God Emperor

XenesisII.1540

New Outnumbered Effect

When a side is outnumbered, one random player from that side will gain the God Emperor buff, gaining 3000 stats to toughness and vitality, pulsing stability 1 stack per 2 sec, and earning an additional 100% wxp during that time, and will be marked on the map to the enemy the entire time. This buff lasts for 9:59 mins, if after the ppt tick outnumbered is still present, a random new person on that side will gain the God Emperor buff for 9:59 mins.

If the player dies while under the God Emperor buff, the killers will be awarded a Mist-Hardened lockbox. No extra reward for outlasting the buff, as that would promote afking for it.

This is my whacky idea of the month that will never be read by anet. Discuss or confuse face, whichever.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

24 minutes ago, XenesisII.1540 said:

New Outnumbered Effect

When a side is outnumbered, one random player from that side will gain the God Emperor buff, gaining 3000 stats to toughness and vitality, pulsing stability 1 stack per 2 sec, and earning an additional 100% wxp during that time, and will be marked on the map to the enemy the entire time. This buff lasts for 9:59 mins, if after the ppt tick outnumbered is still present, a random new person on that side will gain the God Emperor buff for 9:59 mins.

If the player dies while under the God Emperor buff, the killers will be awarded a Mist-Hardened lockbox. No extra reward for outlasting the buff, as that would promote afking for it.

This is my whacky idea of the month that will never be read by anet. Discuss or confuse face, whichever.

I admit I like it. Especially since it's just defensive stats and you are marked on the map and there is a reward for you being killed. The GE just getting extra XP promotes them to be active while they have the buff. Reminds me of the Warhammer champs in the city fights. +1 from me.

• Like 3

What's the point of trying to incentivize zerg vs 1 "fights"?

Don't see anything fun about being "god emperor" or facing one. If you want to facetank a zerg for a bit, just hop inside a golem - and then you even have a chance at getting away instead of inevitably getting cc/condi spammed to death.

Edited by Zyreva.1078
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, Zyreva.1078 said:

What's the point of trying to incentivize zerg vs 1 "fights"?

Don't see anything fun about being "god emperor" or facing one. If you want to facetank a zerg for a bit, just hop inside a golem - and then you even have a chance at getting away instead of inevitably getting cc/condi spammed to death.

I must admit what I was seeing in this is the potential for a mobile hotspot. Instead of the objective being fixed its moving around creating hotspots of fights. So in large scale it could act as its own call to war point on the map. Looking at it in small scale it's a walking ambush point. Pull a group looking to down the GE, lead them into traps. From a roamer view point, same thing but looking for choice targets and or to play the rabbit card and leads groups in circles off their targets giving your side more targets of opportunity. So to me the idea has a fun factor and a tactical tool side as well.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, XenesisII.1540 said:

Some people only have a one track mind. 🤷‍♂️

Kitten you! Where did I give away my addiction to Thai Food! I mean who doesn't like Bird's Eye chilli!! If you aren't cursing your parents while you eat your Thai, you missed out on the delight and under spiced it.

It's the same as Blue Cheese dressing on salad, if it's not making you angry as you eat your salad you didn't have enough blue cheese in your salad dressing recipe. 

I will have to give less away next time. Till then 🥵

Edited by TheGrimm.5624

57 minutes ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

Kitten you! Where did I give away my addiction to Thai Food! I mean who doesn't like Bird's Eye chilli!! If you aren't cursing your parents while you eat your Thai, you missed out on the delight and under spiced it.

It's the same as Blue Cheese dressing on salad, if it's not making you angry as you eat your salad you didn't have enough blue cheese in your salad dressing recipe. 

I will have to give less away next time. Till then 🥵

🥓

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, XenesisII.1540 said:

🥓

Hey!

I admit I understand I have karma payback since everything becomes tasty when bacon is applied! 

Low blow, way of a low blow. You will rue the day, granted not sure who uses that term any longer but still, avoid butter and flower heated to make a béchamel sauce!!!!

Now note: those never making SoaS, Sausage Gravy, Bacon Gravy, your souls are pure and your hearts are without jamming. For those that have, we are doomed.

to be fair, he talks about situations where one side has 40 people on a karmatrain blob and the outnumbered side is basically empty with 5 people or sth alike, and the random buff would be just 1 player and for a limited amount of time.
however, you'd need the killswitch also for it: if the outnumbered is gone on tick (5min) then the buff mustn't remain either, because else it'd be abusable
further, it won't always help. will be fun and make people happy when half time some afk dude gets it while running into a wall 😛

like legit, this wouldn't be a bad or problematic thing, bc when you're outnumbered there's no "normal conditions" anyways anymore

that to be said, i'm still not sure how the outN exactly procs currently. sometimes u get it when u have 15 ppl at least on the map, sometimes not even when it seems worse

53 minutes ago, kamikharzeeh.8016 said:

to be fair, he talks about situations where one side has 40 people on a karmatrain blob and the outnumbered side is basically empty with 5 people or sth alike, and the random buff would be just 1 player and for a limited amount of time.

