You guys made everything easier. Disrespect for old players.

20 hours ago, bexo.9408 said:

I'm so confused by this sentiment. Community of slackers? Last I checked, I've got to spend more time working just to pay the bills, while my gen x mom was able to live off of minimum wage.

Wasn't your generation treated the same exact way by your parents? Why be the exact same way?

Wait gen x kids are now old enough to have kids old enough to play GW2? 🤔

And they were able to live off of minimum wage? That is not something us millennials could/can do >.>

EDIT: disregard, I screwed up my generations, Gen X is the one preceeding Millenials (Gen Y) not succeeding them, therefore nothing wrong with the post I was responding to.

Edited by Lord Trejgon.2809
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, bexo.9408 said:

I'm so confused by this sentiment. Community of slackers? Last I checked, I've got to spend more time working just to pay the bills, while my gen x mom was able to live off of minimum wage.

Wasn't your generation treated the same exact way by your parents? Why be the exact same way?

I was thinking the same exact thing. I'm sitting here running around between one job (sometimes even two), while my mother sits around and complains how people my age doesn't do anything. Take note, I'm paying twice the amount of anything she had to pay for as a teenager.

People really need to stop with the ageism argument, it makes you look old, withered, and bitter.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Hadi.2430 said:

Again as i posted before 

Soo won meta : Wtf anet you don't care about casual players.

Amnitas Meta : Wtf anet this is easy

Make game grindy : Wtf anet you becoming like wow and everything expensive u care about old players only

Make game less grindy :Wtf anet you don't care about veterans anymore 

This community lol i can never understand it.

This needs to be pinned. I never saw a more accurate representation of a community.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Eater of Peeps.9062 said:

I'm not making anything up. Not only has my bifrost become equivalent to a run of the mill exotic at this point, but the armor I crafted 1 month ago cost me more resources and mats than it would if I crafted it today because of the starter kit gift I received. I lost money. Giving me and everyone else recipes and precursors and mats (might/magic/etc) does not negate my complaints that it cost me more to make my armor than it would today. So I lost money and mats, but also my bifrost is no longer exclusive and a reward, it's just another easy to get skin. All my work/time/resources/mats that went into making my armor and weapons now mean nothing, have lost value, and cost me more. I resent it. Anet could easily fix it at no detriment to anyone. I guess I'll just trash my weapon. I won't be buying skins or other stuff, cuz it likely won't have any value soon either. Y have titles too? I didn't realize that exclusivity and rewards were never part of the anet community plan. But I've learned a good lesson as a longstanding player. My stuff is old and not valued and not worth anything so I'll jut give it all away like anet just did and I won't make that mistake again. OK I get it now. Did I understand your analysis correctly? I know wvw armor is still time gated exclusive, but the mats cost less and my old school weapons (of which I only have 2 and was quite proud of after 11 years) are now everywhere, mean nothing and are as cheap as any other third rate skin. Oh boy, ur right, my logic just isn't sound and I should feel happy and satisfied ... but I don't. 

I would make a legendary because i like the skin. I would craft legendary armor because of easy free of cost statswap. But you made all as a show-off if i understand it correctly. Be happy with your legendary armor. I dont have that. 

if its important to show-off maybe guildwars 2 is not the best place for you. Or another game. Games can be nerfed. But take a body builder as example, if you work muscle for 10 years then you can show-off better then in a game. Because ppl who just start building muscle just have to be patient to reach that goal. It would be a better show-off because you cant speed up in a healthy way. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Eater of Peeps.9062 said:

Why not? How is my suggestion harmful? I'm not opposed to freebie stuff or boosts. I'm not asking for freebies, but even if I was it is no more advantageous to me than to new players. I'm asking that my instantly devalued items be made whole to me in some way or that I be reimbursed. The items have exclusivity value if nothing else, surely u can appreciate that minor fact if nothing else.

For the same reason you're asking for them?  You asked me earlier how anyone else would feel slighted if you got free stuff; why do you feel slighted that someone else is getting something easier than what you got it?  Unless something has been removed from your gear, then its intrinsic value has not decreased.  If it is doing the same things now that it did when you earned it, and it hasn't been nerfed by an overall nerf, regardless of whether others can get it easier or not, then others getting it easier has absolutely no effect on you, other than your ego.

