What mechanist could have been

Carran.9158

On 10/8/2023 at 11:45 PM, Carran.9158 said:

Anet pls. 

Would have infinitely preferred this over the obnoxious, broken mess we got, which anyone who played earlier engineer and ranger, knew and stated it would be.

It wouldn't be so bad if the mech less obstructive and they actually looked different to other people's in some way.

Mechanist is the worst possible version of itself. Way worse than beta ranger.

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

On 10/10/2023 at 5:45 PM, Phyrak.7260 said:

Driving the mech would have been spectacular!

Reactor Online. Sensors Online. Weapons Online.

All Systems Nominal.

Driving the mech would have most likely been cluncky as hell. This would have been a transformation skill at the level of Summon Power Suit and as such it would have been unbearably bad. Every single engineer of this subforum would have complained and asked for a refund of GW2:EoD.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Mech is OP for soloing and boringly easy to play. That's a lousy combo. It's basically the go-to for unimaginative and unskilled players, and sadly outperforms most anything else. On top of that it's a huge eyesore. Green 🟩robots🟩 everywhere you turn. 🟩Blech.🟩

Some ideas to stop 🟩mech from being stupid, and beautify the landscape as well:

• 1. Make the 🟩mech automatically de-summon when out of combat. Then we wouldn't have to look at them idling in town, and it's 🟩ground slam🟩 could actually be a good opening attack. Whether it would automatically 🟩summon when entering combat idk. Perhaps not if..............
  • 2. When desummoned the engineer would gain a variation of the 🟩mech's skills as toolbelt skills so it could play well without the 🟩npc to carry it. This would make the 🟩robot a choice and give a 🟩more nuanced combat style,🟩 making it a trade-off. You'd have to sacrifice some of your personal power score to utilize the 🟩robot. This conscientious play style could be further enforced by.....................
  • Giving the 🟩mech a power supply, like holosmith or necro, so you could only keep your 🟩robot active for so long. Probably a long time, but not 🟩indefinitely. Then people would summon it when it would be most useful to them, instead of all the time for everything.🟩🟩🟩

Go ahead and slap some 🟩emojis on my post. See if I care. This 🟩class needs an overhaul.

Unless you aren't 🟩 sick 🟩 of seeing 🟩green🟩 yet.🟩

• Like 5
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 4

I like summoners/minion classes so I like having an OP robot, what I don't like is not being able to customize it's color (with it's default being a horrendous green) on top of only having 1 pet option despite other robot variants existing as NPCs.

(Also quit trying to make 'mechanical genius' happen.)

Giant floating arms on my character instead of a pet is a lot of things I don't like.

Unless you're saying the Mech should be a Humanoid Android pet you design yourself in Character Creation.

Edited by Doggie.3184

On 10/24/2023 at 12:19 AM, Dadnir.5038 said:

Driving the mech would have most likely been cluncky as hell. This would have been a transformation skill at the level of Summon Power Suit and as such it would have been unbearably bad. Every single engineer of this subforum would have complained and asked for a refund of GW2:EoD.

It's just a matter of fiddling with animations and damage scaling to make it work - as long as it's an opt in; it'd could have some good potential 🙂

16 hours ago, Resident.7421 said:

Mech is OP for soloing and boringly easy to play. That's a lousy combo. It's basically the go-to for unimaginative and unskilled players, and sadly outperforms most anything else. On top of that it's a huge eyesore. Green 🟩robots🟩 everywhere you turn. 🟩Blech.🟩

• 1. Make the 🟩mech automatically de-summon when out of combat. Then we wouldn't have to look at them idling in town, and it's 🟩ground slam🟩 could actually be a good opening attack. Whether it would automatically 🟩summon when entering combat idk. Perhaps not if..............
  • 2. When desummoned the engineer would gain a variation of the 🟩mech's skills as toolbelt skills so it could play well without the 🟩npc to carry it. This would make the 🟩robot a choice and give a 🟩more nuanced combat style,🟩 making it a trade-off. You'd have to sacrifice some of your personal power score to utilize the 🟩robot. This conscientious play style could be further enforced by.....................
  • Giving the 🟩mech a power supply, like holosmith or necro, so you could only keep your 🟩robot active for so long. Probably a long time, but not 🟩indefinitely. Then people would summon it when it would be most useful to them, instead of all the time for everything.🟩🟩🟩

Go ahead and slap some 🟩emojis on my post. See if I care. This 🟩class needs an overhaul.

I won't give you a confused emoji, but Just a heart, cuz you bring some interesting points here but maybe you come from a wrong direction. First of all, Mech Is not Just for unimaginative ad unskilled players, you have many options in the game for that kind of laid back gameplay. In fact you can set the Mech to play very differently with many set and traitline and have a nice nuance to it's gameplay, of course you can Just set all on auto and Just spam AA but in that case you Will Always perform poorly in every scenario except farming. 

Big Green Jade Boy Is a design choice, we can't do anything about It unfourtunately, i myself wish for a 2 color custom panel but Will likely never happen.

Crush down Is a great opener that i use actively and i Wish Mech was unsummoned by default, instead of the contrary, this Will automatically reduce the clutter in towns by a LOT.

Last but not least, i Wish for a rework of the stupid mechanical Genius gimmick (or Just remove that thing) and a theme toolbelt option when Mech Is dead or not around.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

wish one of the grandmasters let us play without the mech. Like giving us payoff for sending the mech up and keeping it there: currently, it actually shoots down some energy beams when you do that, but they're super weak and you still have no access to toolbelts... 

Edited by Kenjiro.5074

On 11/6/2023 at 9:48 PM, Resident.7421 said:

I do agree with the green being an EyeSore, give us mech skins or at least a dye channel...

• Like 2
  • Confused 1