They ruined the game

On 8/22/2023 at 10:07 PM, Kaibamon.7206 said:

They removed daily login rewards which was a reason for many to login and surprisingly play a bit after only to replace it with a FOMO Battlepass! They removed much of the rune effects that were ok for a poor relic set. And they removed the reason for specializations since now everyone can use spec weapons.Not to mention the expansion itself is not even complete!. I have huuuge buyers remorse with this expansion. I loved my golemancy rune with my additional golem, why did they have to remove it? I regret buying this expansion and these new changes. anyone else feel the same?

I don't have the expac and I still have to deal with the new runes and daily stuff etc. The changes aren't expac owners specific

• Like 5
  • Sad 2

So wait wait, I was considering trying the game out again. I ONLY play overworld PVE. I don't care about PVP, raids, fractals, nothing-- I despise forced grouping for dungeons/instanced content but don't mind doing the open world events with other people. It's how I like to play. So with the new daily system, if I chose PVE, there's a fair chance I'd be -stuck- with a bunch of forced grouping quests to earn my points for that day? If so, that's nasty and I won't be back.

Edited by SijjvraVisz.7159
  • Like 6
  • Confused 2

2 minutes ago, SijjvraVisz.7159 said:

So wait wait, I was considering trying the game out again. I ONLY play overworld PVE. I don't care about PVP, raids, fractals, nothing-- I despise forced grouping for dungeons/instanced content but don't mind doing the events with other people. It's how I like to play. So with the new daily system, if I chose PVE, there's a fair chance I'd be -stuck- with a bunch of forced grouping quests to earn my points for that day? If so, that's nasty and I won't be back.

PvE dailies are almost exclusively open world content. Completing one dungeon path or one fractal have been a part of PvE dailies for a long time, I don’t know if they are in the new daily system as well. 

Edited by vares.8457
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Yeah, but before you could always pick and choose whatever dailies you wanted. So long as it's not -forcing me- to go into fractals or raids when I select PVE for my daily pool, that's not as bad. The system is still kind of Blizzard-esque (this smacks HARD of a clone of the Trading Post stuff), not a huge fan of how they handled this TBH--Wizard's Vault sounds like more work for less reward). But I'll log in and see how it goes. If it forces me to group for content I have no time or interest for, I'm out-- won't hurt my feelings a bit to uninstall this game. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

15 hours ago, avater.1746 said:

So from overscrolling this topic:

Because of the new daily system and the changed meta because of runes, the game is now fundamentally ruined? I mean I see some issues with the new reward system, but I think some tweaks here and there can fix that pretty easy. Also I'm not in the whole meta stuff but the new rune with stackable damage increase for every weapon ability feels pretty god on my mechanist.

I dont know, the game just dont feel "ruined" for me right now...so maybe we get off the doomsday train and deliver some valuable feedback instead?

People always over exaggerate, but that doesn’t mean there is not a point. The old daily system was… better. Daily login rewards, I dunno why. The rune system, while conceptually good, removing most of the 6th effects and substitute them with junk ruined.

The issue is there is not enough new content to keep the players busy. And all these system reworks, made all the systems they changed worse. As a result, the expansion experience for most players is negative. 

Not that Anet dev will read this, however, when you change a system the new system MUST provide better experience for the players right off the gate. It needs to be COMPLETE and make the system better, ON RELEASE, not 6 months layer.

• Like 12
  • Confused 1

Soto runs even worse then EoD, the old engine cant keep up with the amount of rendering there is to do, yet they keep adding kitten into the game, calling this an expansion is being on a heavy dose of copium (overdosed);

It is and feels like a LW release except its made with a majority of reused assets, i enjoy GW2 but ive also enjoyed other MMO's and you gotta speak out on the amount of crap companies are pulling, and no this is not a doomsday post but the game is just declining heavily at this rate, DX11 issues still floating around since early February where it introduced stuttering on mid/high-end pcs aint good with a new release.

Now i don't mean to say that you cannot be positive about the game, you sure can, but when theres 3 positive things compared to 17 negatives it really shows theres big problems.