You see, you asked me earlier how I know you haven't helped me, which goes to further my point; I don't know, and that was my point.  You don't have any character build guides that I am following religiously, because I don't use them.  You haven't sold me anything to build my Legendary gear, because I don't have any, and as I stated earlier, for what I actually do in game, I don't need any.  You haven't saved me from any bosses, because I haven't been up against any, they're not why I'm here playing.  I'm here because I don't have to fight them to be able to effectively play the game, and if I step away for an extended period, which I have from time to time, my gear is no worse off than it was when I got it.  Something that you evidently don't understand, because you think that someone getting it in a way different from how you got it devalues your gear.

I've played the gear treadmills, and I've done progression raiding, and that's why I enjoy this game, I don't have to ride the treadmill, and I don't have to raid if I don't want to, and I don't.  This is, as I stated earlier, my "vacation" from those things.  Everything you've done to secure your gear was done for your benefit.  Don't get that twisted, that's the reason you're supposed to be doing it.  The reason you are insisting that someone else getting it easier than how you did is because you feel slighted, and to come full circle, you don't care if others feel slighted, so long as you get what you want:  free stuff.  As I said, I wouldn't be up in arms over some kind of vet reward program thing, but insisting we need it because we need to be compensated for getting something the "hard" way, while others can now do it easier?  You have the gear already, and that should be all the validation you need.  As we can see, it's not.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Eater of Peeps.9062 said:

I havent seen anyone speaking for you. If what people are complaining about doesn't affect you, and you couldn't care less, y r u here ? Y feel the need to interject if it's a non issue for u? Those of us who r complaining on behalf of old players r doing so on behalf of like minded players of a similar mindset,  viewpoint and position in the game. That should be an obvious given, and not something needing clarification. Y would we be in here advocating on behalf of people who don't agree with us? That makes no sense.  If you dont agree, say so, and say y, if u r so inclined, but don't deflect from our arguments or devalue our complaints by asserting that it doesn't apply to you or everyone... if it doesn't apply to you go enjoy the game. No one said everyone agrees and no one said what we say is something everyone feels or agrees with. Your pointing out you have no interest in this issue and you are not affected by our views adds nothing, not even opposition, it simply states the obvious that our complaints are not everyone's complaints. So what? Deflection, and not helpful. I have yet to see any reason y compensating vet players somehow for their now unnecessary gold expenditures would not solve everything and hurt no one. 

There is no reason to waste time compensating anyone who already achieved these goals in the past. They got exactly what they worked for and, presumably, have been enjoying it for all this time. Let the dev's focus on new content and move forward. This game already has a ridiculous amount of value for the cost. No need to "re-reward" past accomplishments.

My goodness, you could have summarized that text wall. Good grief 😳

16 hours ago, Casskade.7152 said:

I welcome new players who joined with this latest expansion - new players is never a bad thing

Indeed, they keep it fresh and lively.

I created a new char yesterday and while doing the first hearts, on the beginner's map, two players came to me and one whispered if they could see my dragon again xD
(they meant the skyscale I was using to rush from one heart to the other; aurene prismatic skin)
They were mesmerized by it.
(I've seen it so often that it doesn't have that effect on me anymore)

That was cute.

I hope they play long enough to get their own skyscale... erm dragon.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Lucy.3728 said:

Indeed, they keep it fresh and lively.

I created a new char yesterday and while doing the first hearts, on the beginner's map, two players came to me and one whispered if they could see my dragon again xD
(they meant the skyscale I was using to rush from one heart to the other; aurene prismatic skin)
They were mesmerized by it.
(I've seen it so often that it doesn't have that effect on me anymore)

That was cute.

I hope they play long enough to get their own skyscale... erm dragon.

Yes, my kids are real excited about their new "dragons" too. I am so happy it is easier to get now. They are having a blast!

• Like 2

I personally don't feel "disrespected" at all. I've played this game since early access. I don't mind them making some things easier to obtain - it's a game, not a job. I know what it took to get some of the items, achievements, challenges when I did them, and I'm happy with them and most importantly the accomplishment I had when I did them. For me, THAT is where the value is. My experience. Another persons experience doesn't diminish mine. Their joy and enjoyment doesn't diminish mine. If anything I love seeing other people get things that make them happy, and have easier access to content.

