The new reward track vials are amazing

Zebulon.1850

18 hours ago, Solvar.7953 said:

I wonder if just removing repair gives defense credit for SMC, but does give credit everywhere else, would work out?

Yes that would work perfectly. SM was really the only place it was a real issue.  Red keep on EB to some extent since the walls are easy to treb; but it wasn’t too bad. And you can get inside and kill the wall repairers. And they were at least being kind of helpful, unlike the afk camp flippers b

On 8/23/2023 at 1:27 PM, Zebulon.1850 said:

Anet buffed the vials you get from pip reward tracks by 10x. They now give 250 each instead of 25. At diamond that is 1,750 each time you get them.

This actually might be one of the biggest buffs to WvW rewards ever.

Agree it does increase the rate and will help a lot of peeps. I do wish there were options for both ways though. Personally as I said I stack them for festival tracks so there is more options in spending time in either WvW or the festival depending on factor involved in real life or gaming factors.

On 8/23/2023 at 1:43 PM, XenesisII.1540 said:

Shhhhh keep it on the low down you wanna get it nerfed after a day?

Still not ruling that out watching the price of green unidentified dropping like a rock on the TP.

5 minutes ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

Agree it does increase the rate and will help a lot of peeps. I do wish there were options for both ways though. Personally as I said I stack them for festival tracks so there is more options in spending time in either WvW or the festival depending on factor involved in real life or gaming factors.

Still not ruling that out watching the price of green unidentified dropping like a rock on the TP.

Well... people wanted more loot... prices aren't going to stay the same when there's more supply... 🤷‍♂️

On 8/25/2023 at 3:00 AM, TheGrimm.5624 said:

But did this really help the dedicated or the AFKer?

I think they missed the opportunity in defining active and inactive. Simply speeding up the rewards tracks all they do is aid the inactive more than the active at the expense of when active players spend the accrued currency. AFK faster thru your tracks, versus adding a more active system that the more you aided your side the more you gain. I think a better system would have been in the more and varied activities you do while active was the biggest gain. Sure this change helped the active, but it also just helped the inactive and didn't further aid the active. Same with dailies, if need be add more daily activities that require people to be active or at least more boons to those that are versus the lotto chance the new system has. WvW is still a gold sink last I checked a month ago if you deploy siege. Checking while havocing it was still about -2G per hour for a havoc of 6. Mind you I am not looking to bring back the old system where we had to PvE to play WvW but I think a system of both the increased in instant pots, the old pots and more daily objectives and or a bounty system that encouraged more active play would be better. 

lol, sorry to the confused peeps. So an inactive player can do less and earn more now. Versus if ANet had used a system that tied active play to the boosts in the tracks themselves. Example, grab a bounty that cost you Badges to buy, acting as both a commitment and currency sink, but when completed awards you loot, coin and boosts to reward tracks. If you didn't complete in time then your sink cost was lost. That would aid the active more than just inactive trying to maintain a participation level. 

To me the changes were more addressing the players that were inactive seeking GoBs without trying to do more than min in a guise to be a WvW boost. Not sure I am buying the marketing there personally but glad there are peeps that do WvW that gain from it. Does that make more sense? Hope that helps to understand the point.

12 hours ago, XenesisII.1540 said:

Well... people wanted more loot... prices aren't going to stay the same when there's more supply... 🤷‍♂️

More balance in game modes, I admit its one I post. That does actually include loot value and coin mind you my friend. 🙂 . After doing some fraggles, which its been a while so was quite fun, it stood out all the more. Each time I run farming tracker it makes me laugh while in WvW, but that's on my stubborn kitten since I craft/buy/use Guild siege. I also need to stop sending stacks of Sup siege to those that throw Walmart siege while tagged. Happy reset my friend. I lost the broken spoon challenge since I got 2 before reset and zero for the three hours after. RNG, FTW! 😉 Good hunting! Coffee in the morning and we see what fun the new day holds. o/

6 hours ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

More balance in game modes, I admit its one I post. That does actually include loot value and coin mind you my friend. 🙂 . After doing some fraggles, which its been a while so was quite fun, it stood out all the more. Each time I run farming tracker it makes me laugh while in WvW, but that's on my stubborn kitten since I craft/buy/use Guild siege. I also need to stop sending stacks of Sup siege to those that throw Walmart siege while tagged. Happy reset my friend. I lost the broken spoon challenge since I got 2 before reset and zero for the three hours after. RNG, FTW! 😉 Good hunting! Coffee in the morning and we see what fun the new day holds. o/

You using heroics to buy the sup siege at least? 🤭

Reset started out bad, picked home, was placed in position 1 queue to it.... oh noes..... kitten bug... quickly went to green to play until it popped, as soon as I get in the map feeling and seeing the server lag, played 5 mins and had to restart the game, came back and of course everywhere queued, green was still at 12 so went there, took about 20 mins, had fun fighting jade/pop with void/nv rest of the night.

