is there a way to not need to keep hold of the RMB while moving

it's hurting my hands to need to grip the RMB to choose my player's direction all of the time. 

Is there setting to change this so I don't need to constantly grip the right mouse button, but can still use the mouse to direct where my character faces/is headed

thanks 🙂

16 minutes ago, XSevSpreeX.2143 said:

You could try using action camera.

Alternatively, I believe holding LMB has the same effect or you could try remapping the function to a key, assuming that's an option. 

i think LMB moves the camera around the character, which is useful when you want to see the front of your character

action camera, i will look into that thanks

not sure what key would be convenient to remap it too, but I'll think on that too

There are computer mice that will largely solve sore hands / RSI problems with traditional computer mice.

I use the 3M / Anir vertical mouse that you hold as a joystick and it helped me a lot. It works fine with GW2 as well, as long as you don't demand extra buttons of the mouse. It just has left and right click.

3M / Anir EM500GPL / EM500GPS (Large/small) Buy secondhand if you need because it may be out of stock with retailers.

https://www.google.com/search?&q=anir+mouse

Edited by TheQuickFox.3826
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, willow.8209 said:

it's hurting my hands to need to grip the RMB to choose my player's direction all of the time. 

Is there setting to change this so I don't need to constantly grip the right mouse button, but can still use the mouse to direct where my character faces/is headed

thanks 🙂

You can change A and D from "Strafe Left/Right" to "Turn Left/Right" in the game's Control Options, if this is more to your liking.

• Confused 1

I recommend action camera.

I use a confusing mix of movement controls for different situations, but when I'm going 'long' distances I turn on action camera and auto-run and then I just have to move the mouse to change direction but don't have to hold down any buttons so it doesn't hurt my hand. I have both auto-run and action camera bound to extra buttons on my mouse so it's easy to turn them on and off, but keyboard keys work just as well.

If I remember correctly when you have auto-run turned on or you're holding down the forward key holding the right button will turn the camera and the character and holding the left button will just turn the camera, but it might be the other way around.

• Like 1

I'm trying to migrate some of my actions to my right hand since atm, my left hand is in charge of movement, fight skills, etc., so I end up mouse clicking fight skills instead of using a keystroke. Also I have to look down at the keyboard to use some of the skills especially the ones on the right hand side of the keyboard.

So I bought a gaming mouse with extra buttons and trying to finesse my setup. It's heavier than my old mouse and a little bigger, too. 

while examining my settings, I did learn special action key is bound to -
which is a good thing to know

So I now have action camera set to toggle on/off with capslock. Still trying out different combinations of what to bind to the mouse keys.

11 hours ago, TheQuickFox.3826 said:

There are computer mice that will largely solve sore hands / RSI problems with traditional computer mice.

I use the 3M / Anir vertical mouse that you hold as a joystick and it helped me a lot. It works fine with GW2 as well, as long as you don't demand extra buttons of the mouse. It just has left and right click.

3M / Anir EM500GPL / EM500GPS (Large/small) Buy secondhand if you need because it may be out of stock with retailers.

https://www.google.com/search?&q=anir+mouse

I think they now sell vertical mice with extra buttons. I didn't get one like that because my old horizontal mouse was working okay, and the last time I bought an alternative design ergonomic mouse it hurt my thumb instead of my wrist (trackball mouse) 🙂 

I think my particular pain is more muscle fatigue and poor tendons than a nerve issue.\

Thanks for the idea, that joystick design seems neat and might work out for other readers. 

• Like 1