You also want to keep the game going, and have new players enjoy it too. 

• Like 3

We don't want to drive vets away either, do we?

If they need a break, yes "we" do.

One may need a bit distance from the game to remember that it is a game. No matter what one earned here it doesn't matter. It has no worth. It isn't real.
One only put time into it, and when one regrets putting time into it then one may take the game too serious.

You basically ask for a compensation for your time spent in the game. Forgetting that you had fun while whatever you earned yourself. Well in the best case you had fun, as it should be.

The gap between newbie and veteran shouldn't be 5 years playing until the new player has the possibilities, tools and access in the same kind as the vets.

• Like 3

Lol what a clown. Idk why these old players want to play alone so badly but it's called guild wars TWO anyway there will be a 3 it wasn't even made to last this long they have just been successful at sucking enough from the players with their store and ZERO obtainable cool kitten from game. Bout time they give a little something and he'll yeah it should be free. Games without subscriptions will always be last place, greedy and full of poor chodes who like you who get angry because you played the game too kitten much. Do you throw a fit every time you buy something then it's on sale later? Shut up and sit down. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

From the TOS:

User Agreement

Last Updated: August 17, 2022

This User Agreement governs your Use of our Services. Each time you Use the Services or otherwise indicate your consent, you agree to the terms of this User Agreement. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS OF THIS USER AGREEMENT, DO NOT USE THE SERVICES.

[...snip...]

1.4.3 Virtual Goods.

We may make Virtual Goods available for Use within the Services. We do not sell any right or interest in the Virtual Goods to you, and there is no exchange of goods nor transfer of ownership. You do not own Virtual Goods. Subject to your compliance with this User Agreement, we grant you a limited license to the Virtual Goods to enhance your Use of the Services. Virtual Goods have no cash value and do not accrue interest. Virtual Goods may only be redeemed for goods and services within the Services and cannot be otherwise redeemed or sold. We may offer Virtual Goods in a variety of ways (e.g., for money, NCoins or through promotions). Except as otherwise provided in Sections 7 or 8 below or prohibited by law, we may restrict, discontinue, modify, devalue, or remove Virtual Goods from any Account or from the Services; remove or disassociate Virtual Goods from any Account; and establish any other reasonable additional restrictions related to Virtual Goods.

That last sentence is key: "we may restrict, discontinue, modify, devalue, or remove Virtual Goods."

If you don't like it, the all-caps line from the TOS above provides your remedy.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

As someone who has put 10s of 1000s of hours into GW1 and even more into GW2 since day 1 that GW2 released, I whole heartedly disagree with this noob OP. I appreciate all the removal of the stupid grinding because it does nothing but just discourage me from playing. It empowers me to decide "I think I will main a different profession this expansion" and then actually be able to do it without having to waste soooooooo much time not enjoying the game just to get to the fun part. I'd rather quit than go through the grind again and it enables my friends who are new to the game to join me. The only parts I agree with are 

. Improve the Marketing of the game.

. Improve existing content (Raid, Fractal, Open world).

The game could use better marketing, and the game needs more raids. After beating EoD, raids were the only reason I would get on. I also can't stand fractals because the idea of them is literally "do the exact same snippets of content over and over and over until you want to bash your head into your desk."

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

On 8/29/2023 at 1:00 AM, Das Boot.9627 said:

And to make matters worse, you're almost giving away a legendary weapon from the 1st generation through the Vault, what's the point of that? Is it for people to forget how poor and weak this update was? because the price paid was almost that of a Full Price dlc.

They locked this one behind the SoTo paywall, so the answer seems pretty clear. 

I don't disagree with you that they have made the game easier but I don't mind if it keeps players entertained and logging in.  I don't want the game to die and every MMO has to deal with a declining playerbase at some point so I give them credit for at least trying something.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Does that matter? If, so, Why?

Are u trying to insult me again? Y r u OK with that behavior? I haven't insulted u. Is anet OK with u insulting me personally ... idk.

Give yourself a hug you seem to need it.