Theres my 2 cents ❤️

• Like 7
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, SijjvraVisz.7159 said:

So wait wait, I was considering trying the game out again. I ONLY play overworld PVE. I don't care about PVP, raids, fractals, nothing-- I despise forced grouping for dungeons/instanced content but don't mind doing the open world events with other people. It's how I like to play. So with the new daily system, if I chose PVE, there's a fair chance I'd be -stuck- with a bunch of forced grouping quests to earn my points for that day? If so, that's nasty and I won't be back.

I don't think you would be forced to play with groups, in most cases. It's possible, but the ones I have seen thus far haven't required groups.

• Sad 1

On 8/23/2023 at 6:28 AM, Chyro.1462 said:

Oh no, things change, what horror.

Having a blast with the expansion so far. The rewards for the daily/weekly currency look really good. And the relics feel like a breath of fresh air to the long stale gearing part of the game.

But guess I'm one of the few with positive views that still visits the forums 😄

Does really feel like a lot of people only come here to complain and spread doom and gloom.

Change is great when its designed well, this is not designed well.. What we had before worked better even if only a few were used...

2 hours ago, SijjvraVisz.7159 said:

Same i'll do the story then i'm out too.. I'm exactly like you i hate team based everything, but overland pve.

Edited by Dante.1508
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Randulf.7614 said:

We also have to remember they get feedback from many sources. Including Reddit, Discord and social media. Twitter for one gives VERY different feedback than the forums. Discord used to be their preferred place. It's frustrating for us because the forums themslves historically are their least favourite platform and it expasperates that feeling of believing we are forgotten.

So let's go start complaining on Twitter.

• Like 3

On 8/23/2023 at 2:31 PM, rylien.3824 said:

I looked on Youtube, and it feels frankly, that it's a big mix between TESO & World of Warcraft low-coast. It's really cheap, they have no imagination...

Hide contents

Apparently "Zojja" all this time was just "bad in his skin" and was at the astral guard... (in short, a bogus excuse), also learned apparently the Mursaats aren't all dead...just WTF! While we had literally clarified the prophecy in question... (they completely kitten on Glint & Livia...). They transformed a "Dwarf" into a simple "Norn" short-legged... it's desecration at this train there. There's a part, at one point, where Isgarren (octopus face) had "laughs", it was just awkward...seriously. It sucks. But so goddamn bad. 🤮 

many things feel ripped from ESO- new dailies seem like ESO

edit: the new daily system is a big one. In ESO you get a currency called Seals of Endeavors for playing the game. There are dailies and weekly tasks. in their crown store (like our gem store) there are  a whole bunch of things you can buy with them. As far as i can tell there isn't a cap on them, however there is a cap for another currency reward tickets same premise but these are for special events sorta like our festivals. the special events are capped at 12 tickets at a time and you have to spend them or risk losing getting more. Basically if yer maxed at 12 buy something or you won't get more tickets for w/e you did) which seems exactly like the new daily system cap currency methodology.

the  green house in (the new map)(not in game right now, i'll edit later) feels like the 100k green house decoration from eso

edit: after checking, it's not really , just has that white decoration Alinor Vibe

The way they resized old assest really felt like how you decorate in ESO with decorations (not so much ripped here just saying i wish i was an anet map decorator) 😄 

edit: The lower floor of the [Botanical Skygarden poi] in Amnytas does feel like how you would decorate in ESO. Maybe the devs play that game too.

and more things .... i havne't made a list but maybe i should 🙂

Edited by Kelly.7019
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

23 hours ago, Daddicus.6128 said:

Oh, Heart of Thorns was pretty bad, too. All that time-gating for no reason, and a horrendous mapping system that still hasn't been fixed. But I thought they learned their lesson with the next two expansions. This one shows I was foolish to think so.

HoT was pretty bad because the maps were terrible and this expansion actually brings the worst parts of HoT back into the fore.

It has the same issues, and these maps feel like Verdant Brink with the ground level blown out from under them.

