Ranger's downstate

Zekent.3652

1 hour ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

This.  Ele's downstate is perhaps one of the best because of mistform---they can go right onto a point and keep it contested, through gate portals to safety, or right back into allies and get insta-rezzed.  

In fact, there are a LOT of downstates that have a teleport or movement of some sort--ranger has no such thing.

Warrior downstate is ridiculous because you can down and kill people while in last stand, which is a hell of a lot more potent than ranger self-rezzing.  

I swear, all the bronzies who get wrecked by ranger downstate, I really need to see some gameplay footage for good lols. 

Because as a g3/plat player I can tell you this thread is ridiculous, as zero times has my downstate saved me, because I'm 2v1 CC locked in downstate and dead before lick wounds even becomes available.  

Even in the most ideal conditions where you get 2-3 CC's off by pet swapping, still doesn't matter as stability is rampant and if no stability, they just wait it out and stomp you anyway.  

Ranger downstate is a literal non-factor.  Prove me wrong.

I have no problem with ranger downstate. Just stop them from being able to use f-skills when down, and when the pet is cc'd during rez, the skill goes into cooldown.

2 hours ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

Ranger is the only class you can't leave to bleed out. And it has too much instruments to waste your time when people try to stomp/cleave it. In any decent level of matches this is a big factor. No downstate from other class stands close.

Ranger mains level of hypocricy grows higher every day.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

4 hours ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

This.  Ele's downstate is perhaps one of the best because of mistform---they can go right onto a point and keep it contested, through gate portals to safety, or right back into allies and get insta-rezzed.  

In fact, there are a LOT of downstates that have a teleport or movement of some sort--ranger has no such thing.

Warrior downstate is ridiculous because you can down and kill people while in last stand, which is a hell of a lot more potent than ranger self-rezzing.  

I swear, all the bronzies who get wrecked by ranger downstate, I really need to see some gameplay footage for good lols. 

Because as a g3/plat player I can tell you this thread is ridiculous, as zero times has my downstate saved me, because I'm 2v1 CC locked in downstate and dead before lick wounds even becomes available.  

Even in the most ideal conditions where you get 2-3 CC's off by pet swapping, still doesn't matter as stability is rampant and if no stability, they just wait it out and stomp you anyway.  

i got lolz by reading u think ele downstate is the best and than thinking others are nubs.

try harder to point fingers away from the elephant in the room

about proof u wrong did u ever was in a 1v1 and u went downstate and ur oponment 3 second later from condi as well?

now say why should this be an autowin for u?

also why ranger is the only class u not allowed to bleed out?

Edited by Balsa.3951
  • Like 3
  • Confused 2

I'm still not seeing any good arguments to prove me wrong...

2 hours ago, Spellhunter.9675 said:

Ranger is the only class you can't leave to bleed out. And it has too much instruments to waste your time when people try to stomp/cleave it. In any decent level of matches this is a big factor. No downstate from other class stands close.

It's not a big factor, I've already stated that as someone who plays in about the highest non-wintrader rank there is.  Damage is so high in sPvP now that the pet rez does less than nothing, and if you can't overcome the pet rez or even let it start to rez then that's a player issue.

30 minutes ago, Balsa.3951 said:

i got lolz by reading u think ele downstate is the best and than thinking others are nubs.

try harder to point fingers away from the elephant in the room

about proof u wrong did u ever was in a 1v1 and u went downstate and ur oponment 3 second later from condi as well?

now say why should this be an autowin for u?

also why ranger is the only class u not allowed to bleed out?

I get lolz by the fact that ele can move to safety when it should be barred from going in gates and moving back onto nodes to stop a cap.  Vapor form is the most busted downstate skill there is with all the interactions it has--that's objective fact.

Also, if you go 1v1 into downstate as a ranger you are going to lose to a necromancer and perhaps a warrior too once they use vengeance. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

4 minutes ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

I'm still not seeing any good arguments to prove me wrong...

It's not a big factor, I've already stated that as someone who plays in about the highest non-wintrader rank there is.  Damage is so high in sPvP now that the pet rez does less than nothing, and if you can't overcome the pet rez or even let it start to rez then that's a player issue.