The "outnumbered" buff is a quite common occurrence across all tiers and time zones, regardless of overall map/population situation. And that random buff would likely just ruin the game for whoever gets it, as it would make it impossible to get any somewhat fair fight (solo players/smaller grps rightfully avoid you, zergs just run you over regardless), while at the same time doing absolutely nothing for overall balance. Also can be quite frustrating for (new) players that might not be aware of the mechanic when they keep running into "unkillable" players.

Edited by Zyreva.1078
  • Confused 1

16 hours ago, Zyreva.1078 said:

The "outnumbered" buff is a quite common occurrence across all tiers and time zones, regardless of overall map/population situation. And that random buff would likely just ruin the game for whoever gets it, as it would make it impossible to get any somewhat fair fight (solo players/smaller grps rightfully avoid you, zergs just run you over regardless), while at the same time doing absolutely nothing for overall balance. Also can be quite frustrating for (new) players that might not be aware of the mechanic when they keep running into "unkillable" players.

I didn't see this as a balancing effect. I understand your point about a confused new player and agree. But do you not see how a vet, roamer/smallscale/Warband or Zerg player may not use this to move the fight around?

1 hour ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

I didn't see this as a balancing effect. I understand your point about a confused new player and agree. But do you not see how a vet, roamer/smallscale/Warband or Zerg player may not use this to move the fight around?

Ofc there can be certain situations where a buff like described will turn the tide in favour of the otherwise weaker side - but where's the fun in that? I certainly wouldn't want to win fights because of some random unfair buff like that. And it's still a rather specific and unlikely scenario. Much more likely (and smarter) for enemies to just run away or run you over with a zerg, instead of being stuck in combat with someone unkillable due to some unfair buff.

• Confused 1

21 hours ago, Zyreva.1078 said:

Ofc there can be certain situations where a buff like described will turn the tide in favour of the otherwise weaker side - but where's the fun in that? I certainly wouldn't want to win fights because of some random unfair buff like that. And it's still a rather specific and unlikely scenario. Much more likely (and smarter) for enemies to just run away or run you over with a zerg, instead of being stuck in combat with someone unkillable due to some unfair buff.

Zyreva, were you a Warhammer Online player? 

Its not about turning the favor. It's about fun and at the same time of tactics. Using a decoy, or also using less to distract more. Since I made assumptions I will ask, which type of gameplay do you most play. I took it as roamer/havoc from your posts. Is that correct or am I wrong? If you don't mind me asking. 

Edited by TheGrimm.5624

1 hour ago, Justine.6351 said:

If nobody cares wouldn't this just make an op roamer in the borderlands or a random tanky person otherwise? It might be hot for a while but after 6 months and outside prime time it would be obnoxious.

This is like a bounty. Players like loot and this would be like setting a target on a high profile target. Have seen this work well in the past. Based on how Xen set it, it also allows the target to bait and lead bounty hunters into traps which, to me as a roamer/havoc means I can lead targets into ambushes. So its rewarding to hunters and to the rabbit on how it plays out. 

In another view it's like monster play in games where a player changes role and now takes on a task outside of their build. GW2 has been missing out of not implementing monster play so far overtime. Image a tower lord, keep lord or SMC lord controlled by a player versus fixed AI coding could have done in a fight.....

7 hours ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

In another view it's like monster play in games where a player changes role and now takes on a task outside of their build. GW2 has been missing out of not implementing monster play so far overtime. Image a tower lord, keep lord or SMC lord controlled by a player versus fixed AI coding could have done in a fight.....

I've posted a few times with schemes to allow players to control NPCs and I still think it would be a great idea.  The fixed AI gets boring to fight really fast because they are so predictable.  Perhaps you could make the npcs into the equivalent of fancy siege golems that act on their own when not in use.  It would be especially fitting on Stoic Keep on DBL if all of the golem-like guards could be used like siege golems.

It would certainly make outnumbered or last ditch efforts to retain or stall the capture of an objective much more interesting.  It would also make the scouting role more fun and interesting.

Just upgrading the AI to be less predictable would also be a huge step forward.

Edited by blp.3489
Missing word

1 hour ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

You know that the only thing that's going to happen is that someone runs off with all the NPCs and leave the objective completely defenseless.

In the same way that the only thing that happens with tactivators is someone pulls them maliciously?  So provide an option that only members of the guild that claimed the objective can use the golem feature.  Probably if you restrict it to when the objective is contested maybe combined with NPCs returning to their usual spot when you get out, so that one player can only move one guard/lord, it would no longer be worth it.  If the objective is contested there are likely to be other players there to witness what the spy is doing, and if there aren't other players there the objective is going to fall in short order anyway.

I think it would be cool to convert one more component of WvW from PVE to PVP, at least some of the time, and playing as the lord would definitely add a little variety.

Edited by blp.3489

8 hours ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

Zyreva, were you a Warhammer Online player?

No.

It's about fun and at the same time of tactics.

As said, i don't see anything fun about it, only the opposite.

Using a decoy, or also using less to distract more.

I'm doing that all the time. No need for some ridiculous defensive buff.

Since I made assumptions I will ask, which type of gameplay do you most play. I took it as roamer/havoc from your posts. Is that correct or am I wrong? If you don't mind me asking. 

That is correct. Solo roaming or small scale with a few guildies (grp size usually <5 ).