I actually think PoFire was the best expansion in terms of merging fun, less aggravating gameplay with masteries. The mounts delivered value, but they didn't feel like time gated necessities that made the entire expansion a royal PITA to play without them.  I don't relaly consider the Skyscale that - at least not for players that have been here a while and have most HoT, PoF and EoD Masteries.  With those, the Skyscale is actually not the gamechanger many may have thought it would be...

For some of the higher mastery points, it was actually easier to get to them with a Springer, Dragon Leap, Jade Bot Personal Updraft than that sluggish AF Skyscale.  I think I've gotten like 4 or 5 mastery points in these maps this way.

The Skyscale can't use Updrafts without a Mastery, but I can simply jump off any mount and glider through the updrafts to reach areas I never could with the Skyscale - unless you have a LOT of masteries invested in that line.  I've glid between continents without it.  And while gliding I'm wondering why I even bothered wasting my money on this.

It's a LW Episode that delivers the worst aspects of GW2 that I had experienced since release, and not much else.  Even the Relics - thus far - are pretty awful, and some completely broken. Nothing at all done to the professions to compensate for the changes there, either. Thus far, this expansion has not delivered any value at all to me.  It's like I just threw my money away.

And I really made sure to restrain from making any definitive [knee-jerk] comments until I had played through a significant portion of it (Story, Zones, Rift Events, etc.).  I can't bring myself to sit here and finish it off, though.  It's just... BORING.  Like, HoT was REALLY annoying, but it actually was kiiinda fun and the increased difficulty was [at least for me] welcome.  I felt compelled to log in and play through the PoF and EoD stories (actually like playing through them on alts), but I cannot imagine playing through this again on another character.  It's just BORING AF and I'd probably stop playing the game altogether for months if I tried to force myself to do it.

I have to say... I am quite disappointed.

• Like 5
  • Confused 2

22 minutes ago, Kelly.7019 said:

many things feel ripped from ESO- new dailies seem like ESO

the green house in (the new map)(not in game right now, i'll edit later) feels like the 100k green house decoration from eso

the way they resized old assest really felt like how you decorate in ESO with decorations (not so much ripped here just saying i wish i was an anet map decorator) 😄

and more things .... i havne't made a list but maybe i should 🙂

ESO has Login rewards... and dailies.  So, not quite 😛

And I don't think even a significant minority of players care about asset reuse.  Really, that just seems like grasping at straws.  It's not that important, and it makes very little sense to develop new assets (not free) when players are as averse to this game's player base to pay for anything.

The result of that is this.

• Confused 4

IT'S OFFICAIL... I CAN'T PLAY WITH MY HUSBAND IN DOING DAILIES 😞  They gave my husband I different dailies, I think I am straight up done with GW2, I can't even finish my dailies for WvW which is defender, While my husband has capture a sentry.... what is wrong with you Arenanet..... I don't have time to do that stuff I had tried to play for a hour Defending and got no results.. Now I am in horrible pain from sitting here 😞  

WHY? why would you change dailies to were everyone's is different?

Why would you keep us from playing with our guild or friends in trying to do dailies together?

Why didn't you give us a bigger option for our Dailies?

So this is How you really wanted the game to be, for those of us that don't have the time to miss out on dailies that you have picked for us and we have no choice in it??? Because you didn't even give us a option to even get to pick our dailies as before?

I really want to know why you have done this to us..... and I don't want any poor excuse from Them......

There is a few of us that run together or if someone needs help I am always there, but what's the point if if we can't get the same things done together?

I am totally saddened by this.... 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 5

1 hour ago, Rhapsody Dragonfly.5136 said:

IT'S OFFICAIL... I CAN'T PLAY WITH MY HUSBAND IN DOING DAILIES 😞  They gave my husband I different dailies, I think I am straight up done with GW2, I can't even finish my dailies for WvW which is defender, While my husband has capture a sentry.... what is wrong with you Arenanet..... I don't have time to do that stuff I had tried to play for a hour Defending and got no results.. Now I am in horrible pain from sitting here 😞  

Why would you keep us from playing with our guild or friends in trying to do dailies together?

So this is How you really wanted the game to be, for those of us that don't have the time to miss out on dailies that you have picked for us and we have no choice in it??? Because you didn't even give us a option to even get to pick our dailies as before?

