Cultural armor

TardiisBlu.8506

We need new cultural armor... it is only the 3 tiers  from the original expansion and MAYBE a set from the original dungeons.

Each new expansion could have a set of cultural armor somewhere or part of the story depending on the race you play and the area you're in. Cantha would've been amazing for asura or sylvari cultural armor with the cantha twist. It would have been stunning. Wizard sets that are varied for each race could look really amazing form this new expansion. I love the new armor sets that come out and they're all really well done, I just really think there needs to be another set of cultural armor somewhere along the way.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3

• 1 month later...

I agree! I would personally love to unlock new cultural armor sets (and other cultural items) by playing optional racial side-quests, that would explore bits of cultural lore that are not part of the main story (e.g., sylvari characters could learn what happened to Malick and whether there are more sylvari trees like the Pale Tree; charr characters could catch up with members of their warband; norn characters could help the havroun of their Spirit of the Wild; and so many more opportunities for interesting plots and associated rewards).

• Like 3

Unlikely to happen, why spend resources creating armour for small sections of the player base when you can create an outfit that is broadly the same for all races and whack it in the store for 1,800 gems as an "appearance package"?

Any semblance of wanting to explore and expand cultural identities within the game have been long abandoned in favour of a homogenous experience.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Jaken.6801 said:

I wish they would fill up the ones from the sylvari and asura.

I believe they both share one set.

Always hated that, plantish weapons for asura and geometric-plasma weapons for sylvari... why? I mean, they live both in maguuma jungle and they are neighbours, but in fact there are no other races more distant from each other then asura and sylvari, in cultural terms.

Edited by Val.7826

On 11/18/2023 at 10:46 PM, Val.7826 said:

Always hated that, plantish weapons for asura and geometric-plasma weapons for sylvari... why? I mean, they live both in maguuma jungle and they are neighbours, but in fact there are no other races more distant from each other then asura and sylvari, in cultural terms.

There is story overlap, as in Asura experimented on Sylvari, but that's not enough reason

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Jaken.6801 said:

There is story overlap, as in Asura experimented on Sylvari, but that's not enough reason

Yeah exactly, besides, we are talking about a 25 years gap, I don't think that is enough for a cultural weaponry sharing between races that had that kind of relationship.

• 3 months later...
On 8/25/2023 at 8:05 PM, TardiisBlu.8506 said:

We need new cultural armor... it is only the 3 tiers  from the original expansion and MAYBE a set from the original dungeons.

Each new expansion could have a set of cultural armor somewhere or part of the story depending on the race you play and the area you're in. Cantha would've been amazing for asura or sylvari cultural armor with the cantha twist. It would have been stunning. Wizard sets that are varied for each race could look really amazing form this new expansion. I love the new armor sets that come out and they're all really well done, I just really think there needs to be another set of cultural armor somewhere along the way.

Maybe kinda like a remix or a remake of the existing ones? 

• Like 1