Revival of dungeons

TheNurgle.4825

So with recent changes to dungeon NPC and possible dungeon rush. What about adding some items to dungeon merchant? For example 1 x Supreme rune of holding for 25k or 50k dungeon tokens. Also some improvements to dungeons so you can not just rush from one boss to next. Rushing is great for veteran players, but it is terrible experience for new players since they have no idea what is happening and mostly die at one point since they don't know where to go.

• Like 3
  • Confused 3

We can ask for no-boon + basic stats debuff (achendant gear don't increase stat) , for high rewards and slow do the game 

Or even less stats +reduced stats for each unllocked Utlitie , + getting debuffed every 3rd attack + lesser boons for cm mode (we dont actually touch dungeon code)

Spoiler

But lets see how Fractals vs Dungeon rush will go :P:PPPP

Edited by Killthehealersffs.8940
  • Like 2
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, TheNurgle.4825 said:

So with recent changes to dungeon NPC and possible dungeon rush. What about adding some items to dungeon merchant? For example 1 x Supreme rune of holding for 25k or 50k dungeon tokens. Also some improvements to dungeons so you can not just rush from one boss to next. Rushing is great for veteran players, but it is terrible experience for new players since they have no idea what is happening and mostly die at one point since they don't know where to go.

i say rework all dungeons and put them into fractals 

• Confused 3

On the subject generally of Reviving dungeons I'll throw out my obligatory idea on this: put them into the Fratcals of the Mists.

Whether or not they become their own subset or they can mingle with the rest of the fractals is another matter. And I know this is way more complex than simply putting them into fractals - besides all the mechanics and integration the dungeons themselves need to be massively reworked.

But guess what? There's a lot of content sitting in those dungeons and it is just languishing there. Is it a big job? Yep. But you've already got the assets, framework and design.

Just because dungeons are 5-man content doesn't mean they should get transformed into fractals. Noone is begging for DRMs to be converted to fractals because of how distinctly different they are.

I personally would only ask for the drops of dungeon trinket recipes to be fixed since some are bugged and don't drop anymore. It's a small fix that doesn't require much of Anet's attention and lets them focus on new content which seems to be their current priority.

If people want to get through the dungeon quickly they can, if people want to go through the dungeon killing everything they can do it. If people want to literally glitch out of the map - and waste more time doing it than fighting enemies - they can do it.

Adding extra items to the dungeon vendors won't magically make dungeons better. Preventing people from going through the dungeon quick also won't make dungeons any more popular, there is a reason only a few dungeons are done often, they are easy and quick.