Now that ascended items are easily available through Wizard's Vault

Nabbut.7480

17 minutes ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

Right, which is why they need to take out a lot of ways to get ascended then make them sellable.

Right, that's a totally realistic idea and I'm sure this will happen.

17 minutes ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

This will both reinforce prestige of ascended and give even more value to crafting / mat sinks.  

The problem is all the free ways to get ascended, not that it is craftable or could be sellable.  

Ok. I have to say it's a bit interesting to see you go from "these counterarguments so 🤣" right to "we just need to change the reward system throughout major parts of the game and then those counterarguments will be bad!". Even moreso when the reasoning behind OP's proposal was..... another addition of ascended gear for separate currency. 🤔
Either way you seem to understand how unrealistic this idea is and how the counterarguments you've tried ridiculing aren't exactly false.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Right, that's a totally realistic idea and I'm sure this will happen.

It happens every so often with prophet shards, nothing says they can't rework a few of the currency systems to yield less ascended.  

50 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Ok. I have to say it's a bit interesting to see you go from "these counterarguments so 🤣" right to "we just need to change the reward system throughout major parts of the game and then those counterarguments will be bad!"

Oh yeah, that was specifically towards the 'don't fix what is broken' type arguments because they don't contribute anything, so it made me laugh.

Changing the reward structure is more a counterpoint to the argument that sellable ascended would cause a crash because they are mat sinks, even though many of us have way too many ascended sitting in inventory not because we sunk mats but because they drop from all the places they shouldn't.  

Shouldn't have to use a 1g salvage kit to get maybe 30s out of something; there needs to be other ways to get rid of ascended items (that have value; inb4 just delete them lolol).  

• Confused 2

It's sort of already possible to sell ascended on the TP,  The buyer is just gated by Ascended crafting, because they need to "assemble it themselves."

Once they have 500 crafting, the only thing they need to obtain for themselves is a vision crystal, and 5 laurels to buy the recipe,  the rest of the components are available on the TP.

21 minutes ago, Lambent.6375 said:

and 5 laurels to buy the recipe,

You can also buy ascended recipes in the TP.

Remember for ascended armor/weapons you don't need to craft the stats you want, you can craft any stats and then use ascended stat change to get the ones you want, this is quite often easier and/or cheaper.

PS: Asc. stat change can also be used to turn an (dropped/special) ascended armor/weapon that can not be salvaged to research notes into one that can.

Edited by Dayra.7405
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

Right, which is why they need to take out a lot of ways to get ascended then make them sellable.

This will both reinforce prestige of ascended and give even more value to crafting / mat sinks.  

The problem is all the free ways to get ascended, not that it is craftable or could be sellable.  

Not sure how making ascended easier to get and/or sell-able will "reinforce prestige"?  How prestigious can they be if everyone has easy access?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

17 hours ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

Oh yeah, that was specifically towards the 'don't fix what is broken' type arguments because they don't contribute anything, so it made me laugh.

Oh, ok. I've seen some good arguments and as your response looked like a blanket comment on the responses against the idea, it looked like a bad throwaway "I won't address anything kek". This bit of context made it slightly better. 😄  

Changing the reward structure is more a counterpoint to the argument that sellable ascended would cause a crash because they are mat sinks, even though many of us have way too many ascended sitting in inventory not because we sunk mats but because they drop from all the places they shouldn't.  

Where shouldn't they drop and why? Why is the goal to remove ascended for completing, well, higher end content just so OP can make more money on new players? (or did I somehow misunderstand this reasoning?)

Shouldn't have to use a 1g salvage kit to get maybe 30s out of something; there needs to be other ways to get rid of ascended items (that have value; inb4 just delete them lolol).

I agree that you shouldn't, but -intentionally or not- since eod that useless ascended gear has some value in the form of becoming a rather easy source of solid number of research notes. So... not that useless anymore?

I guess this is true of you consider getting 3 ascended armor pieces every 77 days "easily available".

It's does make gearing your alts in ascended "easier", but with the proper materials and gold available, it can still be done quicker than waiting every 77 days to get 3 pieces....

🤷‍♂️

19 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Where shouldn't they drop and why? Why is the goal to remove ascended for completing, well, higher end content just so OP can make more money on new players? (or did I somehow misunderstand this reasoning?)

I agree that you shouldn't, but -intentionally or not- since eod that useless ascended gear has some value in the form of becoming a rather easy source of solid number of research notes. So... not that useless anymore?

For the first, remove it from most places that aren't Fractals since the main idea behind it is agony slots. 

For the second, you can salvage acended for research notes but that's a pretty bad ROI in comparison to all the other ways to get those; the wiki has more ways--I remember instead salvaging certain exotics and food when I made the aurene bow a few months ago.  

• Confused 2

5 minutes ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

For the first, remove it from most places that aren't Fractals since the main idea behind it is agony slots. 

Ascended also adds stats and there are infusions adding other things than agony. So your assumption that "ascended is just about agony" seems to be incorrect. Ascended isn't strictly needed anywhere besides fractals, true. But it doesn't mean that its main idea are "agony slots".

5 minutes ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

For the second, you can salvage acended for research notes but that's a pretty bad ROI in comparison to all the other ways to get those; the wiki has more ways--I remember instead salvaging certain exotics and food when I made the aurene bow a few months ago.  

Ok, you can salvage for easy research notes or you can keep worrying that you're "not optimizing roi or whatever" and keep trying to argue that there's nothing to do with them just because it's not exactly optimal. But you have what to do with them now, your refusal to do it is your own choice and in that case, keep buying bag slots I guess. 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1

Did y'all learn nothing from diablo 3? They had to literally delete the entire TP feature to make the game feel meaningful again. Long time players feel nothing when they get an asc drop, but for new players it's pretty much the only kind of drop that can possibly give you a sense of satisfaction/reward. Make it tradeable on the TP and it's just junk again.

• Like 2