Willbender or Dragonhunter for pistol/pistol?

Terimac.5871

Intuitively, DH is probably better suited for ranged, but that might fall down if pistols turn out to be condi-based as some people are hoping for (DH isn't very good for conditions). Furthermore, the main thing that would push a WB into melee is Rushing Justice (the F1), and with a willbender you might be able to use Flash Combo or Roiling Light to use that into a "get in, deliver the flames, get out" combo. So I'd probably consider WB the safer bet overall, if you already have FB.

• Confused 1

[PvP]

(Pistol Power vs Pistol Condi)
If mainhand Pistol has a shadowstep then it will either replace mainhand sword, or complement it as an excellent utility weaponset that's better than Scepter/X. Perhaps not better than Scepter#2 power damage and definitely not better than GS damage.

The most likely scenario though is Pistol/Pistol being a ranged condi version of Sword/Sword with a Power coefficient being 3/4 that of Sword/Sword, with condi making up a 1/4 of damage. Maybe a high condi coefficient (hopefully for them condi guards taking side-nodes).

[in Rank queue]
I'm not 100% convinced that Condi Guard will be a thing compared to power Pistol/Pistol but fingers crossed that we'll get a new side-node condi/power variant that can actually 1v1 things. Similar to side-node condi P/P Thief except not as efficient because DH no longer has stealth/superspeed lol.... There's so many reason why Condi Guard Pistol/Pistol can be Dead on Arrival in PvP.

• Confused 1

• 6 months later...
On 10/5/2023 at 8:14 PM, Terimac.5871 said:

Hello,

Im about to unlock either WB or DH, but with pistol/pistol in mind, which spec would be best suited for those weapons, no matter how they would play out?

Thanks! 😼

I think pistol/pistol set was released for Firebrands due to lack of a proper ranged weapon. The set heavily relies on condition damage which is the key element of the Firebrand. 

• Confused 5

2 hours ago, recipesw.7453 said:

I think pistol/pistol set was released for Firebrands due to lack of a proper ranged weapon. The set heavily relies on condition damage which is the key element of the Firebrand. 

Why'd they design it more for melee then?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 4/9/2024 at 4:05 AM, recipesw.7453 said:

Pistol does alot of multi hitting which is the willbender's field, ofc pistol mainhand last i check was solid for both but yeah id say it was designed with willy in mind.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 4/16/2024 at 2:32 PM, zealex.9410 said:

Pistol does alot of multi hitting which is the willbender's field, ofc pistol mainhand last i check was solid for both but yeah id say it was designed with willy in mind.

Really? multi hitting is the willbender's field? If willbender is multi hitting what is the firebrand then, who literally has a ton of skills affecting entire groups?

• Confused 3

2 hours ago, recipesw.7453 said:

I'm pretty sure it's designed to be ranged/condi which is clearly firebrand style.

Firebrand was designed with Axe, and literally has a trait that enchances Axe skills.
Why are you so kitten anyway?
Over somebody else giving their opinion, as if yours was the only correct one?
Getting mad from the "dislikes" dropped on your post, and just lashing out at any random passing person who disagrees with you?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, recipesw.7453 said:

I'm pretty sure it's designed to be ranged/condi which is clearly firebrand style.

Except it's not a great ranged weapon. Too much of its power budget requires you to be in melee range. 

3 hours ago, recipesw.7453 said:

Really? multi hitting is the willbender's field? If willbender is multi hitting what is the firebrand then, who literally has a ton of skills affecting entire groups?

FB is multi-target AOE, WB is multi-hit, either same or different targets.

On 4/8/2024 at 11:25 PM, Eekasqueak.7850 said:

Why'd they design it more for melee then?

We are also scratching our heads over this one. Probably so WB can use it better. LOL. 🤷‍♂️

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1