Archemorus needs an upkeep skill

HorvathKirnerAkos.6205

Hi fellow revenant enjoyers,

I have an idea!

Nomad's Advance is a really good gap closer and Spear of Archemorus is effective in both PVE and PVP, but what about Scavanger Burst? why not make it a fairly hitting condi-power hybrid upkeep skill with a potential to share quickness with the right gear? It would spawn a few new builds e.g. power quickness vindicator, condi or condi quickness vindicator. I feel like we are in a Herald prison right after escaping Renegade prison. It's either power vindicator or you are out.

What are your thoughts?

Edited by HorvathKirnerAkos.6205
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

I don’t think archemorus needs an upkeep skill; it’s actually kind of nice to have a legend that doesn’t have one (kind of). 

i also don’t think boonDPS is a role vindicator needs to cover. If they decide to give vindicator a boon role I would hope they lean into the healing aspect and make the boon support option scale with healing power, forcing a healer boon build instead and forcing St. Viktor to be relevant in PvE. That way herald can still have an optimal role as QDPS while Vindicator can perform better as pDPS and either QHeal or AHeal 

• Like 6
  • Confused 2

On 8/27/2023 at 9:53 PM, LucianTheAngelic.7054 said:

I don’t think archemorus needs an upkeep skill; it’s actually kind of nice to have a legend that doesn’t have one (kind of). 

i also don’t think boonDPS is a role vindicator needs to cover. If they decide to give vindicator a boon role I would hope they lean into the healing aspect and make the boon support option scale with healing power, forcing a healer boon build instead and forcing St. Viktor to be relevant in PvE. That way herald can still have an optimal role as QDPS while Vindicator can perform better as pDPS and either QHeal or AHeal 

if u want to use all goodies vindi offers in both legend  its like, celestial or zealots but nobody wants to be outside the min/max gameplay..

Edited by Aeolus.3615
  • Confused 2

or it could be a bit like how the spear worked in GW1. Upkeep to charge the spear, then drop it for a massive aoe dmg around your character.
Could be something like:
 0-2sec = minor aoe dmg
3-5 sec = medium aoe dmg + boon or condi on enemies
6-9sec = high  aoe dmg + boon or condi on enemies
10+ sec = High  aoe dmg + boon or condi on enemies + knockdown/stun

Edited by Vekaiel.8493
  • Confused 2

There needs to be something done and yes, Archemerous and St. Viktor both need to be providing more boon support. Vindicator is now falling behind as far as their role is concerned. It's still my most enjoyed elite spec but still cannot deny that a DPS Herald just does more with less effort now.

But this is a revenant problem as a totality. The entire profession is in desperate need of a rework now. It's hardly justifiable anymore the cost and lockout on ability to choose skills now versus the return the profession as a whole and elite specs receive. It's approaching the point where Archemerous vindicator is the DPS no one cares about, and St. Viktor healing is the support no one wants. It's kind of egregious to say that in present year, a support that doesn't provide boons at the very least is even viable.

Edited by Ravenwulfe.5360
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

18 hours ago, Ravenwulfe.5360 said:

(snip) It's approaching the point where Archemerous vindicator is the DPS no one cares about, and St. Viktor healing is the support no one wants. It's kind of egregious to say that in present year, a support that doesn't provide boons at the very least is even viable.

Ofc no one want to play Arch setups, look at the WvW zerg gameplay, its only minstrells victors dodge spammers and on PVE theres perma quickness herald (perma quickness should not exist in any gamemode).

Besides Victor dodge support is so strong that its stupid it is all a vindicator needs to spam.

Anet needs to remove perma quickness setups from game for a start until that the problem will exist.

Edited by Aeolus.3615
  • Confused 2

2 minutes ago, Aeolus.3615 said:

Ofc no one want to play Arch setups, look at the WvW zerg gameplay, its only minstrells victors dodge spammers and on PVE theres perma quickness herald (perma quickness should not exist in any gamemode).

Amazing you keep commenting despite in your profile saying you aren't playing.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Ravenwulfe.5360 said:

Amazing you keep commenting despite in your profile saying you aren't playing.

i returned for incognito time wanted to test the new weapon stuff and got carried away :), but yeah could change the sig.

having to much fun with herald pew pew shortbow  on wvw just that i am melting mag players at the point they need several vs 1 :P ( or until game becomes powerpoint with 1 FSP lol and skill lag aparentelly somethign is hapenig alowed by Anet IDK)

EDIT: Oh no now that i said i am melting mag players Anet will obliterate this build :O

Edited by Aeolus.3615
  • Confused 2