Class fantasy, powercreep, build diversity and homogenization.

Arthelad.5418

On 9/11/2023 at 2:00 AM, Dawdler.8521 said:

*25K dps.

Just for better accuracy (25K was probably on the highest end too, ~20k more normal).

And largely based on video analysis of totally optimized groups since DPS meters were not allowed in the game, so it wasn't even a very good calculation, either.

Most average players were realistically probably hovering around 15k on a good day.

And this has all happened without changing the level cap or anything like that.  We're just casually dealing like 3x the damage because of raw powercreep of existing systems. 

Which is why adjacent systems are all failing.

12 hours ago, DeceiverX.8361 said:

Most average players were realistically probably hovering around 15k on a good day.

It's not like average players are dealing 45k in instances, let's not claim that an average player has tripled its dps since HoT.

12 hours ago, DeceiverX.8361 said:

And this has all happened without changing the level cap or anything like that

Players got better, an average player is much better now than an average player during HoT.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

12 hours ago, rotten.9753 said:

It's not like average players are dealing 45k in instances, let's not claim that an average player has tripled its dps since HoT.

Players got better, an average player is much better now than an average player during HoT.

Okay fair, 2.5x the damage.  Since my understanding is most players hover around 20% under the optimal these days. 

I was referring to pre-HoT.  HoT was the first domino which began skyrocketing a lot of damage.  But let's be honest and say right now nobody was *really* comping DPS for dungeons and early-days fractals except speedclear groups, anyways.  That 15k number was already pushing for more than people cared to bother with.

And I refuse to believe players are really any better than pre-HoT considering the mass exoduses of skilled multi-mode players we've faced in the competitive modes.  The information just got better for people to copy and paste the objectively superior builds, the community got more toxic and exclusive for it, and ANet bent the knee to balancing PvE damage output, which is the figure for what is being referenced as it stands.

Either way, the powercreep is a problem because the rest of the game isn't built to handle damage much more than those old numbers.  It's been bursting at the seams in competitive literally since HoT, even after so much of it got nerfed for being vastly overpowered.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, DeceiverX.8361 said:

Okay fair, 2.5x the damage.  Since my understanding is most players hover around 20% under the optimal these days. 

I was referring to pre-HoT.  HoT was the first domino which began skyrocketing a lot of damage.  But let's be honest and say right now nobody was *really* comping DPS for dungeons and early-days fractals except speedclear groups, anyways.  That 15k number was already pushing for more than people cared to bother with.

And I refuse to believe players are really any better than pre-HoT considering the mass exoduses of skilled multi-mode players we've faced in the competitive modes.  The information just got better for people to copy and paste the objectively superior builds, the community got more toxic and exclusive for it, and ANet bent the knee to balancing PvE damage output, which is the figure for what is being referenced as it stands.

Either way, the powercreep is a problem because the rest of the game isn't built to handle damage much more than those old numbers.  It's been bursting at the seams in competitive literally since HoT, even after so much of it got nerfed for being vastly overpowered.

well said

• Confused 6

• 2 weeks later...

I stepped into WvW and it is beyond my imagination; Bad Design and Toxicity are in full control and controlling the game mode, repeatedly One shots by every Professions, hackers happily teleporting everywhere, aoe vomits are spread out everywhere on the ground, non stop pulling at 900-1500 range, Stealth Mechanic One Shotting players, non stop spamming Bad Design Mechanics, Skills....

Once And All, Anet I Implore You To Shut Down 11 Years+ Fail WvW Game Mode And Accept The Loss To Captivate, Promote, Encourage  A Healthy Competitive Exciting Gaming Experience For The Players And For Their Experience

WvW game mode is past due its expiration shut down Termination date.....Do It Now!!

Thank You! in advance 

Burnfall

Edited by Burnfall.9573
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 7

On 9/15/2023 at 4:07 PM, starlinvf.1358 said:

Counter Strike?   perfectly balanced. we all despise the AWP the same way. 

CS is actually balanced by being not perfectly balanced. 

Ancient, for instance, is +9% CT favored, while Anubis is -9% CT.  

At any/all skill levels, you find very few maps that dont greatly favor either T or CT by a large margin. 

On 9/24/2023 at 11:03 PM, DeceiverX.8361 said:
On 9/24/2023 at 11:03 PM, DeceiverX.8361 said:

Either way, the powercreep is a problem because the rest of the game isn't built to handle damage much more than those old numbers.  It's been bursting at the seams in competitive literally since HoT, even after so much of it got nerfed for being vastly overpowered

Tbh if they cull boons and stop remaining boons being 100% uptime, they'd fix alot of the problem lol. 

