VISION asked me to remember you to give Rift Repair mastery skill to the new Skyscale too :)

Natasjie.9245

Unless you want us to conclude that the SotO collection to get Skyscale is a big scam since for getting Vision legendary accessory you will have to unlock the old Skyscale anyway at some point....

This is something that imo should be absolutely fixed or many players that are happy to get quick access to skyscale will be infuriated when they realize the thing.

You can add some of those old rifts in the new maps too...shouldn't be hard i think. For the lore you could say the're weaker rifts that will not 'erode' the boundary between the worlds for like years, but they still must be plugged. Or something like that

Edited by Natasjie.9245
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 11

Not needed. Can be exclusive to the old skyscale since it does not add that much that the players with the SotO-only skyscale would miss out on. And if it is for the vision - when they already need skyscale the old (which is good - since legendary stuff should need some work) way then they can get the rift thing jus with that as well.

• Like 11
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Luthan.5236 said:

Not needed. Can be exclusive to the old skyscale since it does not add that much that the players with the SotO-only skyscale would miss out on. And if it is for the vision - when they already need skyscale the old (which is good - since legendary stuff should need some work) way then they can get the rift thing jus with that as well.

I completly agree. Work for the legendary trinket like we all did and do all content that we had to do. 

Its a game! Play it!

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

On 9/19/2023 at 7:27 PM, Zebulous.2934 said:

I guess legendary relics have got the devs distracted.  Oh well.

I'm still convinced they didn't think about a legendary relic before the backlash on the forums made them realize that it is needed.

But On point, I'm kinda with Sobx.1758 on this one.

• Like 6
  • Confused 2

• 1 month later...

I just realized this as well… really sad that you to complete a achievements to get a skyscale that you already have! 

i wouldnt mind if we had to an achievement to unlock the masteries but having to multiple achievements to unlock a mount i already have makes no sense….

i am a newer player, so i didnt even know about 2 ways to get a skyscale, i did the SoTo as that is when i started playing (maybe month before, but wasnt even at a point i knew about unlocking that nount)

if got the skyscale the old way, you dont have to unlock it again to gain the new SoTo masteries?

• Like 2
  • Confused 5

7 minutes ago, Taydon Gambit.1506 said:

I just realized this as well… really sad that you to complete a achievements to get a skyscale that you already have! 

i wouldnt mind if we had to an achievement to unlock the masteries but having to multiple achievements to unlock a mount i already have makes no sense….

i am a newer player, so i didnt even know about 2 ways to get a skyscale, i did the SoTo as that is when i started playing (maybe month before, but wasnt even at a point i knew about unlocking that nount)

if got the skyscale the old way, you dont have to unlock it again to gain the new SoTo masteries?

Not sure you have to unlock it to do the new skin collection tho.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

Not sure you have to unlock it to do the new skin collection tho.

I get it, not saying just unlock mastery, but doing achievements to unlock a mount we already have unlocked is silly.  I wouldn’t mind having to an achievement to unlock the masteries

mmo always have to adjust content to help get new players engaged, there is always power creep.  I am moving from ESO on console to GW2, ESO just released a class that melts ads… it happens:)

i really like gw2, eventually i guess i will have to unlock it a second time

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

On 10/21/2023 at 10:50 PM, Taydon Gambit.1506 said:

I get it, not saying just unlock mastery, but doing achievements to unlock a mount we already have unlocked is silly.  I wouldn’t mind having to an achievement to unlock the masteries

mmo always have to adjust content to help get new players engaged, there is always power creep.  I am moving from ESO on console to GW2, ESO just released a class that melts ads… it happens:)

i really like gw2, eventually i guess i will have to unlock it a second time

There already are achievements to unlock those masteries. The ones you got to skip with Soto.

People who already had the Skyscale had to do A New Friend to be able to do A New Look.

Another thing, Vision is an LWS4 Legendary, that's why you need to do the original collection to get the Mastery unlocked. Anet has said that when the Soto-Skyscale was mentioned that people who get the Skyscale through Soto will not unlocked the LWS4 mastery track.. since obviously the Soto method is quite a bit easier.

