PLEASE CONTINUE TITLES!! [Merged]

moeling.6173

Not needed. Not motivator. Not tied to the "time put into the game" if you can just make a char and wait 20 years and then log in once and claim all the previous birthday presents. Better to stop so new players also might be able to catch up. (That actually is a motivator! Or a demotivator if you create a system where it is not possible to catch up - then some might not even start to play because of it.)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Luthan.5236 said:

Not needed. Not motivator. Not tied to the "time put into the game" if you can just make a char and wait 20 years and then log in once and claim all the previous birthday presents. Better to stop so new players also might be able to catch up. (That actually is a motivator! Or a demotivator if you create a system where it is not possible to catch up - then some might not even start to play because of it.)

Different people have different motivations. A new player might want to "catch up", while an older player can feel validated by small gestures like birthday gifts. Some don't care about the "Jennah-rous" gifts, while some get greedy and want more.

Personally, I fall into the "don't care" camp, but I figure a title can't hurt if it makes someone else feel happy.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

The older players have enough to do I think - still a lot of repeatable content in the game. And they already can get lots of stuff to brag with. Yeah: Might be nice to give them an additional title. On the other hand: Not a big deal if it does not happen. While on the side of the new players more might be won by making stuff finishable. 10 years seems a good amount of time and 10 is a nice number.

(+ there are still skin boxes and a set to finish ...)

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Luthan.5236 said:

The older players have enough to do I think - still a lot of repeatable content in the game. And they already can get lots of stuff to brag with. Yeah: Might be nice to give them an additional title. On the other hand: Not a big deal if it does not happen. While on the side of the new players more might be won by making stuff finishable. 10 years seems a good amount of time and 10 is a nice number.

(+ there are still skin boxes and a set to finish ...)

I think you have that backwards. An older player has "been there, done that...", while a newer player still has a whole games worth of content to experience. Plus, this isn't 2007 runescape where having a weird emote or what have you made you an instant celebrity. It's more like peeing your pants irl, a little warm at first, but nobody really wants to see that.

Edited by Westenev.5289
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

I felt kinda bummed that the 11 year birthday gift was so...generic, and it's probably what we're going to get from now on. 😞 I know other people don't care, but it's like, I dunno. I preordered the game (plus all my OG toons haven't been deleted lol) and it'd be nice to have a "Dang gurl you crazy" title/item.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I generally tend to be pro new player in these situations. I like that things like skyscale and leggy armor have gotten easier over time, I'm fine with the daily ap cap, dislike retiring achievements, etc., but there needs to be a place for rewarding the 'original' players as well. And if birthdays aren't that place, where would it be . . ?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Dear Arenanet.......

PLEASE please please please continue giving yearly titles!!!

Literally the ONLY reason I continue playing and don't sell my account is due to yearly titles....

You have seriously messed up with discontinuing yearly titles..my beta friends and I will certainly no longer play. 

It seriously means that much. You are simping for new players :c

• Haha 2
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 3

8 hours ago, Gop.8713 said:

I generally tend to be pro new player in these situations. I like that things like skyscale and leggy armor have gotten easier over time, I'm fine with the daily ap cap, dislike retiring achievements, etc., but there needs to be a place for rewarding the 'original' players as well. And if birthdays aren't that place, where would it be . . ?

And if the change is because of new players, then why did the birthday titles exist in the first place?

Every birthday gives a title? So we have 10~ now? If so I never noticed. 🤷‍♂️I found interesting titles to be pretty rare so it's not often I change mine. 

Actually despite it's many many absolutely massive amount of flaws, I did like how Diablo 4 did titles; letting me mix words together. Not all too interesting here.

Edited by Doggie.3184