Save wvw with one easy fix.

dead.7638

How's that any worse than having a WvW team work on a project. Anet moves them to a PvE project without telling the players. Then the WvW devs leave Anet and finally telling the players 2-3 years later that they aren't working on that project anymore?

The last place to look for a fix for WvW is within Anet.

WvW has been for years very low priority and is lucky to have anyone doing maintenence.

27 minutes ago, XenesisII.1540 said:

And who's gonna be paying for this? Anet can't even manage/afford to keep a team on wvw full time on their own.

Then Anet should say:

We're no longer going to fix map issues, or create a new map...which they haven't in a long time.

We're no longer going to fix skills, pathing issues, ets...which they haven't in a long time.

We're no longer going to punish hackers/exploiters...which they haven't in a long time.

We're no longer going to try to balance population...which they've never been successful at.

Just bring back free transfers and let the players figure it out. Turn WvW into a 1v0v0 and everybody's a winner.

45 minutes ago, Swamurabi.7890 said:

How's that any worse than having a WvW team work on a project. Anet moves them to a PvE project without telling the players. Then the WvW devs leave Anet and finally telling the players 2-3 years later that they aren't working on that project anymore?

The last place to look for a fix for WvW is within Anet.

WvW has been for years very low priority and is lucky to have anyone doing maintenence.

I assume that is at me. Not sure why people don't quote since it removes applying a statement to the thread in general leaving a point more ambiguous. So if I assumed wrong I apologize.

Outsourcing would not fix the issue of a directional change nor would it fix the resources from being redirected to something outside the scope of the project they were brought in for. Worse an outside resource would be even more prone to squirrel since that just meant in an increase in the scope they were brought in for and they wouldn't be held accountable to the delivery dates if the the group that brought them in told them it was ok to go off course. Make sense?

11 minutes ago, Swamurabi.7890 said:

Then Anet should say:

We're no longer going to fix map issues, or create a new map...which they haven't in a long time.

We're no longer going to fix skills, pathing issues, ets...which they haven't in a long time.

We're no longer going to punish hackers/exploiters...which they haven't in a long time.

We're no longer going to try to balance population...which they've never been successful at.

Just bring back free transfers and let the players figure it out. Turn WvW into a 1v0v0 and everybody's a winner.

Well actions speak louder than words right.. and they haven't done most of those in years... so why are you still waiting on a response for them?

WR is free transfers, it's coming ""soon"". 🤭

1 minute ago, XenesisII.1540 said:

Well actions speak louder than words right.. and they haven't done most of those in years... so why are you still waiting on a response for them?

I lost all hope Anet was going to fix WvW long before I stopped playing.....

I just like re-reading the same repeated threads, it amuses me.

13 minutes ago, Swamurabi.7890 said:

Then Anet should say:

This is the marketing team not the developing groups.

They haven't made any promises of maps, we players ask for them, but they haven't said sure we will do that.

Balance patches like them or not have been flowing. Haven't seen pathing requests in this subforum in I don't remember when. Years back there were complaints which lead to various shadowstep changes.

There haven't been any promises to these. Replies in the past remains the same after they said we won't be talking about these on actions done or not done. 

This is the WR and Alliance conversations and projects.

There was talk about transfers and the WR project, now that Alliances are shelfed we do need to get back to how transfers work so that if the WR project launches players aren't just back to overstacking themselves to game the new system.

7 minutes ago, XenesisII.1540 said:

Xen I think we need to find the Invision forums and find out why isn't popcorn first in the food emoji list, I am its barely above squid!? WTW? 🦑

1 minute ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

lol. I guess you missed my guild tag. Geriatric Crew [OLD] waves a cane. 

🙂 

So we can go old school then.

Don't take it wrong we all would like more changes. But it is a waiting game still so stay tuned.

I remember watching Monty Python on the PBS station late at night....before there was cable.

On 9/22/2023 at 1:00 AM, Dawdler.8521 said:

Removing downstate is agreeable if all the following conditions are also met:

- Celestial is deleted. It's just OP. 
- Boons are deleted. They're just too strong.
- Stealth is deleted. It should never been implemented.
- Mesmers are deleted. Clones is just cheating.
- Dodge is deleted. Why was this even added? It never existed in the good MMOs.
- All elites are deleted. They're not needed. 
- The commander tag is deleted. Other games do fine without it. 
- Squads are deleted. It's just a carry mechanic. 
- Heal skills are deleted. Replace them with consumable potions like how real MMOs does it. 
- Thieves are deleted. There is nothing to steal, they dont belong in the game.
- Full player collision is added. Real physics is where it's at. 
- Moving while using skills is disabled. What is this, an MMO for children? Bring back true hardcore gameplay.
- Friendly fire is added. We're here for the hardcore experience, are we not?
- Perma-death is added. See above. 

What say you OP, we got a deal?

Easier is just delete whole wvw?? 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Burnfall.9573 said:

no Winnie The Pooh 😭

Is this like the seven degrees of Kevin Bacon? So I'm not sure how much the Cat relates to Mez game player nor Lister meeting Abe Lincoln that might impact the Knights of Nee when posters reply to age. I admit I did take a hat off to you when deciding to post a link. So take it more as wave.  🙂 Hope your bags were full on reset!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Zephyrus.9680 said:

There are no downstate weeks and they don't "save" WvW. It's a fun change on occasion but overall it might make fights worse. I'd like no rally events though. 

Since they asked for people to request events, don't forget to add that to their stickie topic in general. More WvW requests we make the more odds we might see some of them. And then all the WvW peeps can come and bash us I am sure, but that's all good if WvW gets more love.

• Like 1

The no downstate weeks were fun. I'm not so sure the game is balanced around them always being gone though.

That said, regular events like no downstate weeks would certainly help keep things a little more fresh. Throw some other modifiers into the pan and see what sticks. I certainly wouldn't mind having some different game modifiers applied at least once a month.