Voice Actor Suggestion

Dear Arenanet,

This is just a reminder that you still didn't get Richard Steven Horvitz aka Zim from Invader Zim as well as many other short and very animated cartoon characters to do a voice for an asura yet.

Maybe grab Gir while you are at it (Rosearik Rikki Simons).

They would both be such perfect casting opportunities for an asura character and adding them would pretty much make this game a complete collection of all the english voice actors from our childhoods which is a +1 in my book.

The voice actors tend to communicate a bunch so you could probably just ask one for his details.

Thanks!

If you would also like this sort of casting decision, feel free to comment below. :3

Edited by Sahfur.5612
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 8

Interesting thing about voice acting. I am very happy with the current voices, but is it me or human male player character has voicelines in a different voice. Do we have some small change or I missed one in the past?

I think the big names don't matter that much as long as there is nothing weird distracting us from the voicelines/story. Like sudden swap of a VA would feel odd for a while, or some small thing I noticed the voiceline saying something slightly different than the chat dialogue. There were couple of cases where my toon just repeated the same sentence or added a couple words after the chat text was already over.

Also very happy with Felicia being back. Still not really attached to Zojja after that long break, but it's nice to hear her.

• Like 1

"Our" childhood 🤣.   Never heard of the voice actors nor the characters...had to look them up.  If they can fit a character and immerse me in it, then awesome.  If it just sounds like an actor chucked in to a role because of their name, nope.

Edited by Farohna.6247
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

• 5 months later...
47 minutes ago, starlinvf.1358 said:

Morgan Freeman should voice all the dialog like an audio book. Good in theory. But would it be good in practice?

Plus if we’re giving out work based on fame and range, then Matt Mercer should do a whole story arc voicing all the characters. 

If it helps I have heard his friends Liam O'Brian and Sam Reigel voicing a few npcs.  I am not sure if Matt Mercer has voiced any of the monsters.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zebulous.2934 said:

If it helps I have heard his friends Liam O'Brian and Sam Reigel voicing a few npcs.  I am not sure if Matt Mercer has voiced any of the monsters.

He voices the Male Norn commander, and he took over the role of Canach in EoD. He's also on some NPCs in SotO (in Inner Nayos, the guy who's setting up the turrets east of where we fight the meta boss)

• Like 2

On 2/14/2024 at 12:21 PM, Zebulous.2934 said:

Mercer is Arkk, the Asura NPC from a few Fractals. I don't know if he's played any 'redshirt' Asura though!

I only wish that DiMaggio could reprise his role as Canach someday. Mercer's is alright but it's still a rough transition to get used to.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, ShadowKatt.6740 said:

The people in this thread have obviously never heard of a Budget.

Welcome to the "But wouldn't it be cool if" school of suggestion making that is responsible for 90% of the threads here in general discussions. 😉

As for the thread; I never really cared for the voice actors, sorry. Bad voice acting sticks out like a sore thumb and really good voice acting can really make a difference, but a good middle ground is also fine and that middle ground is rather broad. Don't get me wrong. Many talented people have worked on this game and I wish them all the best. And should GW2 can work with them again, cool. But if not, it's also fine.
As for making suggestions, I think the devs have their own ideas on who to hire, and unless some rando forumite knows someone really obscure I doubt that they need to get the hint that "ey yo, this [enter VO houshold name here] guy seems to be a pretty good voice actor". Really? Who would have guessed?

Edited by Omega.6801
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Omega.6801 said:

Welcome to the "But wouldn't it be cool if" school of suggestion making that is responsible for 90% of the threads here in general discussions. 😉

Clearly. Honestly, I'm still baffled how Anet managed to get STEVE BLUM, and not just for core or anything, but Rylock has been in EVERY chapter through IBS, and even got a few lines in EoD. I feel like that was probably 90% of the VA budget there.

Admittedly though, worth it.

• Like 2