the only significant source of MCs so far. if the supply on TP is to remain mostly unaffected and not suffer a massive drastic reduction, then the influx from active, farmable sources would have to be increased by at least an order of magnitude. Probably more. And i just don't see this happening.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

8 minutes ago, Sjentra.3409 said:

From what I remember of the discord leaks: 90% MC's came from login rewards; and they were wanting to use them as bait to try and make GW2 as more of a hardcore game

Spoiler: the only way to significantly change a playerbase structure for a 11 years old game is to lose a lot of players. Conversion of people that follow a certain playstyle into a completely different playstyle is just not going to happen in any signficant quantities.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

9 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

I think that you keep completely missing the core point of what i am trying to tell you.

The casual players i was talking about - those that currently are the main source of MCs - are not intentionally doing that. They are just liquidating materials that is overflowing their material storage - materials that they accrue passively (in this case not meant by "doing nothing but logging in" but "in the course of normal play, with no intention to farm anything specific"). MCs are simply one of those materials, and so far those players were obtaining them through login rewards. Now, they will no longer be obtaining them at all, because in the new system getting those materials will require an active, conscious decision to pursue them.

The simple truth is that most casual players do not actively farm - and if they do, they are not doing it in order to sell them. As such, the increased price of MCs will not make those players pursue them in order to sell them (thus keeping price down). The end result will simply be a complete removal of that source of MCs. And considering that it was practically the only significant source of MCs so far. if the supply on TP is to remain mostly unaffected and not suffer a massive drastic reduction, then the influx from active, farmable sources would have to be increased by at least an order of magnitude. Probably more. And i just don't see this happening.

This all seems quite likely to me, what will casual players spend their AA on? Mystic coins? Why would they buy those when they can save them to buy new skins in the Wizards Vault? If they want they can just spend their AA to buy gold.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Spoiler: the only way to significantly change a playerbase structure for a 11 years old game is to lose a lot of players. Conversion of people that follow a certain playstyle into a completely different playstyle is just not going to happen in any signficant quantities.

I just figured out a big plus in this change 🙂 Don't feel like logging to GW2 today.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 4