Will even people who crafted legendary runes after the relic update get progress toward legendary relic?

Jirb.7213

I know people who have crafted legendary runes will be given "significant progress" toward legendary relics once it releases but does that only apply to those who made legendary runes before the relic update or for people who made their legendary runes after it too?

Edited by Jirb.7213

I doubt it'd be after they release. As it stands now if you craft legendary runes you're not losing any functionality. If you crafted them before the changes you *did* lose functionality, so there's nothing to compensate if you craft now.

That being said we probably won't know til the leg relic is released.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5

7 hours ago, Jirb.7213 said:

I know people who have crafted legendary runes will be given "significant progress" toward legendary relix once it releases but does that only apply to those who made legendary runes before the relic update or for people who made their legendary runes after it too?

They either don't know, don't respect us enough to share, or have completely forgot about people that make legendary runes after the legendary relic is released. 

• Like 5
  • Confused 4

Oh? They didn't reduce the material costs of legendary runes ?  They took away the sixth rune "wild card" effect. 

Oh right!  They adjusted the stats on runes so that they would be "equivalent" to that missing "wild card" effect.  They don't look equivalent to me, but that is what Anet believes.

Since Anet is saying that the current adjusted runes are just as powerful as the old version, there will be no materials cost adjustment. 

If you start making legendary runes now, then you can see what the current runes have as stats.  Remember Anet thinks current runes are just as good as the old runes, so there is no need to compensate someone who makes legendary runes after SoTo expansion launched.

• Like 2
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, Mrs Lana.2506 said:

As it stands now if you craft legendary runes you're not losing any functionality. If you crafted them before the changes you *did* lose functionality, so there's nothing to compensate if you craft now.

That sounds very unfair to those who do them now, if the recipe didn't change. They pay the same, or no, now that all the mats got a lot more expensive they even pay more.

Then nobody should get support for the leg relic. The ones who have had it, benefited from it while they had it.

Edited by Lucy.3728
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

4 hours ago, Arianth Moonlight.6453 said:

I was planning to craft them but I have serious doubts about it.

That is a good question, without the extra effects why would folks need to switch between a bunch of rune sets?  If you are going to need to change armor anyway you might as well have legendary armor.  Regular runes pop out of legendary armor just fine.  I suppose legendary runes would save you an inventory slot?  

• Confused 4

54 minutes ago, Zebulous.2934 said:

That is a good question, without the extra effects why would folks need to switch between a bunch of rune sets?  If you are going to need to change armor anyway you might as well have legendary armor.  Regular runes pop out of legendary armor just fine.  I suppose legendary runes would save you an inventory slot?  

well, yeah. Even if you want to try them all to see which one works better, if you already have legendary gear (which I do), you can literally buy every single rune/sigil, try them, pick one, and sell the rest back at the minimum cost.

legendary runes cost, what, 300g each? Multiply that by 7, and add 8 sigils... I think crafting legendary runes is actually a very unwise investment now that I think about it 😕

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Zebulous.2934 said:

without the extra effects why would folks need to switch between a bunch of rune sets

When my wvw char plays pve I adjust my runes. I dont need to do that often.

Apart from that I only use the legendary feature for new armor sets/new chars. But there's no difference from before. Before I didn't change my runes either. Once set I stuck to that. All meta anyway.
I like that I could free an entire bank bag since the legendary runes. And that I don't have to buy runes anymore, dont need to care about prices.
With the sigils I play around way more often than with runes.

The downside of leg sigils, when changing weapons they re gone and have to be set every time again. Thats so annoying because I often switch between gun and great sword on my warrior (main set remains axe axe). I think I'll use the old school sigils again because legendary sucks there. I actually want to carry even more weapons (warrior can use a lot) and that problem would just get worse.

Edited by Lucy.3728

22 hours ago, Jirb.7213 said:

I know people who have crafted legendary runes will be given "significant progress" toward legendary relix once it releases but does that only apply to those who made legendary runes before the relic update or for people who made their legendary runes after it too?

Can't imagine why they would give the progress to people who made them after the announcement. If you make the runes today you know exactly what you've signed up for, people who built them months or years ago got blindsided by the functionality change. The only reason they even announced a legendary relic was because all the people who built legendary runes threw an absolute riot on every outlet they could comment on.

I wouldn't get your hopes up on this one. Legendary runes have not gotten any cheaper after the update, so my suggestion would just be to save your resources for when the relic comes out instead. It doesn't feel worth it to make runes anymore with how insanely expensive and time consuming they are.

Personally, I have been holding off crafting legendary runes. It was actually my next goal after completing my legendary trinkets. Also, having all the legendary armor set, it seems crafting  the legendary runes lost its value to me without the previous 6th bonus effect. Right now, it's either I'll just craft legendary sigils or wait for the legendary relic. 

• Like 1

If they don't want anyone except completionists to have Legendary relics, then I guess they could require people to craft a legendary rune as part of the collection.  Though that would mean that the guy who crafted one L rune would have the same amount of compensation as someone who crafted seven  L runes.  That would ensure that even newly crafted L runes would provide the same compensation as runes crafted pre-expansion.  If Anet wants bad publicity that would do it.

If such a collection requires three or seven Legendary runes, then I would think that only the hardcore compleationists would ever try to obtain Legendary relic post SotU expansion.  "Because you got mad, we made this thing for you. Only for you. We made sure no one else would want to get one."

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, Zebulous.2934 said:

If they don't want anyone except completionists to have Legendary relics, then I guess they could require people to craft a legendary rune as part of the collection.  Though that would mean that the guy who crafted one L rune would have the same amount of compensation as someone who crafted seven  L runes.  That would ensure that even newly crafted L runes would provide the same compensation as runes crafted pre-expansion.  If Anet wants bad publicity that would do it.

If such a collection requires three or seven Legendary runes, then I would think that only the hardcore compleationists would ever try to obtain Legendary relic post SotU expansion.  "Because you got mad, we made this thing for you. Only for you. We made sure no one else would want to get one."

The way to do that would be to offer a collection for crafting legendary runes that would offer a component for legendary relic at each of its 7 stages, with those components also being acquirable outside of that collection.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, SoftFootpaws.9134 said:

i think its pretty likely the legendary runes will be required for the relic collection. this is probably what they mean by "contributing progress"

That would be a cool way to handle it.

8 hours ago, Arianth Moonlight.6453 said:

WHAAAAAAAAT?!

They were 430g/ea when I crafted them in summer this year. I only crafted 6 since I see the breather as a waste item. Hope I won't need 7.

Edited by Lucy.3728
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Zebulous.2934 said:

So the added material sinks are working?  The supplies on the trading post are actually not keeping up with demand? 

That seems odd considering all the complaints about afk farming and/or bots.  

Well, charms always had a limited supply, so Mystic Aspect price spiking as soon as information about legendary relic was revealed was no surprise. The second issue would be ectos - and in this case indeed the overabundance of ecto sinks present in SotO (and stapled on pretty much everything) has a visible impact. Additionally, a probably not-so-insignificant number of active players are now doing SotO content (rifts, metas, achievements etc), and the whole expansion content is extremely unrewarding (which negatively impacts supply).

• Like 3
  • Confused 2