Achievement poor explanations

1 hour ago, Gendalfs.7521 said:

I think they rely on Ayin and Tiffy for guides 😄

Im working on map event completion for mastery points and Im stuck because theres no guides for that on youtube, yet

if this game had a better interface, i know a lot of friends that could give it a second chance, and i bet this issue keeps away a lot of people.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 2

Not just achievements, there are a lot of problems with either too much of the wrong type of description and not enough of the right type, or none at all.

If you want to view reaper shroud/holo forge/celestial avatar (etc) skills, you either have to waste your shroud reading them (and possibly not have enough time) or go to the wiki. They're not in the hero panel at all. If you want to see how much cc a certain skill has, you have to go to the wiki. Defiance bar damage isn't listed on every skill that has defiance bar damage, same with stunbreaks. Then there's no description for if the stunbreak, is it for yourself or does it stunbreak others? Some say, some don't.

There's a massive lack of consistency with useful descriptions in general and too much of the fluff like "Draw forth an enchanted tome that recounts the trials undergone by the people of Vabbi.". Ok I don't care, what the tome DOES should be put in that description. Wasted space.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 4

4 hours ago, Mrs Lana.2506 said:

Not just achievements, there are a lot of problems with either too much of the wrong type of description and not enough of the right type, or none at all.

If you want to view reaper shroud/holo forge/celestial avatar (etc) skills, you either have to waste your shroud reading them (and possibly not have enough time) or go to the wiki. They're not in the hero panel at all. If you want to see how much cc a certain skill has, you have to go to the wiki. Defiance bar damage isn't listed on every skill that has defiance bar damage, same with stunbreaks. Then there's no description for if the stunbreak, is it for yourself or does it stunbreak others? Some say, some don't.

There's a massive lack of consistency with useful descriptions in general and too much of the fluff like "Draw forth an enchanted tome that recounts the trials undergone by the people of Vabbi.". Ok I don't care, what the tome DOES should be put in that description. Wasted space.

man... they added specialization skills near the weapon skills... it's a while...

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

The picture isn't loading for me (I just keep getting a 504 error) so I'm not sure which one/s you're refering to but with some achievements part or all of the challenge is figuring out where to go and what to do.

For an extreme example there's the achievement The Golden Chicken in HoT where the description is just "Find a golden chicken in Tarir" but that's because that's literally all you need to do, as soon as you get close to the chicken the achievement completes so if it told you where to go it wouldn't be an achievement.

It's the same idea with things like the Skywatch achievements for interacting with certain statues, or playing with the Shrine Guardian infants. There's a bit more to do, but part of the challenge is finding the right location.

Of course you can use a guide if you want to get it done as quickly as possible, but I think they deliberately don't give detailed instructions for every step because they want players to experiment and figure it out for themselves.

Edited by Danikat.8537
  • Like 5

49 minutes ago, Mrs Lana.2506 said:

And yet still no holo forge or celestial avatar, or reaper shroud skills are there 🙄You completely missed my point.

Not sure about holo or druid, but all shroud skill are on the weapon window

Warning : there is a slight display bug, despite all the shroud skill being there, only the tooltip of the one of the current spec will show. 

• Like 1

You're playing Wiki Wars 2 

Wiki is part of the game 

Might as well think about it like that

Some things in the game make me wonder how anyone even figured it out without a guide

Like the things you have to collect in ember bay

That would be painful with no guide or taco

It is painful even with taco 😅

Edited by jokke.6239
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Mrs Lana.2506 said:

If you want to view reaper shroud/holo forge/celestial avatar (etc) skills, you either have to waste your shroud reading them (and possibly not have enough time) or go to the wiki. They're not in the hero panel at all.

Hero panel > build tab on left edge > weapon skills. At least for Necro, all the shroud skills are listed right there. Even the aquatics.

• Like 1

Ok I can see the picture now. For anyone still having trouble it's a screenshot of the table from the Skyscale Saddle Materials collection on the Wiki.

In which case the answer is that info is in the game. If you hover over the items in the collection window you get the exact same hints the Wiki gives. It doesn't tell you the exact price for each item, but you'll find that out when you talk to the vendors.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

https://i.ibb.co/Zd6X21T/immagine.png
this achievement seems impossible to me, it is quite complicated even with the wiki https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Good,_Better,_Nest

It asks me to speak with people inside istances and then go complete events, nothing has an icon, i need to search literally invisible entrances, i won't even get a progression when i spoke with those npcs...... i'm quite exausthed at this point

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Some players will want to figure it out for themselves while others will want the end reward without having to do more than go exactly where told. If the in game directions were as detailed as the wiki then only the second group would get what they want. By using only fairly basic hints and the like in game while the wiki has detailed directions both types of players can have their preference.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1