🥓

On 8/27/2023 at 12:56 PM, disForm.2837 said:

I mostly agree. But Obsidian Sanctum JP is an absolute pain with all the campers out there. Also, why the PvE stuff in WvW? 

Defense events are hit and miss. 

You can stay invisible for most of it. I also rarely see people Dueling inside normal the player who does get ganked himself so it's not worth it. 

17 hours ago, XenesisII.1540 said:

You using heroics to buy the sup siege at least? 🤭

Reset started out bad, picked home, was placed in position 1 queue to it.... oh noes..... kitten bug... quickly went to green to play until it popped, as soon as I get in the map feeling and seeing the server lag, played 5 mins and had to restart the game, came back and of course everywhere queued, green was still at 12 so went there, took about 20 mins, had fun fighting jade/pop with void/nv rest of the night.

🥓

lol, no, I spent 2.5 hours as usual pre reset to forge Guild siege, and played Civ 6 while I stood there feeding siege blueprints to the assembly device. That was after placing buy orders for Walmart siege to craft with. I need to figure out a reasonable suggestion for a recipe that converts Sup Siege to Guild. I usually use sup siege when I have time to build up defenses but use Guild while attacking to reduce the supply demands. I admit we are tiny as far as guilds go hence we need the best bang for the buck. Hence it's worth all the time it takes to watch a bar cross screen for 30 seconds each.

lol, Without creating this into a matchup thread, reset was nom nom. My guild is small and multi-game but we are into banter and even the peeps in other games were laughing while not in game. Was some craziness and a ton of fun.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Aeolus.3615 said:

Imagine a future update, "the value of the vials was greater than intended so we nerfed it by 70%"

That is a legit concern actually. If that does happen, will be right back to this asking for the WvW pots back. As I said in other spots different people use or stack them for different reasons. I like to stack them for holiday events personally. 

• Like 1

Complete the Obsidian Sanctum Jumping Puzzle in the Obsidian Sanctum Map

Is the biggest joke ever.

Anyway, I think the reward track change makes actual WvW players better rewarded. It is probably the way to address people not interested in WvW stacking daily potions to instantly finish their reward tracks.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Infusion.7149 said:

Anyway, I think the reward track change makes actual WvW players better rewarded. It is probably the way to address people not interested in WvW stacking daily potions to instantly finish their reward tracks.

I think it is their thought to the first bit, but I think the second bit is also right but targeting WvW players from instantly finishing reward tracks. The unmentioned bit is is aids the non-WvW players to get their GoBs faster and complaints there. To me though that also helped the AFK route ones that did the min needed to progress routes as am seeing even more wall runners now on all maps not just EBG.

Wall running should have been addressed before implementing such a change, but this is Arenanet we are talking about which always messes up WvW rewards. Even after adjustment, most of the weekly vendor stuff is triple gated behind tickets , resources (memories of battle/proofs/etc), and a weekly cap. The best overall implementation of recent note was the badges of honor to lockbox keys , ascended foods for emblems with badges, and the infusions for emblems.

Reference: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Dugan

We still have the insanity of 20 tickets for a mystic clover, 100 tickets for 25 memories of battle (lol), and 15 tickets for guild siege.

3 hours ago, Infusion.7149 said:

Wall running should have been addressed before implementing such a change, but this is Arenanet we are talking about which always messes up WvW rewards. Even after adjustment, most of the weekly vendor stuff is triple gated behind tickets , resources (memories of battle/proofs/etc), and a weekly cap. The best overall implementation of recent note was the badges of honor to lockbox keys , ascended foods for emblems with badges, and the infusions for emblems.

Reference: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Dugan

We still have the insanity of 20 tickets for a mystic clover, 100 tickets for 25 memories of battle (lol), and 15 tickets for guild siege.

Since I have thrown out various suggestions using diminishing returns for differing options and requests for currency vendors though, I am glad we got some options so the vendor will still get a +1 from me. Stopping to relook at the wiki since its not fresh in the mind......

I think I wouldn't change what I tell guildmates which is go for biggest value for tickets which means backpiece and armor first. Finish all armor sets first if you play all three weight classes and then think about the confluxes but not before getting a leggo backpiece from any of the game modes it's available from.

In light of that, yeah I wouldn't recommend to anyone using tickets for the items that the NPC has but I can appreciate the fact that if players are whiling to follow the rule of diminishing returns they have options for it, just not one I would suggest unless they have all their other goals achieved. If anything the best return I would say is infusions being bought with the emblems since players can directly address how many of each emblem they received based on their active play. Infusion are not a huge boost but a good goal once all other goals are meet.

The guild siege lol, probably means I am doomed and will continue to have to watch bars crossing screens and burning 2 hours tabbing out to take turns in Civ VI while I wait to load more blueprints in the assembly device.