Nothing has introduced Power Creep to near the same scale as the 100% boon uptime + expansion in terms of accessible boons. 

On 9/24/2023 at 11:10 AM, rotten.9753 said:

I have hours upon hours upon hours of very recent memories of people failing absolutely hard and running around like headless chicken, upon encountering the slightest deviation during encounters.
People haven't got better. They just have more burned-in muscle memory now. But holy kitten do they fail hard, when the boss requires dynamic pattern recognition (Looking at you Nikare and Kenut). If anything, pugging has gotten worse over the years. Often even t4 fractals feel like its impossible to clear them with the lfg tool at hand, necessitating waiting until your trained guild squad comes on, consisting of people with WAY lower playtime and achievements point, but who are willing to learn, listen to calls in voice chat and don't believe that the wiki is some kind of elusive buff food.

Edited by Arantheal.7396
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

This is not a Guild Wars 2 killer post or a drill.

This is a reminder that, there are 15 upcoming MMO's; with one pushing out early release this year...Guild Wars 2 need to hurry up and shape up of itself, or be ready to face of new contenders in the Gaming Market, who will have Zero Tolerance for lack of Fantasy, Profession Roles and Identity, Profession Diversity, Lores, for not putting the player experience first and for not investing in their experience in a Healthy, Compettiive, Fun and Engaging way.

All i am saying is, Anet has 15 new contenders whose ready to take on Guild Wars 2 if threads like this including other threads with years of other threads by concern players, are not being taken into consideration and are no resolved in swifly time matter.

Edited by Burnfall.9573
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 8

3 hours ago, Burnfall.9573 said:

This is not a Guild Wars 2 killer post or a drill.

This is a reminder that, there are 15 upcoming MMO's; with one pushing out early release this year...Guild Wars 2 need to hurry up and shape up of itself, or be ready to face of new contenders in the Gaming Market, who will have Zero Tolerance for lack of Fantasy, Profession Roles and Identity, Profession Diversity, Lores, for not putting the player experience first and for not investing in their experience in a Healthy, Compettiive, Fun and Engaging way.

All i am saying is, Anet has 15 new contenders whose ready to take on Guild Wars 2 if threads like this including other threads with years of other threads by concern players, are not being taken into consideration and are no resolved in swifly time matter.

Are these 15 new MMOs in the room with us now?

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, Burnfall.9573 said:

Will this be a gauntlet where they take on GW2 one at a time or a Royal Rumble with everyone wailing on each other all at once?

Edited by Gaiawolf.8261
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Burnfall.9573 said:

A frustrated youtuber, not everyone has what it takes, content creation is not easy.
He has a lot of reasons to not play.

But none of those reasons are facts about the game or it's development/design, they are just the ideas of a frustrated youtuber.

Games do not burnout: You do.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

On 10/11/2023 at 11:21 AM, Burnfall.9573 said:

I stepped into WvW and it is beyond my imagination; Bad Design and Toxicity are in full control and controlling the game mode, repeatedly One shots by every Professions, hackers happily teleporting everywhere, aoe vomits are spread out everywhere on the ground, non stop pulling at 900-1500 range, Stealth Mechanic One Shotting players, non stop spamming Bad Design Mechanics, Skills....

Once And All, Anet I Implore You To Shut Down 11 Years+ Fail WvW Game Mode And Accept The Loss To Captivate, Promote, Encourage  A Healthy Competitive Exciting Gaming Experience For The Players And For Their Experience

WvW game mode is past due its expiration shut down Termination date.....Do It Now!!

Thank You! in advance 

Burnfall

Look just because you don't know how to play wvw to save your life doesn't mean you have the right to call for it to shut down. I thought you had given up on this game a while ago already?

WvW is currently the game mode with the most potential at the moment. So long as the restructuring works out right. It has the widest variety of builds and stats used compared to pve. Hackers are an issue sometimes but I can count the amount I've seen on one hand. So can you please just calm down and stop with all the  sensationalism. 

Edited by Serephen.3420
  • Like 2

On 10/29/2023 at 2:22 AM, Burnfall.9573 said:

Everytime you say this, the mmos mentioned either die or fall out of popularity after a year. Remember when people said BDO will kill GW2? Then Wildstar? Then New World? Then Lost Ark?

And most of the games don't even have a quarter of their population that they once had or in Wildstar's case, it is flat out dead. So when are you going to be right for once? 

• Thanks 1

It's just a stupid idea, probably because of the fatigue, but if relics gave instead of specializations alacrity and quickness (not at the same time) with precise conditions with a CD eventually on it that would allow to play his specialization as he wants. I know this will never happen but I just wanted to talk about it.