• Like 7
  • Confused 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/21/2023 at 2:53 PM, Taydon Gambit.1506 said:

the SotO masteries ONLY apply to the SotO maps until you complete the unlock achievement. If you're (the person who unlocked Skyscale the old way) okay with NOT being able to use fireball and updrafts and ley line riding everywhere outside of SotO maps, then you're fine.

Edited by Forgotten Legend.9281
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

• 1 month later...

The problem about not having "rift repair" avail for "new" SotO skyscale is much larger than the vision items.

No rift repair means no Legendary Leyline Anomaly hunting, thus no Beetle Saddle and obviously no Beetle. Therefore several map can't be completed because no beetle avail to break walls... and so on, those are but a couple of examples.

So yes, 

On 9/19/2023 at 2:46 PM, Natasjie.9245 said:

... This is something that imo should be absolutely fixed or many players that are happy to get quick access to skyscale will be infuriated when they realize the thing.

I am not very happy.

I feel that the "old" masteries should be available to the "new" skyscales, maybe at a higher mastery points costs, maybe after an achievement completion in the Living World S4 maps, but not after being forced to re-tame re-equip re-feed re-whatever a mount I've already have.

• Confused 6

8 hours ago, Hennda din Akass.7145 said:

The problem about not having "rift repair" avail for "new" SotO skyscale is much larger than the vision items.

No rift repair means no Legendary Leyline Anomaly hunting, thus no Beetle Saddle and obviously no Beetle. Therefore several map can't be completed because no beetle avail to break walls... and so on, those are but a couple of examples.

So yes, 

I am not very happy.

I feel that the "old" masteries should be available to the "new" skyscales, maybe at a higher mastery points costs, maybe after an achievement completion in the Living World S4 maps, but not after being forced to re-tame re-equip re-feed re-whatever a mount I've already have.

That's the exchange for a much easier Skyscale acquisition. People wanted easier Skyscale, Anet gave them an easier Skyscale without actively making the older method - the way the majority got theirs - a waste. 

EDIT:
Also, who would have thought that after Anet gives in and gives people the option to get the Skyscale easier people would be complaining that their easier method doesn't give them everything people who did the - now - harder method have?

Edited by IAmNotMatthew.1058
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 4

3 hours ago, Hennda din Akass.7145 said:

Nonsense, the Beetle was there many month before the skyscale even exist, so many month before rift repair exist.

I don't see the link with the Legendary anomaly, it was there before mount even exists.

• Like 10

59 minutes ago, Shuzuru.3651 said:

Nonsense, the Beetle was there many month before the skyscale even exist, so many month before rift repair exist.

I don't see the link with the Legendary anomaly, it was there before mount even exists.

I'm also wondering what he's even talking about. Hope he can provide some links and explain how sksycale is needed there at all.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 6

On 11/15/2023 at 12:43 AM, Forgotten Legend.9281 said:

the SotO masteries ONLY apply to the SotO maps until you complete the unlock achievement. If you're (the person who unlocked Skyscale the old way) okay with NOT being able to use fireball and updrafts and ley line riding everywhere outside of SotO maps, then you're fine.

And Bacon to You, FL! Not sure what you meant with this -- were you claiming that until the achievement "A New Friend" is completed that SoTO Skyscale masteries will not work outside of the Horn of Maguuma maps?

If so, that is incorrect. I haven't bothered to complete the collections, and my "old" skyscale is using updrafts (e.g. HoT maps) and spewing fireballs elsewhere no problem.

Edited by synk.6907

On 9/19/2023 at 2:46 PM, Natasjie.9245 said:

VISION asked me to remember you to give Rift Repair mastery skill to the new Skyscale too 🙂

You got it wrong, the LS4 Legendary Vision ask you to do the LS4 way of skyscale as well. And it's not the only LS4 addition to the skyscale. If you want (any/all of) them, do both ways, as others like me already did.

Edited by Dayra.7405

It is indeed not right. As Teknomancer.4895 pointed out, you get that by participating in the Legendary Anomaly fight, which is a world-boss style event that does not require a skyscale.

Edited by synk.6907