Lack of developer discussion and feedback on the current issues with the game(imbalanced classes, boring rifts, unrewarding new content, boring new content, etc)

Shiyo.3578

Even Blizzard routinely talks on twitter, forums, and has streams talking about the game.

What gives?

Should we assume rifts will be zero fun and never be improved? Should we assume SotO strikes will never get rewards to even make them worth repeating? Should we assume 49k DPS scourge is here to stay until october?

Edited by Shiyo.3578
  • Like 19
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 9
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Krajtin.8956 said:

First. Blizzard is bigger. Second, they are developing another project

You don't need to be a company as big as Blizzard to have at least a little respect for your players and respond about bug fixes, not just when they praise a fairly mediocre DLC.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 6
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 2

Just now, Arianth Moonlight.6453 said:

I rather having them fix things than wasting time making posts that will be used against them anyways...

They aren't doing that either, it's also different people. The producer does not code the game.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 8
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Shiyo.3578 said:

They aren't doing that either, it's also different people. The producer does not code the game.

yeah, but the people in charge of the game need to communicate with someone. That someone comes here and tells us what the devs are doing, and then the players use that communication to claim that the devs lied to us.

• Like 3
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Shiyo.3578 said:

Even Blizzard routinely talks on twitter, forums, and has streams talking about the game.

They do? Where? Blizzard is the king of "we need to communicate better" and then proceeds to ignore their forums and rarely says anything of worth on twitter (matches the platform) and their streams are laughable at best, they could have a 2-hour stream and nothing of value will have been said or gained from it i.e. their last Diablo 4 stream.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Zero developer responses, blog posts, twitter posts, forum posts, or any interaction with the player base since SottO released

False: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discover/6/

22 minutes ago, Shiyo.3578 said:

Should we expect no bug fixes(you keep fixing bugs but they're still broken multiple...)?

So you somehow think bug fixes don't count because other bugs exist? I also don't understand how you can ask "should we expect no bug fixes?" while at the same time you literally write "you keep fixing bugs". If you know they keep fixing bugs then it looks you know it's an ongoing thing, which makes further bugfixing rather... expected, doesn't it?
https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/135419-game-update-notes-august-22-2023/#comment-1968833

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, SpyderArachnid.5619 said:

I think they are looking more for actual responses about feedback, not just Rubi saying, "We are looking into it/they are working on a fix" over and over. Because that's all those responses are.

Perhaps.  That is still more than "zero" responses.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

5 minutes ago, SpyderArachnid.5619 said:

I think they are looking more for actual responses about feedback, not just Rubi saying, "We are looking into it/they are working on a fix" over and over. Because that's all those responses are.

So looking into something and working on a fix isn't also an acknowledgement of feedback? I guess OP should click "follow" in Rubi's profile and then they won't miss anything that's posted.

Here's an example from ~1h ago:

Where we're literally told someone's listening and taking action. What other affirmation is needed here? Either OP is actually interested in those responses, so he'll follow profiles accordingly and read them all or he'll just keep making threads like this one claiming nobody says anything.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

The devs do not interact on the forums except on extremely rare circumstances. Feedback is read by Rubi and cascaded back and any issues like known bugs are communicated by her in return. Also, there seems to be an expectation they’d respond at weekend, which is def never going to happen unless the game isn’t working

It would be nice for more engagement and interaction, but the bridges are long since burnt 

Edited by Randulf.7614
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Sobx.1758 said:

So looking into something and working on a fix isn't also an acknowledgement of feedback? I guess OP should click "follow" in Rubi's profile and then they won't miss anything that's posted.

That's exactly what I was talking about. It's just a "We are looking into it/they are working on a fix" response. I've been through the devtracker as well and have seen all the responses since releases. They are all the same thing.

• Like 3
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, SpyderArachnid.5619 said:

That's exactly what I was talking about. It's just a "We are looking into it/they are working on a fix" response. I've been through the devtracker as well and have seen all the responses since releases. They are all the same thing.