I get lolz by the fact that ele can move to safety when it should be barred from going in gates and moving back onto nodes to stop a cap.  Vapor form is the most busted downstate skill there is with all the interactions it has--that's objective fact.

Also, if you go 1v1 into downstate as a ranger you are going to lose to a necromancer and perhaps a warrior too once they use vengeance. 

warrior use vegenace they dead as.well...

necro wins downstate cs rangers i highly doubt 

what gate in spvp are u talking about even.

only one spvp map has a gate which u can solo open.

on cap ele can only delay his death

what aboutism doesn't change the fact that rangers downstate is busted

Edited by Balsa.3951
  • Like 3
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

It's not a big factor, I've already stated that as someone who plays in about the highest non-wintrader rank there is. 

Classic Gold 2 "I know everything about the game" LUL

Or do you think anyone higher than your gold w/e rating is a wintader? That is a demagogic position.

You can answer whatever you want. I'll just consider any of your posts as unfunny jokes.

Edited by Spellhunter.9675
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

You forgot to mention that Rangers also can pewpew through walls as the one of very few in the entire game, which pretty much can DENY Ele ress within safety of walls after they walked through portal.
On top of that Ele WILL die and will never ress itself under any pressure. Warrior downstate is worthless, it doesn't do kitten to anyone, you just walk away from them and they die on their own, literally walk away.

In case of Ranger it can self-ress and still be pain in the kitten to deal with because of pet while being downed. It's not like you can leave Ranger on their own, because their self-ress is the strongest in the game, even Guardian can't get close to it's effectiveness.
You have 0 knowledge about game.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

On 9/25/2023 at 7:12 PM, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

The pet resumes rezzing after an interrupt, which requires a deliberate action on a player's part to do. If you get cced while rezzing someone, you have to press F again. 

Sure, lick wounds goes on CD when pressed or on interrupt. That's why I said:

There was a bug early on with ranger pets where lick wounds would refuse to work/get interrupted if the pet did not have a simple path to the ranger. The fix to this was to make the pet -so- determined to rez that it constantly attempts to perform that action until it is killed, the ranger is killed, the ranger tells it to do something else specifically, or there is a rally.  This "immune to cc" thing you're talking about is the thing I say needs to change. In PvP, at least. If a pet is rezzing, then gets hit by banish, it should forget it was rezzing until lick wounds is off cd. That will keep rangers from being mini downstate raid bosses.

They can use Call Lightning to cover their pet rezzing if they so desire.

I already showed you months ago that it worked this way before so you can stop trying to spread this "theory". GW2 PvP Explained: DOWNED STATE & STOMPING - YouTube (18min 30s) Also stopping would literally make it worse than any skill 3 or just necro auto.

Edited by aymnad.9023

7 hours ago, TrollingDemigod.3041 said:

You forgot to mention that Rangers also can pewpew through walls as the one of very few in the entire game, which pretty much can DENY Ele ress within safety of walls after they walked through portal.
On top of that Ele WILL die and will never ress itself under any pressure. Warrior downstate is worthless, it doesn't do kitten to anyone, you just walk away from them and they die on their own, literally walk away.

Yes, rangers can shoot through walls and pets are so OP we have entire topics about 'how they must be stopped', however ranger appears in no mAT unless edge case build which forum also complains about.

I love bads 🤣

7 hours ago, Spellhunter.9675 said:

You can answer whatever you want. I'll just consider any of your posts as unfunny jokes.

I've already been doing likewise lol.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

Yes, rangers can shoot through walls and pets are so OP we have entire topics about 'how they must be stopped', however ranger appears in no mAT unless edge case build which forum also complains about.

Yea, you're just another fotm player if you don't know basics about ranger kit.
Neither does core Elementalist appear in mAT, your point is? Right, none.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, TrollingDemigod.3041 said:

Neither does core Elementalist appear in mAT, your point is? Right, none.

Legit confused by this--are you saying only core elem has a downstate? 

Nah, can't be it--more likely you are just omitting the e-specs entirely, the ones that dominate every mAT since forever?

Still haven't proved me wrong that vapor form is OP--when I've gave plenty of reasons on page 1 about ranger downstate being fine.   

• Confused 2