Add Roller Beetle to WvW

zengara.8301

2 hours ago, zengara.8301 said:

Would be hilarious

Would be hilarious but I fear the short walls would be too easy to "Bettle-Weeeeeeeeeee!" over them. Course maybe if they only had 1 HP....? A bad bump dismounting you are bad time could also be interesting. "Was that a player I just saw sailing into that wall for terminal speed? Yup I think that smear is Bob. Sorry Bob.".

• Haha 1

It would also make defending much easier, because with a beetle, one could get to most places from the WP really quickly.

I guess the counter is that the attackers could also get back to their objects really quickly also.  I'm not sure how that would actually play out.  But being able to launch over walls would make things interesting, but once again, goes both ways - the side that lost some objective because someone flew over the wall can retake it in the same way.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Solvar.7953 said:

It would also make defending much easier, because with a beetle, one could get to most places from the WP really quickly.

I guess the counter is that the attackers could also get back to their objects really quickly also.  I'm not sure how that would actually play out.  But being able to launch over walls would make things interesting, but once again, goes both ways - the side that lost some objective because someone flew over the wall can retake it in the same way.

I have to wonder how much work would it require to allow for a week? The laugh factor alone...... 🙂 

Roller beetle can actually be added to EOTM, as a race course.
one player can contribute once per-day only.
+0.1% speed to players in the "actual" wvw map every time a player from your server won first place in a race,
+0..05% for coming in second 
+0.01% third. 
etc

Edited by SweetPotato.7456

I wouldn't be mad if they lowered the normal speed of the Beatle as long as it performed the same. It's a lot more fun to roll around on than the wingless griffon we have now. 

I think there's just not enough non-point gaining travel time to really enjoy it though, and the map behavior might make it a detraction from your server's efforts if you're trying to vibe with it. 

29 minutes ago, kash.9213 said:

I wouldn't be mad if they lowered the normal speed of the Beatle as long as it performed the same. It's a lot more fun to roll around on than the wingless griffon we have now. 

I think there's just not enough non-point gaining travel time to really enjoy it though, and the map behavior might make it a detraction from your server's efforts if you're trying to vibe with it. 

I fear it wouldn't pass muster though considering the fact that people still feel there shouldn't be mounts at all.