VISION asked me to remember you to give Rift Repair mastery skill to the new Skyscale too :)

Natasjie.9245

28 minutes ago, synk.6907 said:

And Bacon to You, FL! Not sure what you meant with this -- were you claiming that until the achievement "A New Friend" is completed that SoTO Skyscale masteries will not work outside of the Horn of Maguuma maps?

If so, that is incorrect. I haven't bothered to complete the collections, and my "old" skyscale is using updrafts (e.g. HoT maps) and spewing fireballs elsewhere no problem.

They are talking about people who get the new skyscale and dont have the old one.

If they dont finish a new friend they cant use the new skyscale outside of horn of maguma.

15 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

They are talking about people who get the new skyscale and dont have the old one.

If they dont finish a new friend they cant use the new skyscale outside of horn of maguma.

You may need to re-read those two posts -- the first person was asking about needing to do the new skyscale if you have the old, and FL was talking about the potential to need the unlock for those who "unlocked skyscale the old way" to use the masteries.

Edited by synk.6907

19 hours ago, Hennda din Akass.7145 said:

No rift repair means no Legendary Leyline Anomaly hunting, thus no Beetle Saddle and obviously no Beetle. Therefore several map can't be completed because no beetle avail to break walls... and so on, those are but a couple of examples.

Ehh... Rollerbeetle was release with Kourna (LS4 Episode 3). Skyscale (includung rift mastery) was released with Dragonfall (LS4 Episode 6).

The Rollerbeetle does NOT need the rift hunting mastery at all. And the Legendary Ley Anomaly you talk about was released as a side story during LS3.
It's a normal Core Tyria Event...

Please, do your research properly.

On 10/21/2023 at 10:01 PM, Linken.6345 said:

Not sure you have to unlock it to do the new skin collection tho.

That's right. The skin collection is only available after doing the Soto Skyscale collection.
Not possible to start it with only having LS4 Skyscale unlocked.

On 9/19/2023 at 2:46 PM, Natasjie.9245 said:

Unless you want us to conclude that the SotO collection to get Skyscale is a big scam

Wow, that escalated quickly...

No, that rift masteryshould not added to Soto Skyscale, because it has nothing to do with Soto.
The rift mastery is exclusively used for LS4 stuff and Vision is a LS4 legendary.

In short: If you want to get LS4 rewards, do the LS4 stuff.

On 9/19/2023 at 7:27 PM, Zebulous.2934 said:

With so many legendary weapons and armors I would have expected them to add another trinket and ring by now.  I guess legendary relics have got the devs distracted.  Oh well.

Do you forget that we get a whole legendary armor set with Soto? . . .

Edited by kiroho.4738

I post this to shed some light on why i said it the way i said it, because of other debate in the thread (quoted below for reference.)

On 11/14/2023 at 11:43 PM, Forgotten Legend.9281 said:

the SotO masteries ONLY apply to the SotO maps until you complete the unlock achievement. If you're (the person who unlocked Skyscale the old way) okay with NOT being able to use fireball and updrafts and ley line riding everywhere outside of SotO maps, then you're fine.

according to what ANET has said: the SotO masteries do not work outside of SotO until A New Friend achievement is completed... they gave no qualifications: no mention that it's different if you already unlocked Skyscale through LWS4. 

How it actually works: if you unlocked the skyscale through LWS4, then the SotO masteries work with the skyscale you already unlocked, even if you didn't complete A New Friend Achievement.

Based on what ANET said compared to how it actually works: i believe it's a bug that's probably "too complicated to fix", Or that Anet decided it wasn't worth fixing due to the potential negative feedback. I said it the way i said it because, at the time, i fully suspected Anet will remove the "bug." And if Anet removes the "bug", then everyone will need to complete A New Friend Achievement, regardless of the LWS4 unlock status, in order to use the SotO masteries outside of SotO. But that only applies if Anet changes how it currently works. Also, now that 5 months have passed since SotO launched, i doubt that Anet will change it, but the paranoia in me still suspects that eventually they will.

Below is the conversation quoted for refence, as promised

14 hours ago, synk.6907 said:

And Bacon to You, FL! Not sure what you meant with this -- were you claiming that until the achievement "A New Friend" is completed that SoTO Skyscale masteries will not work outside of the Horn of Maguuma maps?

If so, that is incorrect. I haven't bothered to complete the collections, and my "old" skyscale is using updrafts (e.g. HoT maps) and spewing fireballs elsewhere no problem.

13 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

13 hours ago, synk.6907 said:

You may need to re-read those two posts -- the first person was asking about needing to do the new skyscale if you have the old, and FL was talking about the potential to need the unlock for those who "unlocked skyscale the old way" to use the masteries.

referencing a different conversation:

the LWS4 skyscale mastery Repairing the Rifts (or whatever it's called) refers only to the "puzzles" that start by hovering your skyscale on the shimmering purple globe in the air, which results in Volatile magic appearing which leads to a chest. THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO with ley line anomalies, roller beetle, nor rift hunting.

Vision requires the mastery to complete collections because Vision is Legendary reward for LWS4 collections.

Ley Line Anomalies are essentially world boss events classified by ANET under side stories.

Roller Beetle was a LWS4 episode 4 reward (as others have said, released months before Skyscale in LWS4 episode 6)

Rift Hunting was released with SotO, years after LWS4 episode 6, and does not require any LWS4 masteries.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It would probably help if there weren't two different in-game phenomena sharing the same name.

Since they're a lesser-focused feature, I'd vote for renaming the non-SotO rifts to be called "distortions," fractures," or hell even "ham sandwiches;" just anything other than "rifts."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

On 1/8/2024 at 11:12 PM, Teknomancer.4895 said:

It would probably help if there weren't two different in-game phenomena sharing the same name.

Since they're a lesser-focused feature, I'd vote for renaming the non-SotO rifts to be called "distortions," fractures," or hell even "ham sandwiches;" just anything other than "rifts."

It's kinda hard to confuse Reality Rifts with Kryptis Rifts, even their Masteries describe them as entirely different things, they also look wildly different. It's like looking at an E Class Merc and a 5 Series Beemer and complaining that they are easy to confuse, because both of them are E segment cars.

2 hours ago, Teknomancer.4895 said:

Yes, because people always make that very clear distinction in a written format. No one ever just says "rifts" without also specifying which one they mean. 🙄

Kids after the age of 10 already have enough intelligence to understand the difference between the two kinds of rifts, the fact that one is a Rift for Skyscales "only" added 3+ years ago requiring no aid from other players, while the other is designed to be a Rift done by multiple people and added half a year ago makes it clear why people don't specify which is which, it's not needed.
If a person struggles to see the difference between those kinds of rifts chances are they haven't played the game for more than 5 hours yet, considering the game refers to the LWS4 ones as Reality Rifts - in the Skyscale collection as well - and the first Heart of the Obscure Mastery, "Rift Guidance" specifies the other ones as Kryptis Rifts.

You can roll your eyes all you want, but you might miss the game specifying things to you and you'll end up here, complaining that "it's the same".

Edited by IAmNotMatthew.1058
Typo