I really want to know why you have done this to us..... and I don't want any poor excuse from Them......

There is a few of us that run together or if someone needs help I am always there, but what's the point if if we can't get the same things done together?

Wait are they? Oh kitten... i have not played with my guild yet, but if everyone has different objectives it will be a clownfiesta guild internaly. xD

• Like 8
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

8 hours ago, Rhapsody Dragonfly.5136 said:

"Play how you want" not anymore it seems.

• Like 6
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

10 hours ago, Rhapsody Dragonfly.5136 said:

I'm so sorry. It sucks. Half the fun is playing together with people, and I agree that ANet really messed up with this.

Might I suggest you take your grievances to Twitter? Apparently they listen to any other social media, but their own forums.

Edited by Alphonse Constant.2394
  • Like 8
  • Confused 1

From what i can tell, with the new changes the existing metas have been wiped. Good, for years ppl have been using more or less the same setups without even considering anything else. This was necessary to shake up the meta, but you will like it once you start figuring your class out and actually experiment, not just copypaste an established build. Good on Anet. Ever the visionaries

• Like 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Macello.9276 said:

you will like it once you start figuring your class out and actually experiment, not just copypaste an established build. Good on Anet. Ever the visionaries

I don't have the time to mess around. I'm a tired, somewhat overworked adult. I used to play this game to have some fun and unwind.

They ruined that, so I guess... Stardew Valley is an option, too.

• Like 4
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Alphonse Constant.2394 said:

I don't have the time to mess around. I'm a tired, somewhat overworked adult. I used to play this game to have some fun and unwind.

They ruined that, so I guess... Stardew Valley is an option, too.

The last couple of days I've been playing Dredge on PS5 and it's fantastically fun.  I'm currently finding it difficult to summon the desire to log into GW2 at the moment for dailies.  Coupled with the fact that I recently left my Guild over some Officer powertripping drama, I'm starting to feel like an GW2 uninstall break is about to happen.  Not a good sign two days after a major expansion release.  

Edited by Alaeacus.9635
  • Like 5
  • Confused 2

Since theres been quite some posts regarding "SOTO" i decided to make another post about the current state of 'Everything' so far.

| Even before SOTO there were major issues regarding the DX11 update which decreased performance for alot of players including myself, from Glitching, Textures being blacked out or not visible at all, lagging, ping issues, stuttering.

| With SOTO the performance decreased even more so with the fact of reused assets that didn't seem to work well with DX11 before except now the reused assets are all scattered around the new map waiting for the next player to come by and give performance issues.

| From my personal view on performance, before the DX11 went live ive had stuttering issues that happened over time like it was some memory leak internally with GW2 (Early February /w WvW Update).

| The new vault system which on paper looks nice, but executed like a wet noodle in practice.

| SOTO Content is as expected a (NOT) Full release as ANET provided us earlier this year with the Gyala Delve update, slower development with better QoL, which i cant see they have kept the QoL in mind but they have kept their (Slow) promise since almost all if not everything is made with reused assets from previous expansion.

I cannot support this, and before people start to complain that its only 25$, yes its (Only) 25 which you could be spending elsewhere other than this reused mess.

| One thing is do like is the skyscale acquisition for newer players, and it seems this (LWSOTO) patch is heavily made for newer casual players which is a good thing.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Melody.8123 said:

| SOTO Content is as expected a (NOT) Full release as ANET provided us earlier this year with the Gyala Delve update, slower development with better QoL, which i cant see they have kept the QoL in mind but they have kept their (Slow) promise since almost all if not everything is made with reused assets from previous expansion.

These "smaller" updates were supposed to be so the Devs can focus more on Quality of Life, and refining the game.  So far we've gotten smaller updates, slowly increasing gem store prices of items but we're still waiting for that increase to quality of life and systems refinement.  The new dailies are a downgrade, and decrease in QoL, in almost every way.  

Meanwhile, I'm still running into Story bugs that have existed for 5+ years causing me to constantly have to restart a Chapter.  

Edited by Alaeacus.9635
  • Like 5
  • Confused 3