test

Whaoz.8630

On 9/9/2023 at 4:02 PM, bluegoon.6918 said:

I'm a professional accredited creative director with multiple international awards, including Cannes, my comments are directed at the developers, not you.  Don't @ me, thank you. 

I haven't been on the forums in quite a while, and I am glad to see there are still comedy posts to be found.

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

On 9/9/2023 at 10:06 PM, Batel.9206 said:

And I am a gamer who likes this game and has been playing it for several years. I like the UI. It is simple and pleasant to look at.

I think the suggestion is not to force change it for everyone, but giving a bit more customization options for those who want it. At least for me, being able to position certain parts of HUD better would be incredible.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 9/10/2023 at 6:53 AM, oCynder.5136 said:

Knowing what auto attack chain you are on if you are not familiar with a class. The pictures are like the same color so it is difficult to know what you are looking at most of the time.

It's not even about not being familiar with a class but more, when you're on a boss with 49 players, it's hard to read what's happening, even when you disable effects from other players. They could draw an ugly white 1/2/3 on the skill 1, it would be better than nothing.

And I have to agree on the fact that we need a way to customize UI, like changing map or chat position.

Edited by Elzo Yell.1784
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

The UI really works very well, but it would be nice to have the option to customize between some options, something more modern, minimalist or even more detailed in the information. (maybe even a UI with a built-in DPS checker) ~DREAM~.
  One aspect of the current UI that bothers me a lot is that all we have to select is a ✔️ followed by text that you have to have pre-memorized. This makes some things in the game, like the Raptor Taxi, horrible to use, as I have to know by memory where Cobble Ward, Grub Lane, etc, is.
  It wouldn't hurt to also have a Strike menu with photos of the bosses we'll fight.
  Among other things that I can't remember now that the   ✔️ checker doesn't help. Over time, we managed to memorize the menus, but it's still not intuitive at all.

But i'm not a professional accredited creative director with multiple international awards, so don't give too much importance to my opinion

Edited by Gladston.4782
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

16 hours ago, Marikus.1875 said:

The use of mods like DBM and Weakauras caused the devs to create encounters that are realistically unmanageable without the addons. The encounters have gotten so convoluted and frankly stupid, that any noob that goes into a raid or even mythic+ dungeon without at the minimum DBM will be at a huge disadvantage compared to someone who does have it.

These addons have automated so much that you literally have a voice screaming in your ear when to move, what to dodge, what to disspell, when to blink, what to think etc. It's stupid. 

It's unnecessary. It has created some serious mechanics bloat. A user without these UI elements flashing on their screen on when to do XYZ is no match for a user that does have it, this is also true in PvP...

thats pretty extreme i agree but thought this treath is about design of ui not addons for stuff.

so just a design variety and maybe a graphics update. nothing what tells u how to play

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

• Forum Moderator.3419 changed the title to How much longer do we have to ride out this awful UI for? [Merged]

I got too annoyed being distracted by the school bus spanning the entire bottom width of my monitor

so instead of playing I made a mockup of how I might arrange my UI if I could.

Tracking cooldowns takes less glances because they're now compact

Health is a shape that's easier to read at smaller levels

xp bar no longer has insecurities, so it doesn't span the entire screen by competing in a pixel measuring contest

it's not everything I'd want but it's a far improvement

Edited by Whaoz.8630
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Ah, yes. Nothing screams perfect ui like the games where you have to use your magnifying glass to see your current icons, story mission, events and achievements. With mini maps that blends in the background. And who would want to properly see your own hp? When you get downed you know you should have healed 2 seconds ago. 👍

9 hours ago, Freya.9075 said:

Ah, yes. Nothing screams perfect ui like the games where you have to use your magnifying glass to see your current icons, story mission, events and achievements. With mini maps that blends in the background. And who would want to properly see your own hp? When you get downed you know you should have healed 2 seconds ago. 👍

I hope ur not talking about my edit cuz I didn't scale anything. do u know what a 2k monitor is?

Edited by Whaoz.8630
IDK WHAT THEYRE TALKING ABT
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

i just wish they would add fixed boon and condition icon locations, and just turn the icon either on or off instead of moving it around. special class-specific buffs like necromancer's soul barbs, which are important to combat, also need to be on their own row.

these small changes would improve combat in the game quite significantly i think.

Edited by SoftFootpaws.9134
  • Thanks 1