Now that ascended items are easily available through Wizard's Vault

Nabbut.7480

14 minutes ago, SpiderZ.9146 said:

it makes little sense to keep them account bound. I think many crafters would be pleased to be able to sell ascended gear and altoholics, new players to buy it.

It's the opposite ... if they are easily available, then it makes no sense to be able to transfer them between characters. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5

1 minute ago, kharmin.7683 said:

Then players wouldn't engage with the Wizard's Vault to obtain it.  They wouldn't have to do dailies to gain AA.  They wouldn't need to play content.  I'd imagine all of these things would run counter to Anet's design choice wrt the Vault.

Looks kinda nonsensical and dyslexical to me. Ascended gear will be sold for over a dozen of gold so it will require at least some gameplay or wallet to get it.

• Like 1
  • Confused 14
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, SpiderZ.9146 said:

Looks kinda nonsensical and dyslexical to me. Ascended gear will be sold for over a dozen of gold so it will require at least some gameplay or wallet to get it.

Also, if it's easily obtainable, why would anyone buy it on TP?

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 4
  • Confused 2

2 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

It's the opposite ... if they are easily available, then it makes no sense to be able to transfer them between characters. 

Another weird opinion, by this logic exotics down to vendor trash should be account bound. And ascended gear isn't soulbound either.

• Like 1
  • Confused 8
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, SpiderZ.9146 said:

Another weird opinion, by this logic exotics down to vendor trash should be account bound. And ascended gear isn't soulbound either.

That doesn't make sense ... you don't wear vendor trash. Again, if it's easily obtainable, it's a low value proposition for Anet to change ascended gear to be sellable. If it's easily obtainable, it's MORE sensible Anet change it so it's soulbound before they make it sellable. 

Making Ascended gear sellable is a poorly thought out suggestion.

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 5
  • Confused 1

22 minutes ago, SpiderZ.9146 said:

it makes little sense to keep them account bound. I think many crafters would be pleased to be able to sell ascended gear and altoholics, new players to buy it.

I don't see how your reasoning here makes any sense. "There's another option to get ascended, so now make it tradable"? Why? Other than you having a bunch of random ascended items you'd want to make gold from, of course.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, SpiderZ.9146 said:

Ascended items from WV are time gated while impatient players shall be able to buy them all at once.

... and Anet would do this because they want to cater to people that engage with the game less?

Ask yourself a question: Why isn't ascended gear sellable in the first place? Why is that VW timegate there? 

The answer to that still applies. Whatever 'little sense' you think it makes to keep ascended gear account bound ... it's still there. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 3
  • Confused 2

2 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

If it's easily obtainable, it's MORE sensible Anet change it so it's soulbound before they make it sellable.

Yeah that's what I am talking about. White gear is easily obtainable so it's MORE sensible Anet change it so it's soulbound before they make it sellable.

• Like 1
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, SpiderZ.9146 said:

Yeah that's what I am talking about. White gear is easily obtainable so it's MORE sensible Anet change it so it's soulbound before they make it sellable.

I know you're talking about ... it's a nonsensical argument. The difference is that white gear is not desirable and ascended gear is. It's absurd that you even make this comparison. You're just phishing for a reason to sell ascended gear. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 7
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

I don't see how your reasoning here makes any sense. "There's another option to get ascended, so now make it tradable"? Why? Other than you having a bunch of random ascended items you'd want to make gold from, of course.

Yes, my thought exactly. I recognize your attempt to villainize me for wanting profit but your weird morals are of no importance to me.

Not only do I have some ascended items I want to sell instead of crazy salvage them, I want to craft them for gold-making purposes as well.

The whole point of barring ascended from TP was to make them hard to get. Now they are not. So reason for restriction is gone.

• Like 1
  • Confused 13
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, SpiderZ.9146 said:

Yes, my thought exactly. I recognize your attempt to villainize me for wanting profit but your weird morals are of no importance to me.

Not only do I have some ascended items I want to sell instead of crazy salvage them, I want to craft them for gold-making purposes as well.

You wanting easy profit from randomly dropped acended gear isn't an attempt to villainize you, it's nothing more than a rather obvious observation. It's not about "morals' either, it's about understanding your reasoning behind this proposal. Proposal that -as I already wrote in my previous post- doesn't make much sense to me, outside of the mentioned attempt to make some easy gold off of something we already have stacked in our inventories.

7 minutes ago, SpiderZ.9146 said:

The whole point of barring ascended from TP was to make them hard to get. Now they are not. So reason for restriction is gone.

Hard? I don't remember crafting my first ascended items being somehow really hard, but it did require gameplay. Also the currently available in VW items are limited (to 3 armor chests per 3 months, I think?) in number AND a choice (consisting of just base stat combinations). So, again, how exactly is that supposed to trample any/every other way of getting ascended gear?

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Hard? I don't remember crafting my first ascended items being somehow really hard, but it did require gameplay. Also the currently available in VW items are limited (to 3 armor chests per 3 months, I think?) in number AND a choice (consisting of just base stat combinations). So, again, how exactly is that supposed to trample any/every other way of getting ascended gear? It just doesn't, because it's rather limited in both number and choice.

Finally an intelligent argument.

You don't know how hard for some players like me it was to level 2 crafting disciplines to 500 and then get all the needed expensive materials. Many players don't even start the crafting because of strong dislike as I gleaned from some map chats. If someone wants to suffer for the sake of challenge there are legendaries, some of which are TP sellable, seeing inconsistency here?

It is not "supposed to trample" anything, it adds a reliable, predictable way of getting ascended akin to crafting but without engaging in it, and logical continuance of this trend is to allow ascended on TP. The point of limited stats is moot as obtained from WV ascendeds can be then rerolled.

• Confused 10
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, SpiderZ.9146 said:

It is not "supposed to trample" anything, it adds a reliable, predictable way of getting ascended akin to crafting but without engaging in it

...but there were already options that did exactly that, without having a limit of 3 armor pieces per 3 months. Stat-change your dropped ascended gear and turn them into notes already 😄

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, SpiderZ.9146 said:

You won't be able to profit from crafting with this change, because all the dropped ascended items will beat the price down to levels were it's highly unprofitable to craft them. It may even ruin some of the still profitable crafting recipes like the daily ascended mats.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Schimmi.6872 said:

beat the price down to levels were it's highly unprofitable to craft them

Exactly, and there are several instances where this is already true; the component materials are often more expensive than just buying the item outright. See symbols/charms for rune/sigil crafting for starters.

Ascended crafting isn't currently broken, so I'd say that fixing it isn't necessary. 🙂 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, samhainsprite.1846 said:

I would buy some. It is hard for me to do some things because my reflexes are slow. I still can't do the mad king clock tower. I need that last Armour piece 

You do know you can just buy and craft those boots from the festival vendor during the festival right?

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Recipe:_Lunatic_Templar_Greaves

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Recipe:_Lunatic_Noble_Boots

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Recipe:_Lunatic_Acolyte_Boots

So 3 candy corn cobs and you will have all 3 of em.

13 hours ago, SpiderZ.9146 said:

Crafting asc gear is cheap AF. It drops everywhere. 

The price on the tp would go down fast. 

My guess would be like 10g max for a piece after a short while. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1