And that's also what I mean: What else do you expect? A different poem about how feedback is feedback each time they answer to threads? We know they read/react. Pretty sure that was the complaint here and pretty sure the responses we get show they read/react.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

Just now, Sobx.1758 said:

And that's also what I mean: What else do you expect? A different poem about how feedback is feedback each time they answer to threads? We know they read/react. Pretty sure that was the complaint here and pretty sure the responses we get show they read/react.

I don't expect anything more. I've been playing this game since the beginning. I know how Anet is. This is typical Anet on these forums.

My original post was trying to clear up what the OP was looking for in regards to a response from Anet. Bug report responses seem to not be good enough for them, they want responses on the actual feedback. Meaning the discussions that have been going on, not just bug reports.

• Like 1
  • Confused 6

6 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Where we're literally told someone's listening and taking action. What other affirmation is needed here? Either OP is actually interested in those responses, so he'll follow profiles accordingly and read them all or he'll just keep making threads like this one claiming nobody says anything.

And what has changed after this response? You do realize that this mini-dungeon has been bugged since its release? Do you think anything will fundamentally change after this answer? And the response itself is pure fluff, without specifics: "Oh, we're sorry and some teams are already looking into it, thanks for buying SotO, we hope you enjoyed it".

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Antrix.4512 said:

And what has changed after this response?

Do you think devs read a piece of feedback and pull a magically-sourced solution out of their hat? You can either take a post about "we understand this is an issue and we're working on it" or you can take NO RESPONSE and keep guessing whether or not anyone listens or attempts to fix anything (and that second option seems to be what OP somehow thinks is happening now, even though it's evidently not true). OP wants acknowledgement. Acknowledgement is pointed out. Now you come out with a responses that it doesn't matter there's acknowledgement because... there was no instant solution provided? That doesn't make sense. That's not how any of this works, anywhere, ever -unless it absolutely breaks the software, but incredibly often not even then.

13 minutes ago, SpyderArachnid.5619 said:

My original post was trying to clear up what the OP was looking for in regards to a response from Anet

Ok, meanwhile I don't think you're correct about it, seeing how OP says there are no responses on the forum since soto release (which is false) and literally asks a weird question about "not expecting bug fixes", so not sure how acknowledgement of bug/s and assurement they're working on them is supposed to not be a valid response here. Seems to be directly ticking both of these boxes.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

Just now, Sobx.1758 said:

Do you think devs read a piece of feedback and pull a magically-sourced solution out of their hat?

No, I don't think so. I don't believe they'll roll out a magical solution to the problem, especially since they haven't been able to do anything at all since this mini dungeon release.

• Like 3
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Do you think devs read a piece of feedback and pull a magically-sourced solution out of their hat? You can either take a post about "we understand this is an issue and we're working on it" or you can take NO RESPONSE and keep guessing whether or not anyone listens or attempts to fix anything (and that second option seems to be what OP somehow thinks is happening now, even though it's evidently not true). OP wants acknowledgement. Acknowledgement is pointed out. Now you come out with a responses that it doesn't matter there's acknowledgement because... there was no instant solution provided? That doesn't make sense. That's not how any of this works, anywhere, ever -unless it absolutely breaks the software, but incredibly often not even then.

This is a bug that has been reported for over a year and a half. Are you telling me that we shouldn't expect them to magically source a fix within that time frame? There are bugs that have still not been fixed since the beginning of the game. But now this bug in particular is coming back to bite them in the backside, and we should be grateful that they are looking into it again after all this time, instead of coming up with a magical solution to fix it (even though they've had over a year and a half to fix it)?

• Like 4
  • Confused 5

It's weird I was just thinking the exact opposite of OP. I'll preface this by saying anet has set the bar incredibly low, but their response to player concerns has improved dramatically over the years. In less than a week since release, we've had four new builds, one at the end of every work day since the expac dropped. All of those builds addressed player concerns. Concerns that have yet to be addressed have received the "we're aware of it" response. If they noticed and replied to concerns about player difficulty completing one specific daily, I'm betting they didn't accidentally overlook the seventy-three other threads complaining about dailies generally . . .

Be assured that many players will not like some of the solutions anet provides for some of these concerns, but it's incorrect to claim that they have not received a response . . .

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1