The only thing I dislike about new content releases as of recently is they won't fix the old bugs and issues that have been an issue for years, yet they're scrambling to make new content. Some of that was just adding new skills to mounts, like the Skimmer diving, and now apparently the Skyscale breathes fire. But the new Skyscale skill isn't available to unlock unless you bought the new "expansion" which is incomplete. Bit of a slap in the face to older players who purchased all previous expansions and content to get the mounts and complete them. I'm not paying 25$ USD just so my Skyscale can have a new skill. I didn't buy the latest expansion because I felt it was too fast and possibly rushed, which people didn't like about End of Dragons. But alas, I still play though not as often as I use to. I feel the game may be in trouble soon, if it isn't already.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

24 minutes ago, Eater of Peeps.9062 said:

I completely agree with everything you said. However, my point remains. Anet could easily, and with no harm or insult to anyone, reward ther veteran players to avoid Disrespect or hurt feelings. I am not rich with in game gold, or in real life, but I would be much much much more inclined to open my wallet then.

Hmm.  Why would anyone's feelings be hurt by something like this?  The obvious answer is "it bruises my ego that someone got something easier/cheaper than I did".  I also have to wonder, did you feel disrespected and have your feelings hurt when someone did what you did to obtain these rewards, but did it faster than you?  Were you looking for ways to assuage your ego then too?  Because let's be honest here; there is no inherent disrespect being shown to veteran players here, and there's no other reason to have one's feelings be hurt that someone got something easier other than a bruised ego.  No game devs should ever have to build content around that, or structure rewards around that.

• Thanks 5
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Eater of Peeps.9062 said:

You, contrary to others, have actually raised some interesting points worth closer consideration.

The fact that my gen 1 legendary has better stats does make it valuable, both in terms of play and in terms of expense. That's why valuation issues are important here. First, now everyone can easily play with enhanced stats, rendering my initial effort and purchase as well as my continued use of this weapon meaningless (tho admittedly there's nothing stronger available) since now everyone will have it with both minimal effort and minimal expense. OK. But the skin, also part of the main appeal of this product has been rendered ubiquitous along with its stats/use. So now there's nothing special about it. It's just another ubiquitous skin, that I can change stats on (like ascended gear using available tools), that everyone will have with minimal effort or gold, rendering it, in a very short period of time, with little value... hence my comparison to exotics. These legendaries were expensive because they were desirable for their stats and skins, which have now been made ordinary (everyone gets the same skin/stats). This upsets me as it disproportionately affects players like myself who worked hard and spent alot to get them.

As to your point about my legendary armor being rendered devalued because of the starter kit gift, you are right. I stand corrected. I looked into it more closely, and I am wrong on this point and was wrong in my assessment of the functionality of the kit as it applies to legendary armor and I am sorry if I misled or confused others with my misunderstanding in this regard. 

As to your final point, I disagree and still stand firm on my assessment and disappointment. I have 8 pieces of legendary gear that I paid a fortune for, mostly via in game play garnering mats, but also in game gold earned and occasional purchases in jy 11 years of playing gw2. This is very hard bought gear for me of which I was proud (I only just recently made my character look the way I wanted her to after 11 years ... I must be doing something wrong, as this is all I have to show gear-wise after 11 years (most of my alts are in exotics or patched together ascended armor with shared ascended or my 2 legendary weapons). While I do not begrudge making it easier for others to get it and would not want anyone to have to grind like I did to get it, by making it easier to craft it without in any way acknowledging in-game my efforts to get it or my devotion to the game, and by making it devalued by making it ubiquitous and leveling the playing field, literally, I remain affected and disappointed. And you are right, I have gear which was worth 1000s of in-game gold no longer is (and I'm pretty sure my wvw gear is account bound anyway). In any event, the scarcity and exclusiveness (because of the scarcity for reasons stated above) of my gen 1 weaps has been nullified. I am sad and would like something to acknowledge my efforts. Wheres the harm in that suggestion?  No one addresses this.

I'll address it. I've thought about it more over the course of the day. I think this is something a special title could address. I like the "Twice Told Legend" title for example. I'd be on board with something like this but have no suggestion on the parameters for getting it.

• Haha 1