When do they update the VIP passes?

jokke.6239

I don't think there's any kind of schedule for it. As far as I remember the update in June when they added the Aerodrome, Eye of the North and Arborstone as options was the first time they'd added destinations to any of the passes.

It might be something they do periodically from now on, but we can't predict when based on 1 update and it might be a matter of it happens as and when someone who has the necessary skills also has the time to do it.

44 minutes ago, Farohna.6247 said:

Wizard Tower isn't open for Tyrian tourism yet, so that may be a while before there is additional access.  I'd guess not until after the story is complete.  

20 minutes ago, SoftFootpaws.9134 said:

isgarren says at the end of secrets of the obscure story that he wants the astral court to remain a secret, so its not likely to happen.

I'm not sure lore has much to do with the features of the lounges. The Lava Lounge is staffed by people who were shipwrecked on Ember Bay and realistically if they could open a portal the mainland they'd have left, not stayed around to run services. (I was going to list Noble's Folly as well, but they're still enthusiastic about joining the campaign against Mordremoth even after being shot down.)

But more importantly there's already a portal in Lion's Arch which leads to the Wizard's Tower. It's a blue Astral Ward rift rather than an asura gate, and apparently only the Commander can see it (you're asked not to be too noticeable when disappearing into it) so they could do something similar in the lounges if simply adding it to the list of destinations is a problem.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Danikat.8537 said:

I'm not sure lore has much to do with the features of the lounges. The Lava Lounge is staffed by people who were shipwrecked on Ember Bay and realistically if they could open a portal the mainland they'd have left, not stayed around to run services. (I was going to list Noble's Folly as well, but they're still enthusiastic about joining the campaign against Mordremoth even after being shot down.)

But more importantly there's already a portal in Lion's Arch which leads to the Wizard's Tower. It's a blue Astral Ward rift rather than an asura gate, and apparently only the Commander can see it (you're asked not to be too noticeable when disappearing into it) so they could do something similar in the lounges if simply adding it to the list of destinations is a problem.

It was in jest.   I personally hope they do add it soon just for convenience.  But I don't see it happening until another chunk of story.  

There's one in LA?  I rarely go there, didn't realize this.

What do you mean exactly with "VIP passes"? I mean ... Arborstone, Eye of the North and Wizard's Tower - they all have an own teleportation item. Either from story, achievement or a vendor. The seasonal maps just have tomes where Arborstone and Wizard's Tower do not have tomes cause the other maps to not have scrolls.

And the VIP "lounges" are different from that. Not really related to the normal maps.

Not really sure what Danikat means with "As far as I remember the update in June when they added the Aerodrome, Eye of the North and Arborstone as options was the first time they'd added destinations to any of the passes." though. I mean ...the pass to some lounge does just teleport you to the lounge. And not offering any option to port to elsewhere. (Would even mean less convenience if an extra menu popped up there.)

Unless the Lily of the Elon is different - it is called "invitation" and the only lounge "pass" I have. And only porting to there.

I'd rather like to see a tome for the lounges ... or an extra menu for an account wide unlock to story everything including the portal tomes/scrolls you earn by playing.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Luthan.5236 said:

What do you mean exactly with "VIP passes"? I mean ... Arborstone, Eye of the North and Wizard's Tower - they all have an own teleportation item. Either from story, achievement or a vendor. The seasonal maps just have tomes where Arborstone and Wizard's Tower do not have tomes cause the other maps to not have scrolls.

And the VIP "lounges" are different from that. Not really related to the normal maps.

Not really sure what Danikat means with "As far as I remember the update in June when they added the Aerodrome, Eye of the North and Arborstone as options was the first time they'd added destinations to any of the passes." though. I mean ...the pass to some lounge does just teleport you to the lounge. And not offering any option to port to elsewhere. (Would even mean less convenience if an extra menu popped up there.)

Unless the Lily of the Elon is different - it is called "invitation" and the only lounge "pass" I have. And only porting to there.

I'd rather like to see a tome for the lounges ... or an extra menu for an account wide unlock to story everything including the portal tomes/scrolls you earn by playing.

The lounges all have portals that have options to take you to LA, previous map, the cities for each race, etc.  They do not have them for the Wizard's Tower yet.  I use them mostly just for dailies, the majority of the time I personally use my scrolls/passes.  

I would actually love just a tome to put everything in, and it's been asked for quite frequently.   I want a binder system lol.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Oh I see. Have not checked this yet - since most of the time I do port to other stuff directly. (Specific waypoint.) And for the Wizard's Tower and Arborstone the item seems more convenient. For cities like LA it might be a cheap option though. If you want the additional load screen (porting to the lounge first) to save a few silver.

In my daily routine I usually port to my home instance (home instance portal stone from the gem stone) and then after that for one vitit to LA by using the wapoint directly - which then is not that expensive. (When you have your home instance in Divinity's Reach.)

But thanks for clarification. No wonder I was a bit confused when I thought about the item (lounge pass) itself cause the thread title mentioned "passes" - more like a change to the lounge itself. (But yeah ... since you pay for the pass to go there it of course affects that as well.)

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Luthan.5236 said:

Oh I see. Have not checked this yet - since most of the time I do port to other stuff directly. (Specific waypoint.) And for the Wizard's Tower and Arborstone the item seems more convenient. For cities like LA it might be a cheap option though. If you want the additional load screen (porting to the lounge first) to save a few silver.

In my daily routine I usually port to my home instance (home instance portal stone from the gem stone) and then after that for one vitit to LA by using the wapoint directly - which then is not that expensive. (When you have your home instance in Divinity's Reach.)

But thanks for clarification. No wonder I was a bit confused when I thought about the item (lounge pass) itself cause the thread title mentioned "passes" - more like a change to the lounge itself. (But yeah ... since you pay for the pass to go there it of course affects that as well.)

It wasn't where I thought the title was leading either lol.  It feels like an extra step to go to a lounge imo, unless you're already there.  It is cheaper ultimately.