"Keep It Up" achievement

It's an achievement in Wizards Tower in which you have to guide a bouncing ball through the tower always standing in the next white circle that appears where the bouncing ball lands. It's actually a nice minigame.

BUT: The minigame applies to everyone in the open world and everyone can start the minigame for everyone. The ball keeps bouncing as long as at least one person is standing in the circle, even if you are not in the circle yourself. And sometimes the circles are so far apart that you don't even manage to get to all the circles yourself in time. And sometimes someone randomly starts the minigame on a failed attempt before we've managed to get back to the beginning.

Do you need a squad of 50 players for this, all of whom are already in position? Do you also get success if the ball comes to the end even if you weren't in all the circles yourself? What strategy did you use to achieve success?

• Haha 1

Just now, Zok.4956 said:

Do you also get success if the ball comes to the end even if you weren't in all the circles yourself?

Hmmm... when I wrote the above forum text, my character was standing in the chamber for a long time in a position where a white circle always appears. And I just got the achievement.

So just standing in one white circle is enough and it's a very leecher-friendly achievement.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

You always see 2 white circles (the "bouncing points") ahead of the ball's current position, one big circle indicates the next bounce, and a smaller one further indicates the bounce after the next. Since everyone always tries to get the next bounce and will most likely get it, you can just head to the follow up to make sure someone's already ready to catch the ball and basically stay ahead of the pack. You'd only catch every other bounce instead of pointlessly trying to get all of them and it's much safer that way, especially when the ball hops over a short wall where you have to use a mount to cross which takes additional time and most people don't have the reaction time for that.

Edited by PyaKura.4895
typo
  • Like 2

I've found that a group of 10+ people is optimal. You do not have to start the event to get credit. The good strategy is to have people run ahead and leap-frog the bounce spots. Also, the mini game gets harder near the end, especially at the stairs/ledges/shrubs. It might be worth your time to have a couple of people pre-staged at these spots.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Zok.4956 said:

Do you need a squad of 50 players for this, all of whom are already in position?

It can be done comfortably with 2-3 players. 

11 hours ago, Zok.4956 said:

Do you also get success if the ball comes to the end even if you weren't in all the circles yourself?

I helped with one attempt and it failed near the end.  The group decided to do it again while I did something else in the instance and I got credit.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

Fairly easy, but the end has some very weird bounces if you don't know the path.

Generally, get 3 people involved *or more as it goes on* and as somebody else said, one person goes to the big circle, another runs ahead to the next bounce. This ensures it keeps going on the longer gaps or the up and down parts.

Got this done yesterday after noticing a LFG group posting.. joined them and we had 10-15 players all working together to get it done.. you can see several circles ahead and had people leapfrogging ahead to make sure they were all covered....made for easy work.    trying this solo?  yeah don't bother, will just leave you frustrated!

53 minutes ago, neighto.7386 said:

trying this solo?  yeah don't bother, will just leave you frustrated!

Yeah, don't bother with it solo.  I got in a pug running it.  Just join in.  You can also "Keep It Up" while being on a mount.

Edited by Sticky.2653

Can be done solo. I really suggest doing it on skyscale or griffon if doing so, but even then it's going to be frustrating. With several people (you don't need many - have done it with like 5 people total recently) to help it goes way better, especially if you organize around some people covering the more difficult parts of the course. Anyone that bounces the ball even once gets the achieve on success, so there's no need to do everything yourself.

• Confused 2